|National Stock Number||7050-01-565-0680|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS105NA) - Desktop, and ProSAFE Limited Lifetime Protection
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$8.00 (21%)|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.02 x 1.06 x 3.9 inches|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
|Actuator Type||Push Button|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 5 Gigabit ports
- PLUG AND PLAY: Simple set up with no software to install or configuration needed
- VERSATILE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Supports desktop or wall mount placement
- SILENT OPERATION: The fanless design means zero added noise wherever its located, making it ideal for noise sensitive environments
- PROSAFE LIFETIME PROTECTION: Covered by an industry best Lifetime Limited Hardware Warranty, Next Business Day Replacement and 24/7 chat with a NETGEAR expert
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Designed to optimize power usage lowering its cost to operate; Most models are compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode
- BUILT TO LAST: Every NETGEAR Network switch is rigorously tested for reliability, quality, and performance
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Which NETGEAR Unmanaged Switch is right for you?
NETGEAR Unmanaged Switch Advantages
Lifetime Limited Warranty: NETGEAR switches exceed the high standards required for a stable and robust network infrastructure, and are backed by an industry-leading warranty, demonstrating our commitment to quality and performance.
Designed for Whisper-Quiet Operation: Most switch models are fanless or designed to minimize fan noise to protect your business environment.
Power Saving and Energy Efficient: We care about saving energy for your business so our switches are compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode.
Plug-and-Play: No configuration necessary - perfect for small-medium businesses.
|# Gigabit Ethernet Ports||5||8||16||16||24|
|# PoE Ports|
|Mounting Options (hardware included)||Desktop or Wall||Desktop or Wall||Desktop or Wall||Rackmount or Desktop||Rackmount or Desktop|
|Lifetime Limited Warranty||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
NETGEAR Switches: Designed to meet your Business needs.
Home & Small Business
Unmanaged: Plug and play solution to connect all your network devices without the complications of configuration or management software -- yet achieve a reliable and secure network.
Smart Managed Plus: Empowers growing small businesses with basic capabilities to configure, secure, and monitor their network beyond simple connectivity at an affordable cost - an ideal upgrade from unmanaged switches.
Small & Medium Business
Smart Managed Pro: For larger organizations requiring advanced configuration and refined control for secure setup, access, and management of complex business networks. Supports the needs of edge networking and automated management of prioritized voice, video, and data traffic.
Smart Cloud: Provides fully integrated management, visibility, and control from any device, anywhere. Advanced configuration and remote access using the NETGEAR Insight app and cloud portal for unparalleled flexibility.
Fully Managed: An affordable, powerful, and future-proof networking infrastructure designed for enterprise and campus networks, with core and edge networking, and AV-over-IP solutions. Includes integrated security, high availability, delivery optimization, and enhanced manageability.
|Switch Speed||10/100M, 1G, Multi-Gig, 10G||1G, Multi-Gig, 10G||10/100M, 1G, Multi-Gig, 10G||1G||1G, Multi-Gig, 10G|
|Select Models with PoE||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Web GUI Management||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Network Control (Basic VLAN, QoS, IGMP, Link Aggregation)||16-Ports and Larger||✓||✓||✓|
|Network Security (Storm Control, Auto DoS)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced VLAN & QoS (such as: MAC, Protocol, Voice, Auto-Voice, Auto-Video VLAN)||✓||✓||✓|
|L3 Static Routing, IPv6 Support||Select Models||✓||✓|
|Remote Monitoring and Management Through Insight App or Cloud Portal||Select Models||✓|
Compare with similar items
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS305) - Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Plug-and-Play, Fanless Metal Housing, Desktop or Wall Mount
TP-Link - TL-SG105 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch - Ethernet Splitter | Plug & Play | Fanless | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged | Limited Lifetime Protection(TL-SG105) Black
TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch - Ethernet Splitter | Plug & Play | Fanless | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged | Limited Lifetime Protection (TL-SG108)
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch, Desktop, 10/100/1000Mbps (GS205)
Linksys LGS105 Business 5-Port Desktop Gigabit Ethernet Network Unmanaged Switch I Metal Enclosure,Black/Blue
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Venture Products|
|Data Transfer Rate||1000 Mb per second||—||1000 Mb per second||1000 Mb per second||1000 Mb per second||1000 MB per second|
|Item Dimensions||4.02 x 1.06 x 3.90 inches||3.70 x 1.10 x 4.00 inches||3.90 x 3.90 x 1.00 inches||6.22 x 3.94 x 0.98 inches||9.25 x 5.51 x 2.40 inches||2.95 x 4.72 x 0.98 inches|
|Item Weight||1.08 lbs||0.53 lbs||7.76 ounces||0.86 lbs||4.23 ounces||0.54 lbs|
|Number of Ports||5||5||5||8||5||5|
|Size||5 port||0.24 kg (0.53 lb)||5 Port||8 Port||05 Port||5-Port|
|Wattage||3.5 watts||—||2.43 watts||4.5 watts||3.56 watts||2.22 watts|
The NETGEAR GS105NA Unmanaged Desktop Switch features 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection and more.
