|Wireless Type||802.11A, 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
NETGEAR Universal N900 Dual Band Wi-Fi to 4-Port Ethernet Adapter for Video and Gaming (WNCE4004)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wirelessly connect up to four devices like Blu-ray players, smart TVs, media players and game consoles
- Optimized for wireless video streaming
- 4-Port WiFi Adapter makes any wired device a part of your WiFi network
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) With Netgear be careful who you purchase products through. I bought mine through an Amazon Reseller. Since they are not an authorized Netgear reseller Netgear will not honor their warranty, which includes support. If your N900 router doesn't work you are out of luck. This is most likely the last Netgear product I will every buy.
2) This was hard to configure. The very sparse setup sheet assumes everything works exactly as planned. If it doesn't, there is no information anywhere, no manual, not online support... nothing that will help you configure this system So if it doesn't respond to mywifiext.net try the IP addresses 192.168.1.251 and 192.168.1.240.
Even after following these rules, both of my new units randomly drop their connection, at times two, three times in an hour or periods 4 to 5 hours with one connection drop, totally random and maddening for the user. One unit was put through a hard reset, held the reset button for seconds, until the unit lights flashed and factory defaults returned. Did a hard wired firmware upgrade and power off reset, then network settings. This lasted on the unit for two, three weeks of no dropped connections. Then slowly dropping connections returned, again, just frustrating.
This solved my problem and I have seen speeds between it and my router up to 200mbs.
Way better than the 48mbps I got with the av2 powerline adapters I tried.
The Netgear N900 connected right out of the box without any issues. I can turn it off and turn it back on - it connects within a minute and doesn't care that the router is in the basement on the other end of the house.
We haven't had a single issue with Netflix losing the connection since, either. The 'other' unit was returned for a refund the next day and I purchased another of these for the family room. Save yourself 4 cents...by the Netgear N900, not the other brand!
* * * Update * * *
I've had these units running for almost 3 months now and put them both through all kinds of tests....power outages, reconfiguring WiFi, and relocating the device. I have never had a single problem with the adapter re-establishing the connections. I haven't noticed any kind of dropped signal watching Netflix, either.
These things are rock solid. I have noticed the price is higher than what I paid, but still well worth it. IMHO.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nobody should buy this product. It is truly appalling that it is being sold as fit for purpose. As *many other people* have reported in reviews here, it routinely disconnects from... Read morePublished 1 day ago by PAUL MURRAY
I have other Netgear wifi adaptors that setup and work as their supposed to. This piece of sh*t is impossible to setup and calling Netgear is total waste of time.Published 16 days ago by jayk
It works, but it is WEP passphrase unfriendly and the web configuration software is a bit messed up. Read morePublished 11 months ago by A. McPhate
this was 2nd unit, both work great for surfing and gaming, especially when I could not run new hardwire.Published 13 months ago by cliff m.