Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "NETGEAR N300 Wall Plug Version Wi-Fi Range Extend..." and save 79% off the $89.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
NETGEAR N300 Wall Plug Version Wi-Fi Range Extender (WN3000RP)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, iPad 2, and PlayStation 3. External antennas for better WiFi coverage
- Extends wireless coverage, universal compatibility. Reduce mobile data plan charges by connecting to WiFi. May not be compatible with WiFi routers or gateways whose ﬁrmware has been altered or changed, including without limitation certain open source routers, or other WiFi routers or gateways with non-standard or outdated ﬁrmware
- Easy to install - no CD required. TCP/IP, DHCP server and client, DNS relay. Extends wireless coverage, universal compatibility
- Fast Ethernet port to connect home A/V devices to the network
- Smart LED indicators helps find the best location for optimal WiFi coverage
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender boosts your existing N300 WiFi and delivers greater wireless speed, range and connectivity. It works with any standard WiFi router and is ideal for video streaming and gaming. External antennas provide better performance and the convenient wall-plug design saves space. Get the connectivity you need for iPads, smartphones, laptops and more.
N300 WiFi Range Extender
Boost Your Existing WiFi
- Works with any standard WiFi router.
- WiFi up to 300Mbps.
- External antennas for better performance.
- Convenient wall-plug design.
|N150 WiFi Range Extender (WN1000RP)||N300 WiFi Range Extender (WN3000RP)||N600 WiFi Range Extender (WN3500RP)|
|WiFi Band||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz & 5 GHz|
|Wired to WiFi Adapter||-||1-port||1-port|
|Mobile Device Setup||✓||✓||✓|
Ideal for Extending Wifi to Devices Like:
- iPhone 5.
- Samsung Galaxy S3.
- iPad 2.
- PlayStation 3.
WiFi Analytics App
How strong is your WiFi signal? Use the NETGEAR WiFi Analytics app for Android and get advanced analytics to optimize your existing or newly extended WiFi network. Check your network status, WiFi signal strength, identify crowded WiFi channels and much more!
- Get a network status overview.
- Check WiFi signal strength.
- Measure WiFi channel interference.
- Keep track of WiFi strength by location.
- and more. ..
Compare with similar items
NETGEAR Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender. Manufactured In China . Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance.
Legal DisclaimerMust be at least 18 & over to purchase
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The instructions are very thorough and accurate, but you have to read carefully because you may have to leaf back and forth through the small booklet, depending on your specific situation. Linking the extender while you are in the same room with your WiFi hub is important, particularly if you have competing strong signals from several sources, and you will need your phone or some other WiFi-receptive device to set up the extender.
Good Luck and have fun.
My modem/router is at the other end of my house so I turned on my iPad and my iPod and checked the signal in my front bedroom. I was getting only 1 out of three bars on both devices.
After I plugged in the Netgear wifi extender and set it up, which is very easy by the way, I was able to receive three out of three bars on both my iPad and my iPod in the exact same location where previously I could only obtain one out of three bars. So the extender does what it claims, it extends the range of your wireless router so that the signal you receive is "stronger" than it was before.
Now, here's the catch. When you route your wifi signal from your modem/router to the Netgear extender it will improve the signal strength as my results have proven from above. The problem is that the actual speed of the extended signal is SLOWER than the original signal from your modem/router!! This is very deceiving, perhaps unintentionally by Netgear. It even makes a stement in the manual for the Netgear extender that says something to the effect that you should only use the extender in situations when you have either no signal or one that is very poor as the actual data speed is slower when using the extender.
One of the main reasons that I bought this was to boost the wifi signal that my Sony Bravia TV receives for streaming Netflix movies. With my current modem/router setup I was receiving three out of five bars signal strength, 60%. When I accessed the Netgear extender my signal strength jumped up to five out of five bars, 100% signal strength, BUT the overall speed of that signal was 5 to 6 times slower and actually caused my Netflix streaming to buffer which never happens when I am just using my wifi connection without the Netgear extender.
So basically, if you are looking to increase the speed of your wifi signal to increase performance of things like Netflix, Blockbuster or other streaming media this extender is NOT the way to go for the reasons mentioned previously. Yes, it WILL increase your signal strength but it will NOT increase your speed but it will actually cause it to be slower.
So to sum it all up. Buy this and use this ONLY if you are not able to pick up a signal or have a very poor signal, one bar, and this will allow you to connect your wifi enabled devices. Do NOT buy this device with the expectation that it will increase or even use your current modem speed because it will NOT.