BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

NFL a Football Life Season 1
Format: DVD|Change

on November 15, 2012
This is a fantastic product from NFL films via the NFL Network. It offers a great glimpse into the lives and careers of both well known coaches and legends of the game(Tom Landry, Al Davis, Mike Ditka, Walter Payton) with more contemporary careers such as Bill Belichik and Kurt Warner. There's also the powerful tale of Reggie White and Jerome Brown and a look at the work of Ed Sabol. An almost perfect mix of narration, images and music make this a quality series, well worth repeated viewings. "America's Game" is the gold standard world wide for these types of documentaries (I am an Australian so have a wide experience to call on).If anything these are even better!
on May 2, 2015
I bought this DVD and Season Two for my husband as a gift for Valentine's Day, and it came in perfect condition. We enjoy watching the show on television, and had seen most of the episodes previously, but I thought it would be nice to purchase all of the episodes so that we could catch up on any we missed, and re-watch our favorites at our leisure. The package arrived on time, which was nice, and was packaged nicely so as not to damage the items. They were listed as "New", and arrived in plastic wrapping with no scratches or dents. Definitely worth the money.
on August 30, 2013
I bought primarily for my favorite athlete of all time, Walter Payton. His story is very well captured in the series showing his remarkable hard work and achievements. The other stories are all good and interesting. I learned a lot of details that I did not know before.
on February 3, 2013
Any fan of NFL Films will not be disappointed ... the traditional drama and high quality is maintained in each story. People have told me that this is not for casual football fans, but only for those fantantics that find themselves having withdrawal symtoms in March and April and needing a football fix to get them through to the start of the pre-season ... this will help.
on September 13, 2017
Husband loved it!
on June 1, 2015
This film series is my favorite production of all time. I am a communications major, and my dream job would be to work alongside NFL Films. They put so much passion and time into these, you can feel how much they care about it as you watch. I coached middle school football for two years before returning to school, and I would have the kids watch these to teach them about former NFL greats. If you are even a casual fan of professional football, I would recommend this DVD set.
on July 15, 2014
I watch it on the NFL Network and when I found out that A Football Life was available on DVD, I knew I had to buy it. It has great stories on football legends.
on October 14, 2013
My husband was thrilled to get this dvd as a "I love you" gift. He's watched the series on cable tv and now that it's his, he can watch it over and over and over again, which believe me he will, lol! Also my female co-worker who's a huge football fan said this is an excellent series. All-in-all a great buy!
on December 31, 2016
This is a great series. NFL films does an excellent job. Every episodes was fun to watch, very interesting, and informative.
on November 11, 2012
Each documentary is very well-done. Legends from Walter Payton to Tom Landry,and the lives and bond between Jerome Brown and Reggie White to HOFer Mike Ditka are each detailed with equal detail.However, the true gems of this set are the fascinating inside look at Bill Belichick and an exclusive, lengthy 1997 interview with the late Al Davis. Additionally, very neat packaging make this well worth the price.