About the Product
- All-New True Performance Skating - Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of today's NHL players. With a new layer of creativity added in-game, combined with control offered by the Skill Stick, you now have the entire toolset of an NHL player at your fingertips.
- EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. - With a completely overhauled A.I. system players are now fully aware of others on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter, and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever.
- All-New GM Connected - The franchise's most popular mode connects you and friends with the real world of hockey, allowing you to manage, play, or coach in a 30-team, human-controlled league. You can also take your GM Connected experience with you using the mobile companion app, ensuring that you'll never miss a single moment.
- NHL Moments Live - Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today's NHL. From Gagner's historic eight-point night and Crosby's epic return to the ice to new moments that are added throughout the season, you'll always be challenged to see if you have what it takes to play like a star.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
NHL 13 is EA SPORTS' 2012 release in their long-running National Hockey League Sports video game franchise. Packed with new and improved functionality, the game is designed to both delight longtime fans and convert new ones as they take to the ice in one of the fastest games on earth, and battle for the right to hoist the coveted Stanley Cup aloft. Game features include, a more authentic replication of the explosiveness, momentum, and speed of NHL play, new online game modes, improved AI, multiplayer action, improved goalie abilities, online leagues, and more.
Every Stride Matters on This Ice
NHL 13 features revolutionary True Performance Skating functionality. The biggest innovation for the franchise in six years, True Performance Skating accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today's NHL play. Players also sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in "GM Connected," the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and online team play, or relive the greatest moments from today's NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience.
True Performance Skating
Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, NHL 13 authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of NHL players. Adding a whole new layer of creativity for players to discover on the ice, combined with the control offered by the skill stick, NHL 13 finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player.
EA SPORTS Hockey IQ
Experience a completely overhauled A.I. system. With NHL 13, players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever developed for the franchise.
NHL 13 now features the most athletic goalies ever seen in a video game. In the first period or with the game on the line, your favorite netminders scramble with more versatility and anticipate like never before.
The franchise's most popular mode is now even more connected, allowing gamers to manage, play, or coach with and against friends in their own 30 team human controlled league. GM's can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they'll never miss a single moment.
Be a Pro/EASHL
Be a Pro and the EA SPORTS Hockey League return, with improved matchmaking, EASHL Club Captaincy.
Team First Presentation
Featuring the ability to customize your NHL 13 experience based on your team and refined on-ice presentation, NHL 13 delivers the most authentic-looking NHL hockey experience to-date.
NHL Moments Live
Rewrite or relive history as gamer's replay some of the most thrilling moments from today's NHL. From Gagner's historic eight-point night to Crosby's epic return from injury, to new moments added when available, gamers will be continuously challenged to see if they have what it takes to play like a star.
Hockey Ultimate Team
Combine the fun of NHL 13 on-ice play, while adding in elements of managing, trading and collecting of hockey players to form the Ultimate Team. Featuring a revamped design, improved reward system and an exciting new playoff format, this is your chance to create the Ultimate NHL squad.
Multiplayer Action on the Ice
NHL 13 allows players to take to the ice, whether they are playing locally at home or online. The Xbox 360 version of the game supports 1-4 players locally and 2-12 online on Xbox LIVE.
Multiplayer online and offline.
EA SPORTS Hockey League.
Create the ultimate NHL team.
Top Customer Reviews
Game. I can't believe I am going to fault a game for being a game. But here I go nonetheless.
Anyone familiar with this series knows that there isn't really a happy medium difficulty. "Pro Difficulty" is far too easy and "All-Star Difficulty" is way too hard. And it's not harder because the computer is smarter. It is harder because the computer can skate faster and steal the puck without performing an action (something the player must do to steal the puck i.e poke-check, stick-lift, etc). The AI aggressively pursues the puck carrier and forces a turn over. It's not positional hockey... it's like an NHL team playing a pee-wee team.
So how can we fix this? I know! We'll give the AI a sprint capability.
The new skating engine is actually pretty amazing. It does a great job of putting you in the skates of an NHL player. Your control is immensely improved and it all feels exhilarating rushing on offense.
