NEXX GARAGE Remote Garage Door Opener - Smart Garage Door Controller Compatible with Most Major Garage Door Openers - Control Using a Smart Phone, Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant Enabled Devices
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CONVENIENTLY OPEN and CLOSE GARAGE DOOR Nexx Garage integrates with your 2 4Ghz WiFi network and your existing Garage Door opener and transforms it into a smart device that can be controlled and monitored from anywhere in the world the lifting and lowering down of the garage door is still performed by your garage door opener but the trigger to open and close the door is controlled by Nexxa Garage Controller It certainly is an incredible value for money when compared to other similar options
- MULTIPLE CONTROL OPTIONS The garage door opening and closing could be controlled in multiple ways either through simply tapping your smartphone nexx garage mobile app or by driving near your garage door this feature is in BETA release and there are currently known issues on Android 6 x or by giving voice commands to your Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant enabled devices just say Alexa ask Nexx Garage to check door
- MULTI USER ACCESS and REMOTE MONITORING You could authorize multiple individuals to access your garage through Nexx Garage or even remotely open close the gate when a guest has to access your garage Moreover you dont have to worry if you forgot to close your door for Nexx Garage will notify you and you can even look at previous 7 days opening closing logs to be sure of your garages security
- QUICK and EASY INSTALLATION WITH WIDE COMPATIBILITY and UNPARALLEL SECURITY Nexx Garage can be quickly and easily installed without the need of any professional skills or tools Moreover with its best in class encryption technology you can always be certain that your garage door is secured by a reliable controller Nexx Garage is compatible with almost all major garage door openers check our website for list of known incompatible openers but currently can only control 1 garage door opener
- Note You can control one garage door for every Nexx Garage device If you have three garage door openers you will need three Nexx Garage devices However the door openers can be different models or even from different manufacturers Nexx Garage keeps a history of door activities so that you can monitor the traffic in your garage area in real time or in the past
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Nexx Garage - Turn Your Garage Door Opener to a WiFi Enabled Smart Device
CONVENIENTLY OPEN & CLOSE GARAGE DOOR – Nexx Garage connects to your 2.4Ghz WiFi network and your existing Garage Door opener and transforms it into a smart device that can be controlled and monitored from anywhere in the world – the lifting and lowering down of the garage door is still performed by your garage door opener but the trigger to open and close the door is controlled by Nexxa Garage Controller. It certainly is an incredible value for money when compared to other similar options.
MULTIPLE CONTROL OPTIONS – The garage door opening and closing could be controlled in multiple ways – either through simply tapping your smartphone nexx garage mobile app, or by driving near your garage door (this feature is in BETA release), or by giving voice commands to your Alexa or Google Assistant enabled devices.
MULTI-USER ACCESS & REMOTE MONITORING – You could authorize multiple individuals to access your garage through Nexx Garage or even remotely open/close the gate when a guest has to access your garage. Moreover, you don’t have to worry if you forgot to close your door for Nexx Garage will notify you, and you can even look at previous 7 days’ opening/closing logs to be sure of your garages security.
QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION WITH WIDE COMPATIBILITY & UNPARALLEL SECURITY – Nexx Garage can be quickly and easily installed without the need of any professional skills or tools. Moreover, with its best-in-class encryption technology, you can always be certain that your garage door is secured by a reliable controller. Nexx Garage is compatible with most major garage door openers. However, any garage door opener with Security+ technology are not compatible (check our website for list of known incompatible openers and a workaround to make it compatible).
- Must be able to connect to 2.4Ghz WiFi network.
- Each Nexx Garage device can only control one garage door opener, so you will need 2 devices if you have 2 garage door openers.
- Auto Open feature is still in BETA release. May not work on all smartphones.
- Will not work out of the box for any openers with Security+ technology like Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Genie. Please see our website for a workaround solution.
OPEN - CLOSE - MONITOR - NOTIFY FROM ANYWHERE
Skiing in the mountains and you need to open your garage to let someone store some precious delivery?
Are you worried that your kids may not get home from school safely when you are hard at work?
Want to know who accessed your garage last week?
Nexx Garage is the nexx generation in convenience that will provide solutions to all of these problems and more by completely giving you full control of your garage door form anywhere. Also, with it's notification system, you will have the peace of mind knowing who is going in and out of your garage any time and anywhere.
MULTI-USER ACCESS - REMOTE MONITORING - LOGGING
This powerful feature will allow you to give your parents, children, siblings, or friends access to activate your garage door opener. You, in turn, can control both yours and theirs as well. With this capability, you no longer need keys or remember a keypad pin code.
Ever left the house and forgot to close the garage door?
No worries, Nexx Garage will remind you.
With any Alexa or Google Assistant compatiable devices, you will be able to just speak to activate you garage door.
Just say "Alexa, tell Nexx Garage to open door".
"Hey Google, tell Nexx Garage to close door".
Using your smartphone GPS, Nexx Garage will open your garage door when you are near. No buttons, switches, or phones, just pure convenience.
(This feature is in BETA release, so it may not work for everyone or every time. This feature also depends upon the device's ability to read the location and that is dependent upon the device electronics and network environment, so it may not work on all phones.)
Compare to similar items
This item NEXX GARAGE Remote Garage Door Opener - Smart Garage Door Controller Compatible with Most Major Garage Door Openers - Control Using a Smart Phone, Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant Enabled Devices
Chamberlain Smart Garage Hub MYQ-G0301 – Upgrade your Existing Garage Door Opener with MyQ Smart Phone Control
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$3.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||SimpalTEK||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||GarageMate by BlueMate Labs, Inc.||Softcomplex||GOGOGATE INC|
|Color||White||—||Black||White||Black||White and Green|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 3.5 x 1 in||1.5 x 4.5 x 4.5 in||5.25 x 7.5 x 1.75 in||1.5 x 2.5 x 0.5 in||5 x 6.5 x 3.5 in||4 x 4 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||0.51 lb||0.5 lb||2 lbs||3 ounces||7.04 ounces||0.5 lb|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Opening or closing the door using the app is almost instantaneous. No delay.
