Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on April 10, 2012
I have the Kindle edition of this book.
I use this book for part of my morning Bible reading/meditation as I read 1 Proverb a day. The insights this book offers into Proverbs are excellent & brief .
My only criticism is a small one & on format. The editors have their comments/insights 1st-- then they have the scripture. I would prefer the reverse as with a Kindle I must pass by the comments-read the verse-- then go back to comment. I like to read the verse 1st- hold it in my mind- THEN see what the editors have to say not vica versa. If I read comments 1st-- I read the verse with that "bias" or viewpoint in mind-- I prefer to be a "clean slate".
Well done, thoughtful without being preachy, short & succinct & provokes good Biblical meditation. Scripture 1st would be preferred by me. I would encourage the editors to do a similar book on Psalms.
on May 6, 2012
If there's anything our world needs today (from both an individual and a collective standpoint), it's wisdom. The Bible makes it clear that wisdom begins with the fear of the LORD (Proverbs 9:10), and if we lack wisdom all we need to do is ask God who gives it to all liberally and without criticizing (James 1:5). When I found this book as a free download for Kindle, I was quick to snatch it up, eager for my own healthy dose of wisdom.

I wasn't disappointed. Separated into daily readings of the Proverbs--one day for each chapter--each one begins with a devotional interconnected with a verse from Proverbs. I found the devotionals to be "spot on" scripturally, and packed with nuggets of truth. And each nugget challenged my thinking and my walk. If you're searching for a little wisdom for your own life, I highly recommend NIV Once-a-Day 31 Days of Wisdom.
on July 3, 2012
review I used this as a devotional with my daily bible reading. It's perfect to use for that purpose OR as a stand alone, or once-day read. There are 31 chapters, one for each day filled with Gods wisdom - the lesson He wants us to know & live by. There is also the writers a reflection at the end of each chapter.
on June 2, 2012
This book is setup perfectly to read in one month, but mostly it's helpful that there are 31 chapters in Proverbs. The first page of each day expands on a verse or two from that day's chapter to give encouragement or wisdom taken from the words of Proverbs, then the remaining day is filled with the chapter of Proverbs for that day.

Proverbs is kind of hit or miss with me. I tried to find meaning in all of the verses, but some just don't seem to apply to the current times or perhaps to me. However, mixed in with the ones that don't apply are multitudes of verses that do apply to my life today. It's well worth the read, and Zondervan put together something that makes me feel accomplished for reading the book without a huge time commitment.
on November 24, 2012
As well all know, Solomon was a VERY wise man. While we can all pick up the bible and read Proverbs, this publication offers an introduction (Reflection) before each proverb that helps set the stage for what you are about to read as well as offering additional cross references. Make this a part of your daily devotional. While there are only "31 Days" I plan to start over at the beginning of each month since I tend to receive additional insight when going back and reading scripture again at a later date. I guess wherever we are in life tends to influence our perceptions of what God wants us to understand at the time.
on May 21, 2012
As always, every purchase has been just as it should be, delilverd on/or about the day that it was promised. Way to Go Amazon I like the fact that I am kept abreast of any and all specials what new on Amazon, What new for my Kindle Fire. Cupons for stores in my neighborhood. For the first time I have received credit that I can use on future purchases, how cool is that. I will continue to use Amazon and recommend that all my friend do as well. Your book selection's are up to date and feature book anywhere from free to somtimes as low as $1.99 I use the above mention book as a partner with my Bible that I also purchased from Amazon Books.
on December 5, 2012
I would recommend this book to anyone, whether you are a new christian or one who has believed for a while this book has beautiful devotions.
on December 31, 2016
Great way to keep focused on daily walking with truth and wisdom from God's word. Great start to your morning.
on December 24, 2012
I always enjoy The Proverbs, and this devotional is a good companion to add to the study. I would recommend.
on January 26, 2017
This book is such an inspiration. It adds so much to my daily devotional routine!