|Item model number||QXL-00009|
|Item Weight||2.52 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.88 x 9.61 x 2.8 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||9.88 x 9.61 x 2.8 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Date First Available||May 6, 2020|
NEW Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 - Matte Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Spectacular Omnisonic sound wraps you in your favorite music, shows, and more.
- On-ear dials let you adjust volume or keep it quiet with 13 levels of active noise cancellation.
- Soft, over-ear pads are breathable, lightweight and comfortable.
- Intuitive touch controls let you skip tracks, answer/end calls, and get hands-free assistance.
- Full charge now lasts up to 20 hours . Listen to almost an hour of music with a 5-minute charge.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The smarter way to listen
Surround yourself with spectacular Omnisonic sound for music, shows, and calls. Stay focused with adjustable noise cancellation. And, listen in comfort all day long.
Now in two colors
Light Gray and new Matte Black.
Spectacular sound. Or peace and quiet.
Experience your music, shows, and calls like never before with spectacular Omnisonic sound and 13 levels of adjustable noise cancellation.
Designed for comfort & control
Listen in comfort and style all day with soft, lightweight ear pads and up to 20 hours  of battery life.
Get ahead with your headphones
Let your voice do the typing. Use dictation in Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.*1 Catch up on emails with Play My Emails in the Outlook mobile app for iOS. [*1]
Pairs with your Surface
Complete your Surface experience with the perfect accessory to fuel your productivity. Connects effortlessly with one click via Swift Pair. 
 Subscription required.
 Up to 20 hours of battery life when connected via Bluetooth with active noise cancellation on. Battery life varies with usage and settings.
 Pairing functionality requires Windows 10 with the latest updates.
Compare with similar items
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset with Mic for phone-call and Alexa voice control - Industry Leading Active Noise Cancellation – Black
SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones 700, with Alexa Voice Control, Arctic White
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WHXB900N: Wireless Bluetooth Over The Ear Headset with Mic for Phone-Call and Alexa Voice Control - Black (WH-XB900N/B)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones, Black, With Exceptional Clarity, Comfort, And 40 hr Battery
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||ShopSmart Deals||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear|
|Item Dimensions||9.88 x 9.61 x 2.80 inches||7.31 x 2.94 x 10.44 inches||7.26 x 3.03 x 9.93 inches||2.00 x 6.50 x 8.00 inches||9.50 x 7.86 x 3.50 inches||8.66 x 4.33 x 9.84 inches|
|Special Features||Noise-Canceling, Lightweight||Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones (WH-1000XM3)||Noise-Canceling||Noise Cancellation, Microphone Feature, Water Resistant, Volume-Control||Noise Cancellation||Microphone, wireless, Volume-Control|
Whether working or relaxing at home, listen in comfort and style all day with new Surface Headphones 2. Your music and phone calls sound spectacular with enhanced Omnisonic sound. Tune out distractions with adjustable noise cancellation. Listen to almost an hour of music with just a 5-minute charge — and listen all day with up to 20 hours of battery life . Plus, use touch to control your music, calls, get assistance, and more.
* Sold separately.  Subscription required.  Up to 20 hours of battery life when connected via Bluetooth® with active noise cancellation on. Battery life varies with usage and settings.  Pairing functionality requires Windows 10 with the latest updates.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Sound: The sound on these are extremely clear and the person in the other end stated it was also clear for them. The volume and sound cancellation is build into the ear muffs which I thought was innovate. You turn the side for desired noise cancellation or sound transparent. When fully in noise cancellation you can’t even hear yourself talking.
Music: The clarity of the sound is superb. I could head the highs and lows along with the Mids extremely clear. I also appreciate defined base and these define shine in that area.
Con: I noticed that the noise transparency mode is so sensitive I could hear my air conditioning airflow clearly than I’d prefer. I noticed that in the car as well. You can hear your air blowing so clearly it almost sounds like a white noise. Depending on your temperament I can see this being a pro for some and an utter irrational for others.
Quality: These are the easiest pair to my work laptop. I used these for a Microsoft Teams call with a 3 year old in the background. Let me just say... life changing. I almost felt guilty for how well they drowned her out. I love they I didn’t have to fuss at her just to take a conference call. I work in a high-traffic environment and I felt like the quality of these really enhanced my ability to zone in.
Construction: the over all weight of these are lighter than both of my other name brand headphones that fall in the same price range. I wore these all day to see if my ears would hurt by end of day. This did not bother me at all. The ear muffs fully encloses your ear with a little room to not create Class a phobia!
Con: the ear muff material does appear to be made from such that it does appear the hair oils and constant rubbing may crack this if it’s not conditioned and maintained.
Cost: In my honest option I have owned a few name brand headphones. These fall right in line with others for cost but the two benefits I see here is. 1. If you are a working professional who had a lot of conference calls these pair well with your laptop and or tablet. The control panels on the headphones are extremely user friendly and the battery can get up to 20 hours. That can be the difference of almost 3 full work days of charge. That’s a perfect pair of travel is apart of what you do.
All in all, these have completely fulfilled my Microsoft surface family. I’m happy with these and would say to venture out as I think a lot of the minor issues the first edition had have been resolved with some additional snazzy features.
- disappointed by the sound out of the box. I got it close to the sound I’m used to by giving it a gentle V EQ with the app (using the "classical" EQ, and bumping slightly the lows and low mids to match the other side). I got a better sound too forcing my iMac to use Aptx, but still I feel that my AirPods Pro have more headroom, punch and definition. However I got used to the difference after a few hours of use
- noise candelation: i feel it does a better job that the AirPods Pro reducing constant and low sounds, However it is worse for very high sounds. Without music, I can hear the mouse clicks around me just like without ANC, which is disappointing for a product tailored for open office use. The transparency mode is also not as "true" as the AirPods Pro and the ambiant sound boost is just horrible.
- comfort: I get a little pain on the top of my head after an hour of use or so
- other defaults: multi pairing doesn’t work for me. I get cracking and disconnecting sounds whenever I play something in the same time with my phone. There seems to be digital cracking sounds whenever I adjust the noise canceling levels.
- the dials and the design. These are the real pros but the reason why I got them at the first place. I’m a designer myself and I appreciate when companies make minimal, well thought out and very intuitive products. And that sold it to me.
- the price: with all these cons, I’m happy that Microsoft reduced the price of these. It makes much more sense, even though I would have preferred keeping the original price while fixing these problems for a second generation.
To conclude: I bought these headphones mainly for their design and controls. And these headphones are great for the price. I would only consider selling them if the rumored new Apple headphones have amazing sound, noise cancelation and comfort. If not, I’ll be more than happy to keep using them at work.