NETGEAR's GS100 series desktop switches are housed in a compact sturdy metal case designed without the need for internal fans, keeping operation both silent and more reliable. It can be placed on a flat surface or you can use the included wall mount kit to hide it away on the wall.
Simple Setup and Stellar Performance
Plug in your Ethernet cables and connect a power cord, and you're ready to go. There is no software to install or settings to configure. The switch features auto-sensing ports which automatically obtains the fastest possible connection. There are no toggle switches or special crossover cables. The switch will honor priority tags at both the Layer 2 and Layer 3 level if you have your network set to support jumbo frames.
Every port supports up to 2000 Mbps in dedicated bandwidth. Automatic flow control ensures smooth traffic. There is a queue buffer memory of 12 kbytes per port and a MAC address database size of 4,000. The switch has status LEDs for power, and link, speed, and activity for each port.
The NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch has a Mean Time Between Failure of 91,500 hours and is backed by a lifetime warranty. The power adapter is backed by a 2-year warranty.
What's in the Box
GS105 Desktop Switch, wall-mount kit, power adapter, installation guide, warranty/support information card.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a.basic Ethernet switch it does what you'd expect. Plug it in, connect network devices, and go. No problems.
There are a few things to be aware of/
1. This switch runs some management software and has a default password. If you know that password, you can change switch configuration from any device connected to any port. There's even a handy utility to help you find these switches on a network. Moral of story: change the password if you don't want folks messing with your switch.
2 the web management interface is accessible from any port on the switch, regardless of VLAN configuration. If this switch is connected to an open internet connection, you run the risk of having people on the internet manage your switch. There's no settings to limit IP address ranges for management or to restrict management access by port or VLAN.
3. The web management function cannot be turned off, and it appears to only work using non-secure HTTP. This functionality can't be turned off, so pick a really, really good password, and make sure no one can see your management traffic.
4. It's called an unmanaged switch since it doesn't offer SNMP support; you can still configure Link Aggregation, VLANs, some traffic shaping etc through the web interface. No L3 switching of any kind; VLAN support is kinda odd to configure but it does work. You can't see MAC maps or any spanning tree information.
5. Configuring VLANs was confusing; there are different modes and the ineffable is not obvious. I finally ended up using the 892.1Q Advanced mode; that was the only way I could find to get both "I tagged" ports with default VLAN assignments (so I can stick any piece of gear on and it's intagged reaffirmed ends up in the VLAN I want it in) and tagged ports (so I can trunk between switches and use servers which can tag traffic). The configuration spans about three screens and is confusing, but it does work, offers access to 4096 VLAN IDs, and interior rates with other gear flawlessly.
6. Link Aggreation works, but it's not easy to configure. Be aware that you're limited to 8 aggregation groups, so it's not possible to aggregate 12 dual-link connections on this model.
7. Check your firmware. Mine did not have the latest version out of the box. Upgrades through the web interface were fairly straightforward.
With 2 four port link group and 4 link groups of 2 ports, several VLANs and using jumbo frames, the throughout is quite impressive for a switch this inexpensive. I could push north of 3Gb/s on the four port link groups while pushing over 1.5Gb/s on the dual link groups at the same time, which is as much traffic as I could reasonably generate. Impressive for under two hundred bucks.
I thought paying a little more for this GS108 would ensure good performance but I was mistaken. I have a Ubiquiti Unifi 8 switch on the way to replace it at twice the cost. I'd recommend going with a $25 switch to save money, or pay more if you want true 1000 Mbps throughput.
I have had great luck with these switches. I did have one fail after 10 years and I called the company and I was sent a replacement at no charge and it arrived within 2 days. Since then I have purchased two more as spares and for expansion into our finished basement.
I will only purchase Netgear switches based on the product quality, performance and great customer support I have seen. They stand behind their lifetime warranty and because of that I am a loyal customer. This is a very reliable company and they stand behind their company's products with a first class warranty! It is installed as a network hub in my basement and it is working fine. Great quality product. I highly recommend this unit. I like that these hubs are no maintenance and they are plug and play. They work well and last without any issues. Top quality with good support and a great warranty! What I like is that they work so well you almost forget about them being in your network system.
Why buy a second class product when you can have a top quality product at a great price and with the best warranty around? My past experience with this product has proven to me that it is superior quality with excellent product support.
I have purchased more of these units for use in my home as I like the quality and customer support.
It is nice knowing that this is a reliable high-tech supplier that stands behind their product.
Top reviews from other countries
Only thing I dont like is the power cord at the back of the switch but that is a minor issue. Would buy again. My router and switches are all netgear.
Reviewed in Canada on November 25, 2020