NEW! Skyroam Solis: Mobile WiFi Hotspot & Power Bank // Unlimited Data // Global SIM-Free 4G LTE // Pay-as-you-go // Coverage in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Your Portable Global Hub: Travel the world with Skyroam's super fast global 4G LTE hotspot with embedded power bank, one pocket-sized solution for all your WiFi needs.
- Long-Lasting: Stay online all day long with 16+ hours of battery life. Keep your gadgets charged on-the-go with the 6000 mAh power bank.
- Instant coverage in 100+ countries: Skyroam's unique virtual SIM automatically connects you to the best speeds at top destinations in Europe, The Americas, Asia, Africa & Australia.
- Simple, Cost-Saving Pricing: Get UNLIMITED data anywhere around the globe for just $9 per day pass. Buy day passes only when you need them!
- Secure & Shareable: Encrypted connection for 5 devices. Keep your smartphone, tablet, laptop and reader online simultaneously.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Skyroam Solis is the ultimate travel companion, a smart travel device that is a dual global 4G LTE hotspot and power bank. Skyroam Solis provides super fast, secure and affordable mobile data for up to 5 devices with no SIM card in 100+ countries.
Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
America: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bonaire, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Monserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saipan, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Marteen, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, United States
Europe: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican
Africa: Egypt, Kenya, South Africa, Morocco
Middle East: Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait
Each 24-hr daypass begins when you click Start > OK on the hotspot screen. Buy daypasses when needed at account portal.
If account is inactive for 12 months and balance remains, two daypasses expire. If no balance remains, nothing changes.
Service is optimized for average use, speeds may slow with very high usage. Video-streaming are not recommended.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, Skyroam doesn't offer $8/day for unlimited LTE. After you use just 500MB in a single day, you're throttled down to 2G speeds, which are barely better than your dialup modem in 1995. Think 5 kilobytes per second-- essentially unusable even for light browsing on today's web when webpages can be 2-3 MB apiece.
If you live in the US and have a locked phone, buy a cheap $50 unlocked phone off Amazon with the Amazon lockscreen ads like the Blu R1 HD and get a SIM card for it in the airport at your destination. Then either use that phone while you travel or turn on its WiFi hotspot and tether your normal phone to it.
Three days later....nothing.
Sent it back.
1) it is HUGE in comparison to the original. Not ideal if you are trying to minimize what you are carrying around daily.
2) the new plug is not user friendly. Now I need ANOTHER adapter and charger wire to carry around. The old usb was great, this new one, not so much.
3) there is no screen on it. So it's not friendly to see if you are connected or how much time is left on it. Not ideal.
4) the case (optional) has a weak strap that won't last long. It would have been better with a metal clip to clip on to backpack or purse or belt loop.
5) the battery life is not that great at all. My old skyroam lasted longer. The Solis didn't even make it a day (14 hours) and that's just using it for wifi.
6) the module doesn't indicate remaining battery, connection, time etc. I miss those things.
Overall... it's not that easy to set up, confusing to tell if it's working and big and bulky. The battery life isn't great and the plug in a hassle. I will be returning to my old skyroam after this trip is over!!!
(The older simpler better model shown also)
But I will add... I have visited over 60 countries and Skyroam has always worked wonderfully.
For a brand new product, they really need to have customer support manning phone lines. I tried calling and got no response midday, just an answering machine. Funny because when I wanted to BUY a device and called in, the phones for that option (had to go through a menu and tell them I wanted) the line was picked up immediately. I've left a message and also sent in a support request online. But again, this doesn't inspire confidence in the company.
Update: I finally managed to get to the registration page after turning off my VPN -- they should have some sort of note to do so if it doesn't work with a VPN. But I'm a little disturbed then if it means it won't work with my VPN, which would be important for security if sitting in an airport and needing to do work. And disturbed that in the process I had to restart my computer twice because after I tried using the Solis even my normal home Wifi wouldn't work until I restarted. Thus the internet itself never worked during setup other than to the skyroam page -- I was supposed to get 20 minutes to get a confirmation email to set up the account, but apparently it was already over by the time I finally got on.
Summary: I had to sacrifice my free Daypass to check and see if it worked so I could return it quickly if it didn't, and yes, it does work and is pretty fast on two devices, so I upped my review to 3 stars from my initial 1 star. However, at the moment, it most definitely it does not work with the VPN. I imagine that will be a dealbreaker for some. Although I did eventually figure things out on my own (2 hours), it was a very frustrating process. The notifications I got in response to both on phone call and my email was that I'll receive a response in 24-48 hours. Since this is a travel device, and people might depend on it in a crunch, 48 hours' customer service is really not acceptable if you need help on the road.
Another update: (Trying to stay on top of this, since this is a new product and there's little info on it as of yet)
Changing down to 2 stars. 2 hours in and I realize the network kicked all my devices off which are now working on my home Wifi. For some reason it works great on my iPad, which reconnected right away when I tried it, but right now it won't connect to my laptop at all. When it does work, it's really fast though, and I think I'll be glad for it on the road, but I'm sure it'll frustrate me a lot too if it keeps up this behavior. I do a lot of international travel and I hate scrounging around trying to find a SIM, so if this works, it'll be great. One other (large) problem: I purchased a Daypass two hours ago, can see the purchase history on my account, can see my usage (it shows I'm using my one free Daypass and haven't yet used the new purchased one), but it doesn't show up on my Status as a usable Daypass. I don't know if there's a time lag with that, but that also will be frustrating if I'm on the road and need internet fast and can't use a Daypass I purchased within a few hours.
Because this is a new device, I think they'll work out the kinks in time as people complain, so I'm going to give this a chance. Will keep updating as I use this over the next year.
Most recent customer reviews
- Larger than I what is ideal (The hockey-puck design is a little cumbersome at times and hard to fit in a jean...Read more