|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R6700) - AC1750 Wireless Speed (up to 1750 Mbps) | Up to 1500 sq ft Coverage & 25 Devices | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 1 x 3.0 USB ports | Armor Security
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1500 square feet wireless coverage with AC1750 speed (Dual band up to 450 plus 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
There is a newer model of this item:
Only 4 left in stock - order soon.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Better Wi-Fi? We’ve got you covered.
Up to 1,500 sq. ft of powerful WiFi coverage
Easily upgrade your Wi-Fi experience and coverage with the Nighthawk R6700. Range-boosting Beamforming+ antennas and Dual Band streaming deliver fast, reliable Wi-Fi to every corner of your home.
Built for Serious Streaming
Up to 1750Mbps wireless speed for demanding activities like HD streaming and online gaming.
Seamless WiFi for up to 25 Devices
Intelligently selects between dual bands to minimize interference and maximize speed for your many smart wireless devices.
NETGEAR Armor Advanced Threat Protection
Stop paying for multiple anti-virus subscriptions. NETGEAR Armor multi-layer security software resides in your router to protect all your connected smart devices, smartphones and computers with anti-virus, anti-malware, and data theft protection.
Circle Smart Parental Control
The Circle App lets you easily manage internet content access and device screen time. Use the app to set usage time limits, device schedules, filter websites and more for every connected device in your home.
Easy 5-Minute Setup with App
The Nighthawk App makes it a snap to set up your router. Just connect your internet Ethernet cable to the router and the app will walk you through simple setup steps. Connect your devices to the network and you’re done.
Four High-Speed 1G Wired Connections
Gigabit Ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, game box and other devices. One USB port lets you share a storage drive or printer across your network.
|WiFi Speed||AC1750 (Up to 1750Mbps)||AC1900 (Up to 1900Mbps)||AC2300 (Up to 2300 Mbps)||AC2600 (Up to 2600Mbps)||AC3200 (Up to 3200Mbps)|
|WiFi Coverage||Up to 1500 sq ft||Up to 1800 sq ft||Up to 2000 sq ft||Up to 2500 sq ft||Up to 3500 sq ft|
|Recommended # of Devices||Up to 25||Up to 30||Up to 35||Up to 45||Up to 50|
|Wired Ethernet Ports||4 x 1G||4 x 1G||4 x 1G||4 x 1G||4 x 1G|
|USB ports - For Shared Storage/Printer||1 x 3.0||1 x 3.0||1 x 3.0, 1 x 2.0||2 x 3.0, 1 x eSATA||1 x 3.0, 1 x 2.0|
|Parental Controls (schedule device access, etc)||Circle App||Circle App||Circle App||Basic controls||Circle App|
|Network Security||WPA2, DoS, Double Firewall||WPA2, DoS, Double Firewall||WPA2, DoS, Double Firewall||WPA2, DoS, Double Firewall||WPA2, DoS, Double Firewall|
|NETGEAR Armor Cyber-threat Protection (anti-virus, unlimited devices, and more)||30 day free trial, then 69.99/year||30 day free trial, then 69.99/year||30 day free trial, then 69.99/year||30 day free trial, then 69.99/year|
|Advanced Technology||Dual Band, Beamforming+||Dual Band, MU-MIMO, Beamforming+, Smart Connect||Dual Band, MU-MIMO, Beamforming+, Smart Connect||Dual Band, MU-MIMO, Beamforming+||Tri-Band, Beamforming+, Smart Connect|
|Additional Features||Personal Cloud Storage, VPN, Guest WiFi Secure Access||Personal Cloud Storage, VPN, Guest WiFi Secure Access, Amazon Alexa Voice Control||Personal Cloud Storage, VPN, Guest WiFi Secure Access, Amazon Alexa Voice Control||Personal Cloud Storage, VPN, Guest WiFi Secure Access, Amazon Alexa Voice Control||Personal Cloud Storage, VPN, Guest WiFi Secure Access, Amazon Alexa Voice Control|
Compare with similar items
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control and QoS
TP-Link AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A9) - High Speed MU-MIMO Wireless Router, Dual Band, Gigabit, VPN Server, Beamforming, Smart Connect, Works with Alexa, Black
TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router (Archer A6) - 5GHz Gigabit Dual Band MU-MIMO Wireless Internet Router, Supports Beamforming, Guest WiFi and AP mode, Long Range Coverage by 4 Antennas
Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router for Home (Max-Stream AC1900 MU-Mimo Fast Wireless Router)
ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual-Band WiFi Router, AiProtection Lifetime Security by Trend Micro, AiMesh Compatible for Mesh WiFi System
