Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Arlo Baby by NETGEAR Smart HD Baby Monitor and Cam..." and save 24% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Arlo Baby by NETGEAR Smart HD Baby Monitor and Camera | Two-way Audio | Night Vision | Temperature & Air Quality Sensors | Music Player | Night Light (ABC1000)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p HD Quality – View live or recorded videos in excellent detail and rich color
- 2-Way Talk – Comfort and talk to your baby from anywhere, whether you’re at the office or in the living room
- Advanced Night Vision – Near-invisible infrared LEDs lets you see your baby clearly, even in the dark
- Instant Smart Alerts – Get motion, sound, and air quality notifications sent to your smartphone
- Free 7-day Cloud Storage – Review, download and share recorded moments
- Control remotely– Multi-colored night light, music player, temperature, humidity & VOCs air sensors
- Built-in rechargeable battery – Go untethered from a power source for up to 6 hours (up to 3 hours with night vision active) to go where your baby goes
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||4.37 x 7.68 x 9.21 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.75 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
Arlo Baby is an all-in-one smart baby monitoring camera designed with you and your baby in mind. Get a good night sleep and peace-of-mind knowing you’ll never miss a moment. Arlo Baby provides you with live monitoring and smart alerts right on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, anytime, anywhere. It’s the next best thing to being there. Versatile and elegant mounting options on wall or table provide optimal view into baby’s sleeping or play area. Never miss a moment with 7 free days of rolling cloud recordings. Loaded with smart home security features, Arlo Baby goes beyond just a baby monitor to keep the whole family safe.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I liked my Arlo Pros, so decided to give Arlo Baby a shot. I pre-ordered it, but after reading the first few reviews, I almost returned it, as many people hate it.
I finally unpacked it and tested. And, to my pleasant surprise, it's not bad at all!
- excellent picture quality, especially at night
- delay on the same wifi is ~1 seconds for me (using 1080p), which is really good, and much better than other Arlo cameras (note: I'm using an Android app and a 5GHz wifi)
- sensors are more fun than I expected, especially as they keep the history - nice to see how the temperature changed over time
- adjustable viewing angle, not present in Arlo Pro cameras - nice, even if manual
- free cloud video storage, with decent paid options
- ability to play music, with surprisingly decent music quality
- the light turns out to be quite useful, as one can configure the temperature/brightness of it, so it's a decent night light
- good, simple installation and long cables
- battery support
- great manual
SO-SO / MINOR stuff:
- in "always listen" mode, clicking the notification should take me directly to the camera, but it doesn't
- the alerts are not customized to a baby monitor, they are just like regular security camera alerts. E.g. there's no cry detection or any form of additional visual/sound cue on movement/sound
- very little memory for music - 20MB in 2017, really?
- while "Continuous Recording" is a paid option (which I can uderstand), it would be nice to be able to have a periodic snapshot/photo option, to quickly see what's the reasonably recent state. E.g. if one expects a package, going into the live mode is an overkill - if I could see the state within the last hour, that would be enough.
- takes waaay too long to see the picture: ~5-15 seconds from starting the app to seeing the picture, partially because one needs to click. Would be nice if one could configure it to go the video immediately
- no ability to add time indicator on the recordings / UI (it's not a big problem for Arlo Baby, but a terrible omission for any security camera)
- no ability to save to local storage, unlike other Arlo cameras (!)
- no ability to integrate with Arlo Pro system - e.g. using Arlo Pro's base station for recording
- no ability to play your own music
- the "modes" you set up are separate for this camera and other Arlo cameras. Why oh why can't I have one mode for all my cameras?
- not being able to record infinitely long movies
- opening an app on one device logs you out on another, if you're using the same account. Super annoying. A workaround is to create another account and grant access to it.
- very significant delay if NOT on the same network (~10 seconds for me)
Overall, it seems to be very much like Arlo Q with a few add-ons. Is it worth extra $100? That depends. You get a few things, you lose some (mostly local storage).
I couldn't decide between 3 and 4 stars. But today I received an email from Netgear explaining what they are doing to improve the situation, which was a very nice, customer-friendly approach. And it suggests things should get better.
For that, giving 4 stars.
UPDATE 1 - since the original review, thanks to Netgear's improvements
- FIXED: the "always listen" mode was very flaky, an update fixed that
- IMPROVED: delay on same wifi was ~2 seconds, now it's usually ~1 second!
UPDATE 2 - Aug 19, 2017
★★★ It's been a while, and I have to drop it from 4 to 3 stars:
- I'm not sure if it was always there, but I recently noticed the camera keeps disconnecting after some time. It's super annoying, esp. since if someone's not looking at the screen, there's no audible indication this is happening. Perhaps it's related to the "HOME" connectivity (I see "home" icon), but it doesn't matter.
- I realized that in fact it is NOT possible to upload your own music to Arlo Baby (my original review assumed it's possible)
- I realized it's not possible to see the time indicator in the recordings, which is a terrible omission for any security camera
UPDATE 3 - Oct 02, 2017
The disconnects are driving us crazy. I have to reduce the score from 3 to 2 stars.
- pretty much on the clock, every 30 minutes the camera disconnects. Actually, all Arlo cameras disconnect. This happens both on on my mobile and tablet (Android) as well as in a Chrome web browser.
- restarting the app fixes it - so it's not a camera issue
- there are many users complaining about it, and Netgear is pretty quiet. I even saw someone mentioning a class action lawsuit!
- I went to the lengths of collecting my network logs and sharing with Netgear, pointing out how some network traffic directly correlated to the disconnect. Very little response so far.
★★ As such, I have to reduce my score to 2 stars.
UPDATE 4 - Nov 7, 2017
Netgear recently updated the software, and disconnects are mostly gone. I occassionaly get some disconnect, but it's super rare now.
We also started using it as a night light, and it proved itself quite useful there.
★★★ Some other major issues are still not fixed, but it now definitely deserves the 3 stars back.
Amazing and very beneficial features (night light, music player, climate and air quality notifications, wireless when needed)
If Netgear can figure out this issue, this will be the perfect baby monitor
1) The app sometimes hang when you try to connect to the camera to do a live stream. You would have to reset the app a few times to get it to work
2) Once you do connect, there is about a 3 second delay when viewing it live stream. It's not a bad thing, just a bit annoying when you go check on a crying baby just to find they went back to sleep, but you woke them up when you opened the door
Other then those downsides. The camera is worth it and highly recommend it to all
The microphone picks up sounds in the room very well.
We have also used the motion and audio alerts and they both seem to work very well.
The only down side would be that the price is a little high but overall a very nice item.