Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,390 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,670 reviews
on September 6, 2015
I had bought a cheaper brand and was very dissatisfied. This NIX product has all the features I wanted including a USB port, SD card port, remote, head phone port, etc. The pictures come up clear without distortion. The design is great and very user friendly. When I loaded it with the over 1000 pictures in my library it made me homesick as I am from Trinidad and living in the USA. Don't try to save yourself a few dollars and miss out on these great features. I checked out their 12" model and it has basically the same features but just a larger version. I felt that this was just right to sit on my coffee table.
review image
on November 29, 2012
First let me say I am a tech nut and have a good eye for flaws in technology products. Upon booting this up with an SD card inserted, it immediately starts playing my pictures. So even if you're an idiot, using this should not be difficult, at all.

The screen is VERY high quality for a photo frame. Colors are vivid and the viewing angle is VERY good. You will notice almost no degradation in the image at any left or right angle, or from the top. The only time the image degrades is if you look at it from below - almost every photo frame I've seen does this though. Make sure the frame sits at or below whatever level people will be at when they look at it and you're fine.

Another note, when I received the frame, photos were sharp but dull. I turned the Saturation setting all the way up and now photos have perfect color (not oversaturated, the way they should look). So be aware of this if colors look a bit dull upon first use. I didn't need to change any other settings.

Of note too is that this frame does a phenomenal job of shrinking down large photos to fit the frame. It uses 'bicubic sharper' reduction so the images retain incredible sharpness when reduced in size by the frame to fit the screen.

The motion sensor works perfectly. No false alarms and no having it turn off when I'm sitting right in front of it.

Having used Sony and a host of others in the past, they aren't even close. I highly recommend this frame.

EDIT: I heard from other reviewers that NIX was asking people who buy this to rate it 5 stars on Amazon for a chance to win something. Mine did not come with this card asking for a review nor was I asked to or paid to post this review. I posted it simply because the frame is very nice.

Also some people mentioned the transitions on this frame are bad. Not that they are even really noticeable, but they seem fine to me.
1212 comments| 837 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2014
The digital frame worked well for about 3 1/2 months. Now, some of the frames come up half black and some completely black. Very disappointed in the quality. I would not purchase this time again.
review image review image review image
on June 29, 2016
Nice frame, but there are a few improvements that need to be made. At $50 it's too pricey. It's simple technology - it shouldn't cost nearly as much as it does. Also,having to convert videos, in order to have them play on the frame is a pain! But I will say that their customer service is AWESOME!! They are patient and knowledgeable, and will work with you until the problem is solved. They return calls and emails, promptly, and even called me back when we got disconnected! There is no way I could have figured out which conversion app to use, and all the setting, without their guidance - don't even try it - call them! Once properly converted, the frame had no problem playing the videos. The volume doesn't go very high, though, so it can be hard to hear the audio. Finally, I wish there was a way to permanently rotate the pics and vidoes that load upside-down or sideways. I don't think there is a digital frame out there that includes all the forementioned features. Maybe Apple will market one someday, but until then, I believe this is the best we have, of what's available.

***Update*** I found out the newer version of this frame - X08E - includes the ability to permanently rotate the pictures and videos on the frame, itself! It's about $20 more, but might be worth it. And again, I can't say enough about their customer service - the representative I spoke with, Ann, has the patience of Jobe! I kept her on the phone for quite a while - my computer is slow and I'm not very computer savvy. She knew that frame and supporting software like she had developed them herself! She walked me through every issue until my photos and videos played to my satisfaction. VERY impressed!!
on April 28, 2014
I already have a digital frame that I like but it's a little smaller so decided to keep that one at home and purchase two of these; one for my husband's work office and one for mine. The picture quality is good (basically whatever quality the photo is will be what you see), the look of the frame itself is good, and the convenience of the remote is good.

The major drawback for me (and what is prompting me to see if I can return these now) is that I can't permanently rotate the photos on the frame. The flash drive I filled with photos contains pics from my digital Nikon camera and from my iPhone. The Nikon photos look great and are oriented as expected. The iPhone photos are all sideways and rotated 90 degrees. At first I thought that would be fine, I can use the remote to rotate the photos and we're good. But the next time the frame cycles through the photos they're in the incorrect orientation again. I went to the actual file itself on the frame and rotated them there. That didn't work. So I reformatted the photos on the flash drive by rotating them 90 degrees, saved them again and put them back on the frame. They still show up sideways.

