To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
NIV Audio Bible Dramatized CD Audio CD – Unabridged, November 9, 2001
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Overall it is very respectful.
2. The voices are generally not overly dramatic, and yet sufficiently expressive.
3. The voices are very clear and pleasant to listen to.
4. The music and sounds are mostly calm, appropriate and respectful.
5. Using different voices for different speakers enhances the hearing of the text and the listening experience.
6. There are different narrators for different Bible books, giving some variety in style.
7. The text is exactly the NIV text, word for word.
8. There are helpful brief introductions to each Bible book.
9. Each chapter is on a separate track, so it is easy to select which chapter to listen to.
1. The sounds and music are sometimes overly dramatized, occasionally detracting from the Biblical text.
2. The vocalization of "selah" in the Psalms is unnecessary and somewhat annoying.
3. The decision as to which voices should be used is sometimes subjective and interpretive (eg what verses of the Song of Solomon are to be attributed to the different speakers is a controversial and difficult exegetical matter). To be fair, the audio Bible simply follows the interpretation suggested in the headings of the NIV translation, so this is more of an issue with the translation, not the recording.
4. Although the chapters that are on each CD are printed on the CD itself, an additional booklet with this information would be helpful.
5. Some Bible books are read somewhat too fast by the narrator (eg Jonah).
6.Read more ›
I chose the NIV because it's simple and easy to comprehend for me (I get lost with all the "thou's, shalt's, etc." in the King James version). I read a review here once that bashed this NIV bible CD because it wasn't the King James version and it wasn't in "God's words". Well guess what? Unless you speak and read Hebrew they are all translations!
I also chose this CD dramatized version because I'm on the road 4hrs a day along with a regular 8hr work day and have very little time to sit down and read.
The dramatization really helps to visualize the scenarios. On rare occasions it does get slightly cheesy, but overall it's very tasteful.
If you're new to religion and/or need something laid out right in front of you in plain simple English this is EXACTLY what you need!
Worth every cent!
The actual dramatized reading of the Bible is excellently done and I am very impressed with it. My experience with similar products from other publishers has been that the dramatization is highly overacted and includes background music that more suited to a Cecil B. DeMille movie than an audio Bible. Zondervan strikes a perfect balance between the dramatization and the reading such that it is a joy to listen to and effectively pulls the listener into the story.
This is the perfect choice for those who plan to listen to it for at least half an hour or more at a time. If you plan to listen for shorter periods of time you may be better off choosing the much larger 64 CD audio product. The perfect combination of size and dramatization makes the NIV Audio Bible: Dramatized a highly recommended choice.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The NIV does not have the same scriptures as the King James old or new, or the New Living Translation or the Amplified. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Joi Song
The product is excellent. I wish it was in mp3 format. About the vendor and what I received I have to complain. One cd was missing and a couple of disks were scratched. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Danny