|Connectivity Technology||WiFi||Wi-Fi Built In||Wi-Fi Built In, Ethernet, USB||Wi-Fi Built In, Ethernet||WiFi^Ethernet||usb 2, usb 3|
|Data Transfer Rate||1300 Mb per second||1750 Mb per second||1900 Mb per second||1200 Mb per second||1900 Mb per second||1750 Mb per second|
|Frequency Bands Supported||Dual-Band||Dual-Band||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||Dual-Band||Dual-Band|
|Item Dimensions||11.22 x 7.20 x 2.44 inches||9.59 x 6.32 x 1.29 inches||9.59 x 7.34 x 1.29 inches||9.05 x 5.68 x 1.45 inches||10.03 x 7.25 x 2.19 inches||5.80 x 1.70 x 8.50 inches|
|Item Weight||1.58 lbs||0.93 lbs||2.10 lbs||—||2.05 lbs||1.40 lbs|
|Total Ethernet Ports||5||4||5||5||5||5|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11ac||802.11ac||802.11ac, 802.11b, 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11a||802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11a, 802.11b||802.11ac||802.11ac|
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router delivers extreme Wi-Fi speed for gaming up to 1750Mbps. The Dual Core 1GHz processor boosts wireless & wired performance. High-powered amplifiers and external antennas increase range for whole-home mobility, while Beamforming+ boosts speed for mobile devices, up to 100% faster.
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, Netgear decided to dramatically change the internal components and then still sell it under the same name (R6700). With that said, Amazon has a little product alert indicating either R6700 or R6700v2. Well, they are shipping the R6700v2 which does not match some of the specifications shown on this page (in particular the CPU speed).
I know because after receiving a router that did not match, they offered to replace it and send the first version of the router (the one with the higher clock speeds as indicated on the actual product details) and ended up receiving the same thing (another V2).
I will say that for those interested in a router that will not be flashed with custom software or that will not use other more advanced functions a router can provide, this is no problem. For those of us that know the hardware and know what we are expecting, that is a problem.
I have it a 3 star because any company that makes an original version with better specs and then turns around and significantly changes this without changing the model number and making minor modifications on the box (see amazon's own photos - both boxes are pictured) simply does not deserve my trust. Speaking of ratings, many of the ratings you see here are lumped up with other Netgear products and also apply to the original more capable version.
I encourage you do your research and check reviews from different sources. This way, you will not be disappointed with the V2 that you will receive. I hope this help you make your decision!
Over the course of the next month, the smart devices grew angry. They couldn't chat freely and with reckless abandon. Sometimes they wouldn't ever hear each other. The Chromecast cried in solace. The smart lightbulbs faded to dark. Our guests grew angry with our unreliable network as Game of Thrones struggled to stream. We lost friends. Made enemies. At a certain point we decided enough is enough: it is time to throw more money at this problem.
That's how we ended up with this spaceship. I spent twenty minutes going through all the advanced settings to make sure it was set up well enough to satisfy my inner geek, then I unleashed it upon the internet. Game of Thrones streamed quickly. Netflix couldn't feed my router fast enough. My smart devices snapped to attention. The Chromecast wept, this time with tears of joy.
I am a hero. And all it took was a lot of money.
Two months ago I was upgrading my home network from old 100mbs to gigabit. Did a lot of research and this R7000P seemed to be the best compromise between cost and capability. My son was also upgrading his home and agreed with my assessment. He bought first. Router was excellent so I bought mine shortly thereafter in mid March 2018.
It installed easily, plugged it in and it worked perfectly. Setup was a breeze. My home LAN is a mix of wireless and ethernet devices-two computers, a printer, five NAS devices connected through switches, some phones and tablets. Everything connected, the ethernet ports at 1000mbps.