It's just unfortunate that I have to use the frame for my Nikon photos only. I'd like to have a frame that can support those photos as well as my iPhone photos. If it weren't for that drawback I would be keeping the frames.
on November 21, 2014
This is a simple, good quality easy to use Digital Photo Frame. The frame requires external storage (like an SD Card). I picked up one of these for my grandmother's 90th birthday, loaded 200 photos on it and some Vivaldi tracks to play in the background. At first several of the photos were extremely blurry and I had to re-size them with Picasa (photo program by google.)

All in all I am very happy with this digital photo frame, the picture quality is good, it allows you to load on music and I am purchasing a second for myself and a third for my girlfriend's parents.

Please be aware that you will need external storage for the photos, I bought SanDisk 8GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDB-008G-AFFP (Label May Change) from Amazon which cost me just under $6 dollars which is a much better deal than most brick & mortar stores. 8 GB should also be more than enough storage to fit 500-2000 photos (less if you load videos or music).
on July 13, 2015
I bought this for my mom to replace a much older digital frame I bought her years ago when they first started to become popular. She mangled the pins in the CF slot of that one, so I figured that I would just get her a new one. It had to be better than years ago, and an SD card would be safer for her. No pins to mangle. The NIX frame arrived, and at first it seemed nice. The sticker on the screen was a real pain. I got it off without damaging the screen, though I was nervous. All was fine until I plugged it in. As soon as the screen came on, I knew how poor it was. A narrow viewing angle. I mean very narrow. Unless you are looking from a specific spot, you won't be able to see the picture. Just horrible and it should not be sold as it is. My mom's very old frame from I think 2006 has a far wider viewing angle. Considering the abysmal viewing angle of the NIX, you'd think that at least you would be able to adjust the frame angle while sitting on a desk. Nope. The stand is fixed, so no way to adjust. They must know the viewing angle is awful, but they still sell it with a fixed, non adjustable stand. Really? If you don't happen to be sitting at the correct height and angle, you won't see the picture. This may sound harsh, but I suggest that you do NOT buy this product.
on April 28, 2016
I ended up returning this because the small stand that comes with it was broken and would not attach to the frame. Ultimately I ended up just returning it and not exchanging it because the plastic frame was so unappealing and my husband was convinced there was something better out there. I have yet to find anything better on Amazon or even on sale online, so my husband ended up making a wood frame and attached essentially a tablet to it to make our own unique frame. It's a shame these plastic frames are the best that's out there to buy for digital frames right now as they are so unattractive. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere (and by elsewhere I mean outside of Amazon because this style is really the only kind of digital frame I could really find on Amazon, but maybe you'll have better look on other websites).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2013
The product is somewhat misleading. After reading some of the other reviews I knew I would have to adjust the resolution of my pictures. What I did not know is that you can only get so many pictures to play on the frame regardless of the size of the SD card. The website says that due to the processor built into the frame I should be able to put just over 1000 pictures onto an SD card but I was only ever able to see 177 pictures no matter what I tried. So I'm just going to buy a bunch of 512MB SD cards and swap them out at will. It would have been nice to know that there was limitations. I would have gladly paid a lot more for a frame that was capable of holding a great deal more photos.
on December 6, 2013
This frame work very well for its primary function, displaying of pictures, but it does have a few quirks. First, even with the setting on sequential, for some picture naming schemes the display order is not what you would expect. For example, if I name the pictures 2013-11-01_001 through 009, pictures 004 and 005 might come first, then 001, and so forth. But if I go into the file manager and click on the starting picture, the pictures will display in the right order. Also, the video playback feature is rather finicky about how the video was encoded. It took some experimenting to come up with a setting that it would accept and playback smoothly, but once you get it right, it works well.

On the plus side, the email support is quick, and they are very helpful. They even follow up to make sure your questions are answered and problems resolved. The viewing angle and picture quality is fine.

Bottom line, once you figure out the few quirks it does its job very well. And if you just want to slap a memory card in there full of pictures and enjoy the view, this is the frame for you.