Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

15,365
Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,200 reviews(Capacity: AC1750|Model: Router). See all 15,365 reviews
on December 21, 2015
Bought one of these and had lots of problems. Inconsistent/intermittent failures, lag issues, packet loss, jitter. Under load, the wireless radio would shut off for a few seconds and then come back. All of this caused problems for online gaming and for streaming. Netgear support wasn't very helpful (spent about 2 hours on the phone with them over multiple calls).
on July 19, 2017
The router itself works fine - my beef's with Netgear's offshore tech support team (which, if used, is an integral part of the product experience).

I tried configuring the router using my phone (instructions clearly say "...on your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device") but no luck after three attempts.

I called Netgear tech support and after listening to several seconds of commotion (did I interrupt a party?), a guy finally answers the phone. As I finish explaining the problem, we get disconnected. Ever thought of taking down a customer's number first to call back in case this happens?

I called again and the new guy tells me to use my laptop instead of the phone. Fair enough, even though their instructions say a mobile device can be used. I'm on my laptop and he tells me to physically connect the cable from the router to my laptop. Um, excuse me? My equipment is inside an audio cabinet and the wiring is not easily accessible. I ask him why the instructions clearly say this can be done over WiFi instead of needing a physical connection. He tells me if I'm not going to listen to him, I'll have to figure it out myself and then HANGS UP on me.

As a professional services manager, I'm appalled by his lack of business etiquette. As a former engineer, I'm appalled by his incompetence. If you don't know the answer to my question, there's no shame in asking your peers or Tier 2 of your support team.

Wishing you a better experience than mine...

Ajay
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2017
I purchased this and the Netgear CM600. My router is sitting literary 10 ft away from my playstation. This router does NOT work with Playstation 4 (PS4). My COD keeps lagging. Ive contacted Netgear, my ISP (RCN), and even Sony and they cannot figure out why. After spending a week and a half on trying to get this thing to work, I tried to plug in my old router Netgear router and low and behold, my game stopped lagging! All Netgear wants to do is, replace this modem with the same one. Why would I want to have it replaced with another router that doesn't work?? Beyond ticked off! I will not be spending anymore money on your crappy products, Netgear.
on June 5, 2017
R6700v2 with firmware: V1.1.0.34_1.0.1

Pros: Wireless signal is strong. Throughput is great. Has a guest wireless ssid, but no details on QoS or rate-limiting. The Genie app is also nice for what it provides.

Cons: Parental controls are a joke. Parental controls also seem to impact DNS, which make web sites appear slow/unresponsive. Parental controls basically use OpenDNS to assign up to approx. 60 labels (ie. adult, social, etc) to a web site/domain. Each device on the network can be assigned one of 6 levels (high=no adult/no social/etc, medium, low, phishing protection, none, custom), and the "default settings" can assign different levels based on time of day. However, there is no way to assign a time based schedule of levels to specific devices (ie. there is no way to block social/time-wasting sites at night for your childrens' devices). Perhaps a future version of firmware will allow a time-based schedule of levels to be assigned per device, but I was obviously surprised and disappointed this gap.
on May 10, 2017
Typos further corrected version follows, also revisions for clarity:

This router may work well for you, but I ran into unexpected problems. On the positive side, set up was very easy and the speed of my wireless connection was very fast, which is what I was looking to improve. I was also looking for a dual band at least, and for four ethernet ports, so this model seemed right for me.

However, while both of my printers (HP desk jet and Dell monochrome laser) would initially connect, they would go off-line after five or 10 minutes, and have to be reinstalled. I could guess that they were going off-line when they go into sleep mode, but there is no way I could find to turn off sleep mode entirely, and I never had this problem with my Apple router-the printers were just wake up and print. I searched online and found other people with the same printer problem, although the posts were quite dated.

At the suggestion of technical support, I assigned the printers fixed IP addresses, but it did not solve the problem. Also, when reinstalling, some of my computers would randomly be unable to find the printers on the network. Finally, while it appears that air print is supported, the set up involves first hooking up the printer via USB and installation of some software on your computer, which I never had to do using my Apple AirPort Extreme and the same printers.

