Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "NETATMO Presence, Outdoor Security Camera with Peo...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 44% off the $299.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
NETATMO Presence, Outdoor Security Camera with People, Car and Animal Detection (NOC01-US)
|Price:||$219.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$80.99 (27%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Detects and reports in real time if someone loiters around your home, a car enters your driveway or your pet is in the yard.
- Integrated smart floodlight which switches on only when needed, to help deter unwanted visitors, cars, animals or all three.
- DIY installation: Presence simply replaces any existing outdoor light.
- Ultra-precise alerts let you know instantly about what happens outside your home. The Alert-Zones feature allows you to select specific areas for alerts.
- Free video storage: locally on the camera’s microSD card. Optional: store videos additionally on your Dropbox account or on your personal FTP server.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Presence does outdoor security better
Presence, the smartest outdoor security camera, is able to distinguish people, cars and animals.
It tells you exactly what it sees around your home and notifies you directly on your smartphone.
It has an integrated smart floodlight which switches on only when needed, to help deter unwanted visitors, cars, animals or all three.
- Smart LED Floodlight
- Infrared night vision
- Free video storage
- 100° field of view
- 1080p Full HD video
- 4 MP video sensor
- Weatherproof: HZO protection
Detect the presence of a person, car or animal. Be notified when it matters
Presence detects and reports in real-time if someone loiters around your home, a car enters your driveway or your pet is in the yard.
Each home is unique. With Presence you receive customized notifications that match your needs.
The Alert-Zones feature allows you to select specific areas for alerts – you know instantly when someone enters a zone you selected.
Protection day and night
At night, either watch discreetly with Presence's infra-red night vision or switch the camera's floodlight on.
The smart floodlight can be switched on manually in the app or set to switch on when it detects a person, car or animal - or for all three. It helps you find your way safely at night and deters any unwanted visitors.
Simply installs as an outdoor light
Presence simply replaces any existing outdoor light fixture.
In just a few minutes you have a sophisticated security system with a powerful floodlight.
Prevent break-ins or damage on your property
Ultra-precise alerts let you know instantly about what happens outside your home.
Use live stream to view your property in real-time.
Any device. Anywhere. Anytime
Access your videos and live stream through Presence’s app – anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Free video storage
Free and secure video storage: Storing your videos is free and secure on the included microSD card, with the option of using your FTP server or your Dropbox account as additional storage.
Presence uses bank-level, end-to-end encryption to guarantee the highest level of protection for your videos. Identification data and video footage is yours alone.
|Item Dimensions||7.87 x 4.33 x 1.96 inches|
|Item Weight||2.29 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||3.55 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
Compare to similar items
This item NETATMO Presence, Outdoor Security Camera with People, Car and Animal Detection (NOC01-US)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Flipper's Shop||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4.33 x 1.96 x 7.87 in||6 x 11 x 8.5 in||2.43 x 1.45 x 4.98 in||1.9 x 3.1 x 2.8 in||1.8 x 1.8 x 6 in||1.9 x 4.35 x 1.9 in|
Presence, the smartest outdoor security camera is able to distinguish people, cars and animals. It tells you exactly what it sees around your home and notifies you directly on your smartphone. It has an integrated smart floodlight which switches on only when needed, to help deter unwanted visitors, cars, animals or all three.
* 1 Year Warranty *
Top Customer Reviews
After seeing some positive reviews on Amazon I thought maybe they just released a bad batch in the beginning and the problems have been resolved now. I ordered a third unit to try one more time. Received and installed and it is failing at the exact same step. Opened another case with NetAtmo support but am not holding my breath.
Unboxed it, hooked up to existing light fixture (whoever designed the place for the allen wrench to be used to tighten the camera should be fired btw), and powered on. Lights turned on and did their thing. Was briefly pleasantly surprised.
Downloaded the NetAtmo security app. Detected the camera. Tried to join to wifi network. Failed with picture attached. Kept repeating. Created an Open SSID without any encryption to see if that was what was breaking it but it failed with the same error.
Tried to contact NetAtmo. No phone number anywhere and contacting through their site is a serious hassle. Sent initial communication three days ago of problem. Received one email back approx two hours later asking me to confirm my order number and email address. Replied right away. Nothing since.
I have ordered a replacement unit from Amazon which I will try installing today to see if it was just a faulty unit. If I have the same problem both will be going back and I will be done with the presence. Shame too because WeatherStation is a good product I am fond of.
