BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

16,752
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,115 reviews(Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router). See all 16,752 reviews
on September 27, 2017
I bought this fancy new router as an upgrade to my cheap Netgear that I've had for around 5 years now. I only ended up using it for 24 hours. Within that period the router would completely seize up and drop the WiFi signal. All of my devices would disconnect and the lights on the router would be all on solid (not flashing like they were sending or receiving data). I called Netgear support twice, they had me reset the router by unplugging it. The router would not even respond to the Reset button being held in. Netgear deemed the router to be defective and sent me an RMA for a new one but I would have to pay to ship the defective one back to them, THEN they would send a new one out to me. What's a couple of weeks without WiFi, right? I would not recommend this router.... tries to be too fancy and can't do the most simple thing- broadcast WiFi. Of course Amazon customer service was fantastic and UPS came the next day to pick up the defective router. WAY TO GO AMAZON, boo Netgear.
on June 26, 2017
SUPER EASY SETUP WITH NETGEAR UP on my android galaxy7. Set up and running full steam in 15 min.
My poor old linksys (RIP).. had it forever like 8 years.. it was my first wifi router and was adequate.
So far this Netgear Nighthawk is a beast compared to what i had. The set up was far superior and smooth transition was little effort on my part.. It picked up all the info.. I allowed the update to load first and selected name and passcode and a few moments later.... TADA ! DONE ! I am certain i will be impressed with the other functions just based on how fast the phone reacted.. movies games etc should be much better. Lets see how long this router lasts eh..
Long live the beast..
Very Happy with this mid range purchase so far.
Thank you !
😁
on September 15, 2017
If you play games online DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!!!! It will seem fine at first but after a week or two, the router will disconnect your computer at random times, which for online games, is a big problem. Check the internet for a solution you say? Well no one seems to know what is actually wrong with this model, and appearently this disconnecting issue has been going on for over a year and still hasn't been solved by Netgear, because they have your money, they don't care.
on July 26, 2017
Main issues were access via DIRECT LAn connection to unit. It was not easy to get to. We could connect wirelessly through their App, but that wouldn't let us update f/w. That procedure took hours (even after downloading it from their network). I asked for help twice, and they made me change lots of settings, but nothing seemed to work, so I gave up.

it works fine and has a fairly good range - much better than the substandard one we were using from Comcast (which was a combined modem & WiFi router). Still having issues connecting a separate WiFi router in another part of the house to be on the same network as this, but maybe it's an issue with the other router.

Not a bad price and fairly good performance.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2017
Bought this as a replacement for one of the most highly rated routers from a little less than 2 years ago. Range throughout the house has been significantly improved. Was having to use a range extender previously for upstairs access to WiFi, but no longer. Setup is straightforward, and shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with more than a basic understanding of computers. This is kept in a downstairs pantry, and signal upstairs is strong and fast with wonderfully improved range and speed for upload and download throughout the house. Love having dual-band, as 5ghz is fast and stable, but 2.5ghz still needed for some of my older components and electronics. Hope to not have to, but would gladly purchase again.
on May 20, 2017
Dual Band (5 and 2.4g) plus a guest 2.4 band so it really creates 3 wifi options to divide your wireless devices appropriately. My printer only uses 2.4, for my laptop and smartphone I like the 5g... separating my printer's 2.4 band from guest use is a nice addition to last year's offerings. Paired mine with Netgear's CM700 Cable modem at a package price that beat any other option. Rated most popular for a reason. Quality and ease of use.
on May 28, 2017
Excellent product. I have been using the AC1750 since May 1st with no problems. It is really fast since I have good speed from the internet provider. I really like that it can handle so many different devices at one time. My older NETGEAR router would cut out when the grandchildren, my wife and I were using our phones, TVs, and tablets. I have the same problem at my Texas home and will be purchasing this router when I get back in September. I have always used NETGEAR routers and have not had issues with the routers.
on April 25, 2017
Love this router!!!!! There's a reason its the # 1 selling router on amazon.

Between all the smart TV's laptops, phones, tablets, firesticks, etc i prob have over a dozen wifi devices connected all with no issues. Prior to this, was using the modem/router with the ISP and it just couldnt handle that many devices at one time, would drop connections, and also didn't have nearly the range as this baby. This netgear router covers our whole 2,000 sq two story town home without having to use a repeater or extender. Also, i do a lot of online FPS PC gaming on the wired connection, while others are streaming videos etc via wifi, and this can handle all that traffic at the same time.

If you never want to see a message about buffering a netflix video again, get this router!
As for speed and features, the product is very good but it has one major flaw. It repeatedly disconnects from the internet. I have joined the Netgear support forum and found that this is a common problem. The suggestions to update firmware and cables have all been done but the problem still comes back and we need to power on and off the unit as frequently as every day. Sadly, my hope that it would be fixed by Netgear with yet another new firmware does not seem to be coming. As a result, I waited too long and now cannot return the product. I will most likely purchase another router from a different manufacturer and lose my investment in this one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2017
Had this Nighthawk AC1750 for exactly 8 months: and today, it just died on me. To be precise, the WAN connection died.. so while the wifi works great, I cannot connect this router to my cable modem anymore. I cannot believe how bad the router build is.

What's the NetGear warranty on this router? I called/emailed but couldn't get to anyone who could answer my simple question about warranty.

While it worked, it was great! I kept up with firmware upgrades, but ultimately, i cannot believe the wan/ethernet setup died