Reaching technical support was also problematic. When I first opened a ticket for my 90 days of complementary support, I got through quickly on the phone. The next day, when I called to further work on the problem, I was either cut off each time the system try to transfer my call, except once when I got through, and the technician said she couldn't hear me and hung up. I ended up using the chat function, which was a lot more difficult, and frustrating when I was told that only the telephone support people could call me back, that they could not.

As everyone's set up is unique, I can only share my personal experience. Your experience may be better. Again, speed was outstanding!
on June 3, 2017
I have had this router for a little over a month now. My initial impressions were fantastic. I pay for 50mbs internet and my wifi speedtest was showing 65 mbs dl/ 5mbs ul. I have comast so these numbers were pretty much identical to my ethernet connection on my desktop. I have a railroad style apartment with this router in the final bedroom and the signal stays strong through my living room and kitchen all the way across to my bathroom. There I sometimes see a reduction in signal by one bar.

I loved it for the first few days and then I realized that this router needs to be rest constantly. Annoying is an understatement. I have no clue why but either the ethernet connection just fails to wake up with my computer or the wifi just stops working every other day or so. I constantly find myself sitting at my desktop resetting my router. I did not have this issue with any previous wifi adapter or router used with this PC so no, it is not my rig. I got it on sale for $85 so I am not too disappointed. If I had paid full price this would have dipped to 2 star territory.
on March 6, 2017
Bought this in preparation for pulling the plug on cable and subscribing to Playstation Vue or another OTT provider. Needed better signal strength and range than Netgear WNR2020 (great router by the way). Good range on this router. Both 2.4ghz and 5ghz reach all parts of a two story plaster walled house where router is on the 2nd floor and is not in the center of that floor. Having some interference problems with WiFi Direct Roku (connecting wirelessly) and remote in one part of the house with both frequency's enabled. Still looking into that. The downloadable NetGear Genie app apparently does not play well at all with Windows 10 so I use the browser version which is fine. Otherwise, strong signal, good coverage and the excellent NetGear Genie browser app make this a pretty good choice.NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
on July 9, 2017
We needed a new router as our old model would often drop the wifi connection, not all the time but enough to get annoying. I checked the reviews and went with the r6700v2. When we were installing the router we got a message to upgrade the router, which we did. After setup the connection was great, initially, then after a few days the wifi started to drop. It was dropping to the point that nobody could access wifi and my husband (who works from home) had to connect directly to the router so that he wouldn't lose the connection. According to the lights on the router, everything looked great and our devices looked like we should have wifi but unfortunately it just wouldn't work. We went onto the Netgear Community forum to try to troubleshoot the issue, which appears to be a pretty common issue with the new upgrade. We tried the suggested fixes only to have the issue continue. So we unhooked the new router and contacted amazon to return and have setup our old router again which we plan on replacing. Oddly the old router now seems pretty darn awesome compared to this one. One thing to note which I thought was odd, this router was delivered to our front door in it's box, not contained within an amazon box.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2017
I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed with this router. The wireless speeds aren't noticeable better than they were with my previous N router, and the range is only slightly farther. I have it in exactly the same spot as my previous router, and I still experienced spotty connection in the front room, about 100ft away. I have to admit it was slightly better than my old router was capable of, but not by much, and not nearly good enough. I paired this with a Nighthawk AC1900 Range Extender though, and my connection issuses have disappeared. One major plus for this router is the incredible ease of setup. It has a very intelligent wizard that analyzes your existing network and advises you how to set up your new router, as well as working seamlessly with the range extender.
on March 29, 2017
Easy to set up, plugged into current modem/wireless router. The previous builtin router failed on my modem. Plugged the Netgear into my modem and followed the included instructions (very straight forward, 10 minutes tops). Puts out dual wireless signal networks (one 2.4Ghz and one at 5GHz). Works well for condo living where lots of wireless networks can interfere. Side note: For Apt/Condo living, use android app Wifi Analyzer to help identify a less crowed channel for your network. Some people think they have a crud router when all you have to do is just switch to a less congested channel.