This would all play so amazingly well if the AI skaters skated backward slower than you can "sprint" forward. Finally (in theory) you could skate faster than the AI (if only during the rush) and no longer feel dogged by faster skaters with super-human puck stealing capability. Except this is plainly not the case. Playing the AI on "Pro difficulty" is roughly the same as playing NHL 11 or 12 on "All star". The AI will take the puck from you if you get within 25 feet of him. Sprint or no sprint. If you skate near a AI player you will lose the puck. Are you Crosby or Ovenchkin? Guess what - against the AI it doesn't matter at all.Read more ›
1. I mostly play EASHL and all I see and hear is "nice poke check." Poke check, poke check, poke check. Way over powered and very irritating.
2. I guess legal interference is back, b/c I've been knocked down a bunch of times w/out the puck, far away from the net w/out a call.
3. Hitting. Broken. (You get knocked down by the CPU, who is standing still, and then you bounce up and down on the ice?) Passing. Broken. (Passing to a guy wide open shouldn't require prayer). Computer AI. Still laughably broken (There isn't a time when I call for the puck where I don't expect the computer to do something idiotic).
4. "Nice poke check."
5. The skating backward from end to end garbage has now been legitimized? They took out the vision control button, which was actually useful, and replaced it with the "skate backward whenever you want" button? Who goes on a breakaway and then decides, "you know what might work here? Skating backward."
6. So now we have to wait longer to start a lobby game? They took the enjoyment of waiting in line at the DMV and combined it with having to listen to idiots, all as a reward to play a terrible game.
7. Goals don't feel like accomplishments. Make an amazing deke, slip a pass by a defender (somehow), get a pass right back and the goaltender is sipping coffee waiting for the top shelf shot. BUT, take a shot from some stupid angle and it goes in.
At least in NHL 12, when I was annoyed, I could run into the boards and injure myself. As a coup de grâce, you can no longer do that. So, I just injure my self in real life by slapping my forehead for playing this game.
I don't even think the girls in the crowd are hot anymore. How do you screw that up?
I hate this game@$@#$@#
For Be A Pro:
-After playing many seasons in the CHL, your player's progress will be wiped as soon as you enter the NHL
-Your GM will end up ditching everyone good on your NHL team in a few years, you will most likely be surrounded by players rated in the 60s and 70s and they wont re-sign anymore. Makes be a pro pretty much unplayable
-Your player will constantly get taken off for a shift with a faceoff no matter how long you have been on the ice or even if you are a 1st line player for like 10 seconds
-Try asking for a trade? You either have no value or are too valuable.
-Point per game as a defenseman and high +/-? Not good enough for the NHL, you get sent down.
Be a GM:
-CPU teams will constantly make trades for a bunch of garbage, drop a superstar to waivers, and then the other team will instantly pick them up on waivers
-You can't realistically do a fantasy draft as the computer teams will not take any of the prospects
I have been playing this series since nhl 01 and so far this may be the most frustrating one to date.
Graphics are similar to 12 (which is pretty good)
New skating takes a little to get used to but overall i feel like this could help the series
There are times when this game is actually fun producing great passing plays, great goals, and epic hits
Poke check: To start off the poke check is now your best use on defense. more than that it is your only defense. stick lift results in an automatic penalty and even if performed right the other player usually just grabs the puck before you do. you can poke check passes as well as shots. Ive seen players one timers simply poked out of the air sending the puck way off target.
Hitting can also be useful although a lot of the time a player will simply bounce off a mean hit and continue skating. With poke checking so effective there is really little need for other strategies often resulting in the puke being poked around the ice from one team to the other. I understand EA wanted to make it harder for players to simply dance around the ice like we could in 12 but i feel they took it way too far making even the simplest dekes almost impossible.
Scoring/Goalies: The goalies in this game have become unstoppable in the net and border line retarted in other aspects. Many a games have been lost by a goalie coming out to get the puck only to somehow miss it allowing an easy goal.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm been a faithful fan of this franchise since its launch on the Sega Genesis. To see it evolve to the game it has become is every sports gamers dream, EA Sports coined it so... Read morePublished 9 months ago by SoWhat