Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2009
"NFL: America's Game--Pittsburgh Steelers: The Story of Six Championships" has a singular distinction for me. It is the FIRST sports-related DVD that I have EVER bought, and nearly the first sports-related item of any kind. I'm not really a sports fan--I don't even have ESPN! However, as a native Pittsburgher, I do watch Steelers games whenever I can. So I happened to be wandering through Sam's Club one day and spotted this DVD on display at the end of an aisle (see, product placement does work). The brilliant yellow-and-black package practically leaped off the shelf at me. I picked one up and read the blurb on the back. It looked pretty interesting--a set of 6 DVDs covering each of the Steelers' Super-Bowl-winning seasons from 1974 through 2008, with game highlights, coach and player interviews, etc. So I ordered it from Amazon (the price was a little better, plus no sales tax--a no-brainer).

All I can say is "Wow!" This is one of the slickest, best-produced, most remarkable documentary DVD sets that I've seen in many years. Each season gets about an hour of coverage, with a 45-minute-or-so feature program plus 10 or 15 minutes of special features. The set is everything I hoped for and then some--fascinating archival game and training footage, rare photographs, relevant interviews, outstanding narration, vibrant transfers, and on, and on. The quality, production values and sheer amount of information presented are outstanding. I haven't even watched all six seasons yet, and I'm still completely enthralled. What a great buy!

If you're a Steelers fan and own a DVD player, you should buy this set. Oh, and make sure you pick up a Terrible Towel for Super Bowl XLIV...(or XLV or XLVI...).
on April 22, 2013
"NFL: America's Game--Pittsburgh Steelers: The Story of Six Championships" is the best collection of sports DVDs I've ever seen! I've been a Steelers fan since 1971, when I moved there as a small child. I vaguely remember the first two Super Bowl wins and remember well the next two. Of course the most recent two are fresh in my mind. Each DVD presents a synopsis of the Super Bowl season mixed with commentary from old Steelers like Mean Joe Greene and Mel Blount. It was awesome to see these old heroes of mine talking about the games. The DVDs also gave me a greater appreciation for Chuck Noll, who was undoubtedly a genius. I couldn't recommend this product more for all Steelers fans, and even if you're just a regular football fan, you'll probably find these DVDs interesting. I'm so glad I bought this.
on August 10, 2017
My father was very happy with this.
on February 1, 2011
My husband and I bought the America's Game DVD's after the Steelers won superbowl XL and we just purchased the newest one from Superbowl XLIII and we couldn't be happier. If you are a true Steeler fan and you love the team's history, you will love this DVD. The quality of the films are amazing. There's something about the music and the way that they are shot and edited...it's very dramatic and really get's you pumped up for the season! We love seeing all of the past players and their commentaries. We play it during every season and have never been disappointed.
on June 1, 2017
A GIFT THAT WAS WELL RECEIVED BY FAMILY MEMBER!
on April 21, 2017
As expected!!!!
on February 16, 2017
The only disappointment was that I had already seen most of these on the NFL Network, and I am wondering if I could have viewed on demand. They are nice to have though, and I will watch again. Love the early days.
on February 13, 2016
Ordered as a Christmas gift for hubby and he loved it.. He immediately set and watched all the highlights from the games and enjoyed the history of his favorite team.. Great service and shipping!!!
on October 8, 2016
Be aware they are not 16.9 wide screen. The series is in standard format. The series itself on the other hand is excellent.
on October 8, 2016
Great addition to America's best football team. A true dynasty. These discs are part of my most treasured collection.