• I have a manual off switch on my garage door button which I turn off at night. No issues. Door cannot be overridden by Nexx when the door is locked which is great.
• This is not necessarily a pro or con but a neat feature. You can enable your device to detect your location of your cell. When you drive up about 2 or 3 homes away, the garage door will open on its own. I haven’t come across a security issue with that yet but you can easily disable that feature.
• On the IOS app, I’m assuming Android is the same, there is a current status (open or closed)
• The time stamps will detect when the garage door or open and closed. You need to set your notification setting on your cell phone (I use an iPhone). It also notifies my iWatch. The best thing about this feature is that it sends you a reminder 20 minutes or so later to remind you your garage door is still open. This is great for those of you who cannot remember if you closed your garage door or not.
• If you open the door manually or by remote from car, it will just log that it was opened. However it was opened by your cell phone, it will log a name of the person who accessed the garage.
• My daughter called me about the keypad not working. Apparently the battery died and I was away from home. I was able to instantly open the garage door from my cell. That was a life saver.
• Install and setup can be a little challenging but it really isn’t too bad. With that said, there were a couple of things I needed to purchase. I bought an aluminum sheet from Lowes (a few bucks) to cut up and shape in to a bracket. Also, Nexx unit requires 110V. Both of my plugs on the ceiling at the garage door motor was used so I had to purchase a 1 foot splitter, 1 plug in to 3. I only needed 1 in to 2 but I could not find one as short as 1 foot. I did not buy a plug splitter because I didn’t want the cords hanging upside down from the ceiling. The one foot cord let me rest everting on the garage door opener (motor). Although installation was not too bad, the extra hardware needed and the lack of details that tell you that you may need to purchase extra hardware makes this a con.
• This is not a pro or con. I consider it a concern. My garage door time stamp was off by one hour when it was opened by my cell. If I opened it manually, the time stamp was fine. I checked my PC, Network and cell phone time setting but they were fine. I emailed Nexx about the issue. Note, I emailed them on Saturday of a 3 day weekend. I expected to get a response on Tuesday but they responded that same day which is excellent support. My concern is that they only said they fixed the time and emailed that they set it to MST (Mountain Standard Time) so I shouldn’t have any problems any more. Sure enough, they did fix the problem but now I’m concerned they can access my garage door opener. I did not give them any of my information, I just asked how to do it myself. They must have used my email address to access my account. Not that they would do anything criminal but I am now just wondering how much they can access and disable without my knowledge, meaning can people hack in to Nexx and access my garage?
• This is currently under “concern” but can easily be a “Con”. Nexx is looking in to my issue. The app size supposed to be 18.3MB. Nexx said with the logs it should be around 20MB. For some reason my data for my app is taking up 1.93GB. If they cannot fix this, this issue will definitely be going under con.
- Allows you to setup multiple users
- Garage Door up warning
- Detailed Notifications (Since there are multiple users at play here you get a notification that states <Wifey> Opened <House> closed) Great feature when you wonder who opened the garage.
- Support (They will provide feedback within 24 hours)
- Confirmed it works with Amazon Echo (Just remember to enable the skill)
- Documentation - After connecting the Nexx Garage to your Wifi Network the instructions are sketchy. I have a Craftsman 1.2 HP and the instructions included do not work for this unit. I had to reach out to support and spend time on Sears Youtube channel to figure out the correct connections to open an close the door.
- Setup Time - Nexx Garage states 20 minutes to get this device stood up. In reality it takes about 4 to 5 hours. You have to figure in time to run to your local hardware store to pick up a few items, configuration problems with connecting to your garage door (Especially, if you have a Craftsman.), and next is mounting the sensor that required additional effort.
- Cost - This device should be around the $50 - $75 range because of all of the additional work required.
- You will need tools in addition to a drill.
Nexx Garage is a good product once you have it stood up and the sensors in place. The user interface is good. I just wish they had a Web GUI interface that you could access from your PC or MAC. I also wish they would have provided a mounting bracket in addition to the 4 screws.
Before you get started here are a few tips...(not necessarily in this order)
1. Visit the Nexx Garage website and confirm your garage door opener is compatible.
2. Take a look at the installation examples. You can find them on Nexx Garage's website under Support> Install Examples. (I will also share a few photos that will help.
3. Review their installation videos.
4. Measure to see how much clearance you have this will help in determining how much room you have for cables and mounting the sensor.
5. Once you have the device take a trip to the local hardware store and bring one of the sensors with you.
Here are the items I picked up:
1. Simpson Strong-Tie 20-Gauge 1-1/4 in. x 9 in. Strap Tie $0.93 (Used to mount the sensor on the garage door. They come in various sizes.
Pick the length that makes sense for your garage door. The product is bendable but strong enough to keep the sensor in place.)
2. A small bag of screws (6), lock washers, and nuts(6). roughly $4
3. Surge Suppressor $5 (To power cycle the device, if needed. Make sure the surge suppressor is mountable.)
4. Zip Ties
5. (Industrial strength) Velcro (Nexx Garage provides some small pieces of Velcro. I just wanted something a little more reliable. I attached the
Nexx Garage to the back of motor.)
6. Bicycle Hook to hold the cable away from the door. $.75
I added a few photos for additional info... I also included a picture of the correct connections for Craftsman owners.
All in all it is a solid unit as long as you have stable wifi connection this is a very good investment.