NETGEAR RP614 Web Safe Router with 4-Port 10/100 Mbps Switch
|Price:||$59.00 + $5.14 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Router lets you share a single broadband connection with multiple users
- Switch with four 10/100 Mbps auto-sensing ports allows for wired network connections
- Security includes SPI firewall and NAT translation
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Device measures 5.8 x 1.1 x 3.8 inches (WxHxD)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item NETGEAR RP614 Web Safe Router with 4-Port 10/100 Mbps Switch
|Shipping||$5.14||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Data Transfer Rate||0.1 Gb per second||1,000 Mb per second||150 Mb per second||100 Mb per second|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 11.69 x 4.25 in||2.68 x 11.22 x 8.78 in||4.7 x 6.9 x 1.1 in||1.1 x 6.9 x 4.7 in|
|Item Weight||1.3 lbs||1.81 lbs||1.21 lbs||4.41 ounces|
|Total LAN Ports||Information not provided||4||4||8|
|Wireless Compability||Information not provided||Information not provided||802.11 B/G||Information not provided|
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The router randomly locks up several times a week. It requires a power off then on in order to start working again.
2. The router times out idle TCP session after a few minutes, and there is no way to disable or change this timeout. After the timeout the connection is dropped and has to be re-established. This is a *major* annoyance for people like me who use ssh or telnet to log into outside machines, but it can also cause problems with chat clients or other network applications if you are idle for a few minutes. This behavior has been confirmed by Netgear tech support, and they don't have a solution.
Between these two flaws, I recommend against buying this unit. Netgear's previous generation product (RP314) was rock solid, it's sad to see Netgear go so far downhill.
Netgear releases firmware after firmware without acknowledging this problem. It still happens, and I have heard it may be a heat issue, which means that no firmware in the world will solve it.
Another drawback of this router is the recent NTP server problem - it turns out that Netgear wrote a very bad implementation of network time protocol, which caused thousands of routers around the world to perform a 'denial of service' attack on a poor time server at the University of Wisconsin. This issue has since been fixed but it is an example of Netgear's history of problems with the RP614.
On a hunch, I decided to try a new router, and chose this model. Hookup was EASY. There is a CD that comes with the unit, and the CD tells you what to do, step by step. Not only that, it performs tests each time you perform a step, to see if you did it right.
My broadband speed is now four times faster than what it was with the old Linksys unit. Incidentally, I also use VPN, and had zero issues getting a connection with this router.
A great product, highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast. Although my ISP said I was supposed to receive 25 Mbps, I was barely getting 5. Replace my old Linksys (BEFSR41) with this Netgear (RP614 v4) and am getting 25 Mbps... Read morePublished 24 days ago by Tim
Did not come with a power cord. That info should be more clear on this product. Otherwise it is a working router.Published 11 months ago by drthrax
This router loves to time out, slow down speeds and, generally, interrupt your service. I would NOT recommend at all, ever.Published 20 months ago by jon lipshter
Item appeared to have been opened and was missing the software CD. After much searching, I was able to locate and download the installation software and the router is working... Read morePublished 21 months ago by BT
Disappointing...of course the power supply unit died like 2 months after the warranty expired. It had a 2 year warranty so 2 months after that...RIP. Read morePublished 23 months ago by T. Villalobos
Bought this router because it allows scheduled blocking by IP address. However, it does not support different schedules for different addresses. Read morePublished on July 22, 2014 by John Bay
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.