Fast forward seven weeks. One bright May morning I looked at the router and noticed that the LAN ports LED indicators had changed from white to amber. The ports had switched to 100mbps. Not a good thing.
Speed tests were surprising-the wireless part of the router was still running as fast as always at 39MBps. The ethernet ports could barely hit 6MBps.
So I did all the things one normally does to show love for electronics. Rebooted, power cycled, reset to factory specs, flashed new firmware, direct connected computer to the modem(to verify the modem wasn't in some way failing) and to each lan port through brand new cat 5 and cat 6 cable. I even yelled at it hoping intimidation would work. No joy. The router management software reported and speed tests confirmed that the ethernet ports were under 100mbps, not even close to 1000mbps. Phone support was less than helpful.
It's beyond 30 days so I can't return it to Amazon and if I spend hours navigating a support system directing me do do all the troubleshooting I have already done I might eventually be able to return it for exchange. I pay shipping both ways, wait a week or three with no network.
About a week after mine went wonky my son's failed in exactly the same way. He bought his at Walmart and had no trouble returning it and getting an ASUS.
So, the most expensive router I have ever owned is operating in cripple mode. When I can afford it I'll buy something else. Not Netgear.
One thing I did learn is that the 21,500+ reviews are not necessarily for this router. There is a filter switch near the review stars that lets you see only confirmed purchasers of this specific router-and that is lots less. Turns out I'm not the Lone Ranger-others have had similar issues.
All of which is a very long-winded way of explaining how the R7000P managed to earn a single star.
Top reviews from other countries
I only kept it for a day.
Oh boy when I first saw the firmware, after waiting 5 minutes for it to boot, I was already having regrets. It's filled with cloud crap and Disney nonsense, who is the target public here?
- All pages take 4 seconds to load, almost EVERY 'save/submit' reboots the router, which takes about 3 minutes to do.
- It crashed twice times during that day, my room sitting at a comfortable 23c, nothing touching the router, and it runs hot 24/7.
- 5GHz just doesn't work, as you can see from many other reviews. Even if you're able to connect it, it will disconnect after a minute.
- 2.4GHz doesn't go over 40mbps...where does the 600mbps come from?
- My wired connection dropped to 6mbps at the end of the day, no reboots fixed that. I swapped to my old router and immediately hit the maximum speed of my ISP.
- QoS is messed up, read it up online, it all seems random. You can fine-tune it but it won't save correctly.
- Port forwarding didn't correctly apply the settings the first time I set it up, making me waste 30 minutes trying to understand why my server was not working. I had to remove the rule and add it again multiple times before it did its job.
- The wifi range is ok I guess.
Edit: After several months with this products, I'm upgrading my review from 3 to 1 stars. The firmware is not reliable. Since the latest firmware, my wireless devices cannot connect unless I reboot the router.
Every day for the past week when I come home, my business laptop and other wireless devices cannot connect. I have to physically reboot the router to establish a wifi connection. This isn't acceptable for a router at this price point. I'm going to have to install third party firmware, such as Tomato to get rock solid reliability at the expense of possibly a slower speeds.
1) Initially I used to have a single Wifi router and multiple wifi extenders to cover my 3 bed room flat and still used to get compliant from my kids or from my wife. They used to get slow data transfer speeds. I used to have an ACT Fibre 75 MBps line and still it used to be slow
2) Future of 1 Gbps data transfer is already available on this router, yes that is correct, with the 5 GHZ data transmission option on two channels - Channel 36 and Channel 141 you get a higher data transfer throughput rather than a 2.4 GHZ data transmission mode. Recently ACT Fiber upgraded to 150 Mbps and my router was already having upto 1 Gbps data transfer through put.
3) Beam forming and support to ensure that all the nooks and corner is covered and also upto 30 devices, with multiple work loads e.g. primary TV, secondary TV, multiple phone, tablets, laptop etc.
4) It allows to connect one USB 2 GB HDD external hard drive that you can access from anywhere, so media sharing is already available
5) Remote access to printers is available also by installing a driver on your remote desktop, again awesome
1) Bit pricey, but as stated top of the line wifi router (Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router) worth every paise.