|Item model number||CM500-1AZNAS|
|Item Weight||1.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.3 x 8.7 x 3.9 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||6.26 x 8.74 x 3.86 inches|
NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS (16x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Max download speeds of 686Mbps, Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Certified for XFINITY. Max download speeds of 686Mbps
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more. Max download speeds of 686 Mbps
- Support Cable Internet Service plans up to 200 Mbps. Separate router required for Wi-Fi. 16x4 channel bonding. Cable Broadband Internet service: Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility. Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8, Vista®, XP, 2000, Mac OS®, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 5.0, Firefox® 2.0, Safari® 1.4, or Google Chrome™ 11.0 browsers or higher
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0. Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
- DOCSIS 3.0 CableLabs certified
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Supports IPv6
- Secure connection
- Easy installation
NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Cable Modem
Certified for Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox and more
With speeds up to 680Mbps and 16x faster than 2.0 devices, this High-Speed Cable Modem gives you speed to spare whether you are streaming or gaming.
- CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certified – Certified for Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox & more
- Ideal for Xfinity Internet Blast and Extreme Customers & Time Warner Maxx customers - up to Ultimate 300 plans (Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services)
- High-speed cable Internet access—Up to 680Mbps
- Fast web self-activation for XFINITY customers—Get connected without a service call
- Supports 16 download & 4 upload channels simultaneously for reliable Internet access even during peak hours
- Ideal for streaming HD & 4k video & gaming on multiple devices at one time
- Gigabit Ethernet port for faster access and downloads
- CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certified - certification for other cable Internet providers in process
- High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0 (CM500)
- Ethernet cable
- Quick install guide
- Power adapter
- Cable Broadband Internet Service
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4 or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
|CM400 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem||CM500 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem||CM600 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem||CM700 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem||CM400 Modem and R6700 AC1750 Modem Router||CM600 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem|
|Find the Best Solution for Your Internet Speed|
|0 - 9Mbps Download||Recommended||✓||✓||✓||Recommended||✓|
|10 - 49Mbps Download||✓||Recommended||✓||✓||Recommended||✓|
|50 - 99Mbps Download||-||-||Recommended||✓||-||Recommended|
|100+ Mbps Download||-||-||-||Recommended||-||Recommended|
|Works with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi Speed||-||-||-||-||Dual Band AC1750||Tri-band AC3000|
|Best for - Property Size||-||-||-||-||Very Small to Medium||Medium to Very Large|
|Best for - Activities||Gaming, streaming, multiple devices||Gaming, HD streaming, multiple devices||Gaming, HD streaming, multiple devices||Gaming, 4K streaming, many devices||Gaming, 4K streaming, many devices||Gaming, 4K streaming, many devices|
|Works Best with:||NETGEAR R6700 Router||NETGEAR R7000 Router||NETGEAR R7500 Router||NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System||-||-|
Compare to similar items
This item NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS (16x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Max download speeds of 686Mbps, Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Click and Save||Amazon.com||Galactics||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||8.74 x 6.26 x 3.86 in||2.5 x 8.5 x 7.8 in||16.73 x 18.9 x 12.6 in||7.17 x 9.46 x 2.05 in||7.2 x 8.78 x 3.82 in||2 x 6.4 x 8.7 in|
|Item Weight||—||1.15 lbs||2 lbs||1.17 lbs||0.62 lb||1.52 lbs|
The NETGEAR CM500 High Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet, up to 680Mbps. It is Cable Labs certified and with DOCSIS 3.0 is 16X faster than 2.0 devices. It works with U.S. cable Internet provider Comcast XFINITY & more. It is not compatible with cable bundled voice services.
Top customer reviews
So enter my new Netgear modem. My new speed tests on the 3rd floor (next to the router is about 70 to 80 down and about 15 up. On the second floor where I work (just ran a speed test as I am writing this review / See pictures attached) I am getting 63.68 down and 10.26 up; which is a HUGE improvement from using the Comcast modem.
Again my router is getting old and am looking to buy a new one soon, however the huge difference in speeds between this Netgear modem and the Comcast one are painstakingly clear. Oh and for you gamers that use a direct connection (I direct connect my Xbox one into LAN port 1) when I ran a speed test though the Xbox it showed 122 down (which is higher than I am paying for).
I have to say that I do love it but there is a few concerns. Review notes below:
-Very noticeable speed increase from Comcast Modem
-Install went quickly. Called Comcast, gave them (if I remember correctly) the MAC and serial number on the modem and I was up and running within minutes.
-My one and only major concern is how HOT it gets. I am not sure if this is normal for this modem and I still need to contact netgear about this. When I say hot; I don't mean warm to the touch, I mean borderline that I am worried the components are melting / fusing together on the inside. This is why I only give it 4 stars and not 5
Hope this review helped and I will try to answer any questions you all have.
Niggling detail: the small case screws are either deliberately stripped or use a standard I have not seen before. The foot cannot be removed.
I've been using a Netgear router for years and was happy with its quality and performance so after some research on Amazon, I decided to go with Netgear for the modem as well. Thankfully, it was a good decision; the CM700 was a cinch to set up and has worked flawlessly since then. It's great having a dependable connection again.
The set up was very easy and I didn't have to call Comcast to get the modem activated.
I connected all the cables and powered up the modem. Waited for all lights internet light to stop flashing on the modem.
Opened a web browser window and was redirected to [...]. Entered my account and phone number, waited for a bout a minute for the modem to restart and I was online.
The setup couldn't be simpler.
Did several speed test and I was getting 60/6 Mbps even though I am paying for 25/5.
Modem has locked 20 out of the 24 downstream channels and 4 of the 4 upstream channels.
Cannot wait until my two year contract expires in April to upgrade my service to at least 150 Mbps.
Would buy again. Would rather never have to call Comcast's service line again.