Update #2: Received replacement, installed, experienced same problem.
That brings me to the Netatmo Presence. At this point it seems as though there are two major issues with the camera:
First, and quite concerning, is that all of the product literature I received (and when I ordered) said it included a 16gb SD card, which could be upgraded to 32gb. That's not what I got. I got an 8gb card. I found this out as I had issues with the stock SD card in the unit, so I went ahead and ordered a 32gb card. Upon receiving the 32gb card I swapped out the stock card. The stock card was ONLY an 8gb card. Upon doing a little bit of research online, I'm not alone. Several US customers have been finding 8gb cards despite all of the product literature stating 16gb. I also have come to understand that the company has changed some of their site language now to show 8gb, but that was NOT the case when these initial units were purchased. It's on paper, in writing, 16gb. This is a big problem and needs to be addressed.
Second, and even more concerning, the SD cards have failed for me during two rain events thus far, and I've only had the camera installed for one week. It is under an overhang on the roof, so it's not even in a location that gets direct water unless it's a very windy situation. I can say with anecdotal certainty (if that's a thing), that the failure is a moisture issue. Both times of the SD card failure were at the peak of the rain events that were moving through. The camera shuts off and says "Defective SD Card". When you open up the back, it becomes pretty obvious that despite all of the other waterproofing, there is nothing but grease to waterproof the SD card. This is a huge design issue that needs a fix asap, and we as early adopters of this product need some direct feedback from the company that they will take care of this. This rain failure issue is also echoed by others in the product forums, so I'm fairly confident I'm not taking an unscientific leap here.
I wrote in my prior review, which is being replaced by this one, that this, when working, is what I consider a 5-star product. I want this product to work, and will absolutely update my review when/if things are resolved. With that said, the false advertising on the 16gb stock card, and the SD moisture failures on an outdoor camera, are huge issues. I still have faith in the company that's delivered quality products several times over, but that goodwill and trust are eroding quickly. There are really no excuses for either of these issues, and I hope that they communicate a plan with their loyal customer base quickly.
In a nutshell:
Given the Netatmo cloud issues if I hadn't been able to set up an FTP server I would probably have returned the camera. All the problems I experienced appear to be software and/or server related, so I'm hopeful that they will be fixed over the next couple of months. Actually there's a lot more good than bad.
• The install process is actually quite easy. I've installed two. The first took about 45 minutes, the second just about 15 minutes.
• The "build quality" of the unit is very good. The aesthetic is "modern" so opinions may vary. I like it and it works on my house.
• The picture resolution is very good in the higher resolution mp4 files.
• The "recognition" feature seems to be fairly accurate. I did get a vehicle mis-notification one night during some light blowing snow flurries. Still I'm happy enough with that portion. It identified a snow covered cat at night in light snowfall from 30 feet away. Pretty impressive.
• The time from motion sensing to identification to notification on my phone took about 30 - 60 seconds. Satisfactory.
• Live View streaming has a bit of a lag, but according to the Netatmo FAQ this is normal. "Presence uses http Live Streaming protocol. Experiencing a slight lag time of a few seconds is normal, as live stream is sent through an encrypted connection from Presence to your device. Videos recorded always provide beginning of the event" The good news then is it appears the Netatmo server is NOT involved in live streaming.
• The camera has the ability to save files to an FTP server. If you know how to set up the server DO IT. Mp4 files will be saved to both the Netatmo server AND locally. This makes reviewing them easy and some of the more problematic issues below more bearable.
• I am on a 3mbps DSL connection. I have no other options. I have yet to successfully download an mp4 file from the Netatmo cloud service. This may or may not be related to my DSL speed but I routinely download files of much greater size with no issue. I've attempted to download multiple files in the 11 - 20mb range. Every download either fails outright or just hangs and times out. I sometimes get a "Bad Gateway" error 502. This would be a show stopper for me if not for the ability to do local saves via FTP.
• I mostly can view the lower resolution "clip" in the web interface. Firefox seems to fail at this regularly, Edge fails less and Chrome loads most of the time. I DID NOT do extensive testing on a per browser basis. The resolution is certainly not what I get viewing the mp4 files in the local FTP directory. Again, I could not download a single file in any of the browsers or via the Android app.
• If you want to review your clips at full resolution you may need an FTP server.
• The time lapse portion is currently unavailable as ALL downloads from the Netatmo server fail.