About the Product
- Deke, check, and shoot with the all-new NHL Slapshot Hockey Stick game accessory, included with NHL Slapshot. Simply plug the Wii Remote and Nunchuk into the hockey stick and take over any game like a true NHL All-Star.
- In Peewee to Pros Mode, start your hockey career as a Peewee on the neighborhood rink playing 3 on 3, and work your way through Bantam and Junior leagues, to 5 on 5 in the NHL.
- Play as NHL legend Wayne Gretzky and take to the ice as the Great One in Peewee to Pros mode, or in Play Now mode at any level. Gretzky also provides game day tips and coaching advice.
- Whether it's 3 on 3, or 5 on 5 games, play with or against all the real players and teams from the CHL, AHL, and NHL. Play through a full NHL Season and Playoffs, for your chance to hoist the Stanley Cup!
- Practice deking and shooting in a fun, split-screen minigame for players of every skill level. Take shots on net to beat the goalie, or use your Nunchuk and Wii Remote as your glove and blocker to defend the net!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
You started out like all the pros do: wobbly on the ice, playing three-on-three in the neighborhood rink. All that has changed now. You've trained and drilled until your blades dulled, and you've earned your spot on the NHL roster. Now the pressure is on: it's the championship game and the Stanley Cup is within your grasp. There's one minute to go and you hurl yourself toward the puck, feel it nestle against your stick and bolt into a breakaway. You hear the scraping of your opponents' blades close behind you. Your muscles tire but you hold your stick firmly in your hands. The goal is just feet away and the moment is yours for the taking: will you make the championship-winning Slapshot and become a hockey legend?
All of the realistic, exhilarating action is in your own two hands when you pick up the NHL Slapshot hockey stick accessory - skillfully deke, check and shoot with the stick and watch your moves translate into real-time action on your screen. When you control every move, it's up to you to make all of your hockey dreams come true. Start as a peewee and work your way up to play with all of your NHL heroes in a demanding career mode. Do you want to achieve the ultimate level of hockey greatness? Seize the opportunity to take the ice as "The Great One," Wayne Gretzky, and experience what it's like to be a living legend. Whether you're riveting your eyes to the prize or just shooting the net with friends in fun mini games, you'll never want to unlace your skates and step away from NHL Slapshot.
- From the makers of NHL 10, winner of 12 "Sports Game of the Year" awards
- Features an all-new, accessible and intuitive NHL Slapshot hockey stick game accessory that attaches to your Wii Remote and Nunchuk to put every pass, shot, check and deke into your hands (Wii Remote and Nunchuk not included)
- Become an NHL All-Star by beginning at the peewee level and working your way through junior and bantam leagues to five-on-five in the NHL
- Have fun playing three-on-three in the neighborhood rink or feel the pressure of five-on-five NHL play
- Level up your skills and attributes as you learn hockey fundamentals during your journey to the pros
- Take to the ice in jersey #99 as "The Great One," Wayne Gretzky, so you can live out your ultimate hockey dream
- Get exclusive game-day tips and coaching advice from "The Great One" himself
- Play with or against all the real players and teams from the CHL, AHL and NHL
- Play through a full NHL season and playoffs for your chance to hoist the Stanley Cup
- Split-screen shootout mini game is a fun way to practice and perfect your skills: take shots on the net to beat the goalie or use your Nunchuk and Wii Remote as glove and blocker to guard the goal
- Four over-the-the top multiplayer games let you share the fun with friends and family, from the mayhem of Free 4 All to the pressure of Classic Shootout, the fun of two-on-two and the competition of Shooter vs. Goalie
- For 1 to 4 players
Top Customer Reviews
Then I went home and read the reviews from different gaming site - and everyone gave it solid marks (B-A-) but constantly mentioned that it wasn't for hardcore gamers - that scoring 7+ goals was common and that things weren't realistic enough. Disappointed, I checked it off my "things I want for Christmas" list.
Then, ironically, my wife gave it to me as a present - she saw how much I loved the 2K10 game - so I put on tentative smile and thanked her. I was hoping, if anything, that since Slapshot was more arcade like, we could actually play it together unlike 2K10 which is a bit complex at times.
I popped the disc in later that night and started playing the PeeWee to Pro mode (where you create your own player and start off as a little dude in the outside rinks and have to move your way up through the leagues). The arcadeness came out right away - checking and shooting was definitely fun - just move the stick as you would instinctively - but the scores were often double digits and checking sent the little guys flying across the ice. I must say my wife found it adorable to see lil baby Kane and Toews running around the ice - it has a cute factor to it.
So I upped the difficulty level to "superstar" - and now the game became very intense to play - quite competitive and fun - yet still double digit scores. It was like playing NBA Jam but for hockey.
However, then I came to see where so many reviewer went wrong.Read more ›
It definitely translated hockey well to the Wii and have no complaints so far. I would give this a higher mark, but have yet to get too far into a season and Pee Wee to Pros mode.
If you're looking for a more realistic hockey game, this may not be for you. But control wise it's tons of fun and does make you feel like you are part of the game.
The only con of this game is that sadly EA does not make a new Wii one each year!
PS- it is interesting that the best hockey games I ever played have "The Great One" Gretzky's name to them...Bethesda's Wayne Gretzky 1 & 2 for the legacy PC and now this Gretzky one for the Wii.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the most fun games I've ever owned. Several years past production and still good. Wish they updated rosters online, but that's a small gripe.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
tough to fit i found some other ones on eBay from different manufacturerPublished 9 months ago by Ash
My 7 year old son loves all forms of hockey: watching games; playing knee, street, roller and ice hockey. He wasn't disappointed with this game. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Stephen Walkauskas
Great game! Lots of hun. Just wish EA sports would update the rosters for the teams - you have to manually do it if you want to have current NHL rosters - last updated in 2010 -... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Mountain Man Mark
This is easily the best Hockey game on the Wii. I was surprised. I have all of the 2k series and even the Mario sports one with hockey. This one is the best. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Galina
Bought this for my son and he loves playing the game with his friends and I. Has great game modes from playing pond hockey to playing in pro arenasPublished 15 months ago by Sieve2
Stick fell apart and bottom of stick went flying.. I was there when it happened , no missuse He is 4 so no more stick....Published 16 months ago by Karen