Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $9.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2)
Enhance your purchase
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11.19 x 8.43 x 2.36 inches|
|Data Link Protocol||802_11_BGN|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Megabits Per Second|
|Item Weight||1.1 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- N300 Wi-Fi speed for faster downloads & Internet gaming
- 5dBi antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage. NOTE: This product comes with an ethernet cable.
- Manage your home network with NETGEAR genie
- Use Push-N-Connect to add devices to your WiFi network with a push of a button
- GUEST NETWORK ACCESS for separate & secure WiFi access for guests
- SECURE WIFI CONNECTIONS for highest level wireless security with WPA/WPA2
- 4 MB flash and 32 MB RAM, Five (5) (1 WAN, 4 LAN) Fast Ethernet ports
- This version of the product will have 'WNR2020-200PAS' stickered on box
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
NETGEAR makes it easy for you to have the smartest home in the neighborhood, with the latest, fastest networking technology. Our range of easy-to-use products can help you stream movie night more often, watch almost anything on your tablet without buffering, check in on your home from your smartphone and store and protect all of your family’s memories.
In business, confidence is everything. When it comes to your network, it’s even more important. Whether you’re a small business with big dreams or a mid-size business ready to take the next step, you need to share access and ideas safely, connect remote locations securely and give your people the tools to perform.
Keeping your customers happy and loyal is everything. At NETGEAR we are dedicated to your success. That’s why we deliver the tools and solutions you need to keep your residential and business customers connected, productive and satisfied.
Compare with similar items
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control, QoS
TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Router (Archer A5) - Dual Band Wireless Internet Router, 4 x 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Ports, Supports Guest WiFi, Access Point Mode, IPv6 and Parental Controls
NETGEAR Wi-Fi Router (R6230) - AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Speed (Up to 1200 Mbps), Up to 1200 Square Feet Coverage & 20 Devices, 4 x 1G Ethernet and 1 x 2.0 USB Ports
NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed Up to 1750 Mbps | Up to 1500 Sq Ft Coverage & 25 Devices | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 1 x 3.0 USB Ports | Armor Security
TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router (Archer A6) - 5GHz Dual Band Mu-MIMO Wireless Internet Router, Supports Guest WiFi and AP mode, Long Range Coverage
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||NDR Solutions||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||ethernet||Wi-Fi Built In||Wi-Fi Ready, Wi-Fi Built In, Ethernet||802.11ac Dual Band WiFi||WiFi||Wi-Fi Built In, Ethernet|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mb per second||1750 Mb per second||1200 Mb per second||900 Mb per second||1300 Mb per second||1200 Mb per second|
|Frequency Bands Supported||Single-Band||Dual-Band||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||Dual-Band||Dual-Band||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz|
|Item Dimensions||11.19 x 8.43 x 2.36 inches||9.59 x 6.32 x 1.29 inches||7.2 x 4.86 x 1.26 inches||8.11 x 10.24 x 4.13 inches||11.22 x 7.2 x 2.44 inches||9.05 x 5.68 x 1.45 inches|
|Item Weight||1.10 lbs||0.93 lbs||—||1.64 lbs||1.58 lbs||—|
|Total Ethernet Ports||5||4||5||5||5||5|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11bgn||802.11ac, 802.11b, 802.11n, 802.11g||802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g||802.11ac||802.11ac||802.11ac, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11a, 802.11n|
The NETGEAR N300 WiFi Router with External Antennas (WNR2020v2) offers faster downloads and Internet gaming. This router delivers high-performance wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps and is the ideal router for medium-sized homes. It delivers the speed and reliability needed for applications such as HD streaming, online gaming and a secure and reliable connection to the Internet. The WNR2020 includes advanced features such as external 5dBi antennas for improved WiFi coverage, Push 'N' Connect for easy push button WiFi connections and guest network access for a separate and secure Internet access for guests.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Brandon on May 16, 2016
According to Speedtest.net, on WiFi I get the same the same upload/download speeds as I had been getting previously (when I was using an Ethernet cable plugged directly into the modem).
Setting up the router was easy and hassle-free.
Just one warning. I don't think the setup instructions include an injunction to change the router's admin password as soon as possible. This is something you should do right away, or else anyone can get into your router settings and muck around with it. You can do it in two quick steps:
(1) Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit Go. This will take you to the router settings page. The page will prompt you for a username and password, which will be the default ones if you haven't yet changed them--on mine the default username was "admin" and the default password was "password". (In any case, the default username/pw should be listed in the router's documentation.)
(2) You should be in the "NETGEAR genie" page. Click on the "ADVANCED" tab, then click on the "Administration" tab below it to expand the menu. Click on "Set Password." Now you can change the password to something more secure.
Netgear's online help was of no help. Their website says they offer phone-help, but I was unable to even enter my phone number in the place provided. The window prompts I clicked on to contact customer service kept bumping me back two pages, so I was stuck in a loop of no help whatsoever. They must not want to be contacted. Sad.
That is when I decided to stop trying to contact Netgear, and just send it back to Amazon the very same day. Dropped it off at a UPS outlet, and got a "square box" code image from Amazon so UPS could scan that and know what to do with the modem, which was all packed back neatly in its pretty box, with the power cord and one Ethernet cable. UPS said they would package it in a shipping box and ship it, no worries.
As of now, my delay is extended by 6 days, plus having put 2 hours into messing with the non-working unit, and a 10-mile round-trip to the UPS store.
I liked my FIRST router, and am hoping this was an isolated incident of a faulty unit, and so am buying another one, hoping that the replacement will work. Fingers crossed.
The wifi router works great now after following Van's advice regarding wifi speed. I am posting it below so anyone who reads this, but is unable to find the fix, can get it here in his own words.
You need to log into the router and go to the Advanced tab then go to Setup and QoS Setup. Uncheck Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings and apply. After I did this, my router was back to normal just like the post said. Hopefully this will work for you as well.
This is a replacement for my old Lynksis wireless G router, which died on me after more than a decade of use. This one has a smaller footprint and while it is kind of light feeling as opposed to my old Lynsis, but this was only 20 bucks so I wasn't expecting it to Feel like the Rock of Gibraltar. It looks nice. Customer service was helpful,.If I could do one thing different it would be buying a dual band router since this is only 2.4 GHZ, but if router this lasts I would state that it is worth it especially if cash is tight. Thank you.
After about a month it's pretty obvious that this router gets bogged down pretty quickly. Family of 5 and a few devices on wifi like alexa, ring alarm, fire TV + our cell phones and this thing's wifi capabilities just go down to unusable. I am only going to lower to 4 stars because this is still a great router for the price if you have a small apartment with fewer devices on wifi.