Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

13,883
Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router|Change

Showing 1-10 of 705 reviews(Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router). See all 13,883 reviews
on December 21, 2015
Bought one of these and had lots of problems. Inconsistent/intermittent failures, lag issues, packet loss, jitter. Under load, the wireless radio would shut off for a few seconds and then come back. All of this caused problems for online gaming and for streaming. Netgear support wasn't very helpful (spent about 2 hours on the phone with them over multiple calls).
on May 11, 2017
Replaced an older Apple Airport Extreme. That router was dual band and I used two additional Airport Express routers to extend the network. The Nighthawk unit replaced all three of those devices.

My internal network speed tested using LAN Speed across my home (through walls) test was:
9 mb/s on the 2.4 Ghz Airport Extreme.
30 mb/s on the 5 Ghz Airport Extreme.

35 mb/s on the 2.4 Ghz Nighthawk
105 mb/s on the 5 Ghz Nighthawk.

As you can see, a large speed increase. My Internet speed is a symmetrical 10 Mb/s. However, I do run a home PLEX server. unbeknownst to me, my internal network was not fast enough to support the highest bitrate from my PLEX server and running a stream from the PLEX server would cut into the Internet speed as my home network was not fast enough to support both the Internet and internal network traffic simultaneously.

The 5 Ghz network is also strong enough to reach all the corners of my house. I have the roughly 12 devices organized so that the video streaming devices like the Roku boxes and the Xbox operate on the 5 Ghz network and the web browsing devices operate on the 2.4 Ghz devices as they do not need the fastest speeds. I also utilize the QoS to prioritize devices on the network. Streaming devices take priority in order to cut down on buffering, browsing devices are set to normal so that they don't hinder streaming, yet don't get cut off from the internet either.
on April 29, 2017
When I realized that I needed a new router, I tried to pinch pennies and went with a much cheaper off brand of router. That was a huge mistake and cost me days worth of work with my home business. I returned the router and decided to go with this one, which I believe is sort of mid-range for the Netgear routers. I am VERY happy with this purchase! This router was worth every penny and gives me the speed and network control I was looking for- and then some! I still have not tapped into all of the features that this router offers, but I plan to do so in the future. DO NOT buy a knock off router, it will only end with you being very frustrated and then buying one like this anyway. Trust me, this is a great product, and you won't be disappointed!
on May 4, 2017
Unit was defective. Netgear support 2 hours. Was told to return and was given a case number. Things happen sometimes. What bothered me was that I asked if they could log in to my pc and was told I had to pay for premium support. Had internet but only 2 devices could connect at a time. I decided not to risk it again. I think My case is not the norm. I have experience with routers and DOA just is a small percentage.
on March 26, 2017
We live in an apartment and have Cox Cable and only got the "preferred" internet since its right in the middle of their choices. We have two cellphones, tablet, two computers, two smart tvs, xbox one, and a couple other gaming systems all connected to our internet. The most that we use at once is maybe the Netflix or game streaming, our phones, and our laptops at once, but we've had NO problems with speed or connection. Cox set up our nighthawk for us and he even complimented the simplicity of using Netgear products and showed us quickly how he did it. I would definitely recommend buying this Modem/router! WAY better then renting one from Cox for $9.99/mo when this pays for itself in one year and it WAY better quality according to the person who installed our cable/internet!
on April 26, 2017
I bought this router because it was pretty cheap (around $80 on sale). It's an upgrade from my Netgear N750 as the signal is noticeably stronger, however I did not notice any speed difference although it's supposed to be twice as fast (my wifi adapter is an AC1900).The setup software is the same as the N750 so I was used to it, it's not the worst out there but it's not very good either and looks like a 12 year old designed it 10 years ago. If cost does not matter too much I would definitely go with a Synology AC1900 or the new AC2600 instead. I own two Synology NAS's and their OS software and applications are second to none. If you own a nice piece of hardware but the software to control it is poorly designed, it's is like buying a new Ferrari engine and fitting it in a 2000 Chevy Cruz.
on May 4, 2017
Wanted to really like this router. Has ll the right features and price was with $20 coupon was right there. The packaging seemed not matching the instructions and called Netgear. They said missing antenna caps is not expected for new router. Called Amazon for notifying and asking them to check. I was promised the stock will be pulled and clarified with Netgear. I don't see that happen.

Got a replacement from Amazon and to my surprise same thing. With Amazon assurance that I could return if not working fine, tried to set the router up. Had troubles getting DHCP from cable modem. Had to try different settings for using Default MAC/Specific MAC and eventually using Specific MAC seemed to retain the Internet connectivity.

Genie Mobile App is nice, but if you use access control, it applies to Guest network even if you say guest has only Internet access. So have to go back to a computer to change and add each guest that you want to allow....Defeats the purpose if guest access to be easy.

Major issue I see is the OpenVPN setup, which ends up creating client profiles with missing Router Dynamic DNS host name or the WAN IP address. Have spent hours with Netgear support and they cannot seem to even understand the problem. Community forum is better but no avail.

Positive side the wireless range seems to be good and the connectivity coverage is improved, but state features like OpenVPN and terrible support is worrisome.

If i see no resolution to the OpenVPN issue, will return the router and look for something else.
on May 12, 2017
So far so good. The price was right and I used the $20 coupon so total price was $95.61 (be ready for this to take up some space as it's a good size). This is an older Nighthawk model that does not use the Gear Up app. You have to use the Netgear Genie. I was up and running with a few hiccups in 20 mins (this included 7 mins for the router to download the latest firmware. I was able to setup the device through my phone. I then used the Netgear Genie app to change passwords. Time will tell, but this router is definitely faster than my Almond 300mbps I replaced it with. I bought the Almond here on Amazon and it just stopped working after a little over a year. I'm hoping this one will work for quite a while.
on May 3, 2017
It was finally time to upgrade from my 13 year old Linksys WRT54G which still works without issue mind you. I had expected improved wireless performance going from G to AC, but the level of improvement with not only wireless but wired speed is astounding to put it mildly. My wired speed increased by over 4x and my wireless by nearly 6x, it's literally a game changer in my home. I'm getting well beyond the speed I'm paying for, I had no idea the old Linksys could have been holding me back that much. Setup was simple and I was able to update to the latest firmware within a few minutes. No issues whatsoever with connections, and the range is fantastic as I'm keeping 100% quality connection in my backyard and even inside my detached garage. I was hesitant to drop nearly $100 on a new router but as of right now I'm completely happy with my purchase, and I've recommended it to multiple family members. If any issues ever arise I will update this review.
on April 12, 2017
It looks like a spaceship, so you can play that up by putting little alien figurines around it as if they just disembarked from it. Those are sold separately.

It seems there is a reason this the #1 best seller on Amazon. My prior routers ( An ancient WRT54G and an older Netgear model ) both left my house with dead spots around the edges for wifi, occasional dropped connections, and the streaming video that was recorded from my 6 security cameras was sometimes dropped or only had every few seconds shown. With this router the whole house is blanketed with high power wifi. I turned off my extender for the garage section of the house because I don't need it anymore. The difference in strength and signal propagation is incredible. I walked the property using a signal meter on my phone and compared it to the previous ones. AMAZING! Finally my cameras all stay connected and display the full framerate.