Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on March 28, 2012
This book is perfect for my toddler aged son because it's short and to the point. I like that it really demonstrates that children get to be the boss of their own body. It educates children in following their feelings and putting up boundaries when they feel uncomfortable, even if it's a hug or tickles that makes them feel uncomfortable. I read this book to my 5 year old son as an introduction to the topic. He really likes it and asks me to read it to him frequently. But I chose another book as our primary source for teaching about safety in this arena because it's much more comprehensive. The other book is "I said no" and I highly recommend that book for older children (maybe 4 and older). "No trespassing-this is my body" uses a "thumbs up, thumbs down" in talking about whether a touch makes them feel happy (hugs) or is keeping them clean (bathing, etc.) or for a touch that makes them feel uncomfortable, "yucky", or scared. And it talks about stating your boundaries, leaving the situation, and telling a parent or trusted adult. I never felt uncomfortable or weird while reading this. The content is very appropriate and is tastefully done. It's a great way to start a dialog and keep a dialog going by reading again and again.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2015
Great book. Gets right to the point without being overly creepy or weird. I bought it to ready to my toddler so that she would be well prepared in advance to be her own advocate if, God forbid, the situation ever presented itself. I'm a big believer in prevention is the best medicine... for everything. She loves this book and soaked it up like a sponge. This book also does a really good job of explaining situations where a child might have to have someone examine their body (for hygiene or health reasons) and who/when it's okay for that to happen. That was my biggest hurdle with a lot of other books. Most of them just tell the kids that no one should ever touch them ever... but with young kids that's not the case. I still have to help my toddler with hygiene care and if she needs to be examined by a doctor I don't want her to freak out because the doctor is looking at a "forbidden" area. This book addresses these topics, which I think is really great. Thanks!!!
on January 13, 2017
Buy the Safety School companion book and save yourself the $13 bucks. SS says the same thing but better and with other safety information.
on December 28, 2012
This is a great product for starting early with your kids about their bodies and what is inappropriate for an another to do. I also like how empowering it is to kids to teach them that they are in control of their bodies, not anyone else. I think kids may not realize that until they are told.

I have a 2.5 year old and wanted to start early telling him that he can say no, or tell us if anyone makes him uncomfortable. After reading this book several times, he seems aware that his body is his and he gets to decide what happens with it. We are sensitive to him telling us to stop tickling or wrestling during play too, to reiterate that a person should stop when he tells them, and if they don't it's not his fault. I know he is young, but I think this is a great introduction on being aware that not everyone is someone you can trust. It's just how the world is these days, and we have to equip our kids to know when to speak up from an early age.

I feel as my son gets older, this book, along with others, will help him to understand better, and give us a great foundation for open communication. This book is not scary or anything, and reads like any other story would, but teaches a valuable lesson.
on July 8, 2013
Our pediatrician suggested this type of book to teach our 4year old about private parts. I chose this book based on reviews and I feel that it was the right choice. It reads like any other children's book and our 4 year old enjoys reading it. I feel that it gets the point across of what private parts are and that we keep them private very well without being creepy or scary.
on June 13, 2017
I got this for my son. He hasn't shown much interest in it just yet, but I'm trying to hold on to hope that he will soon! It includes great lessons that kids should learn about boundaries and their bodies and what is okay and what isn't. It looks like it's an okay book, but maybe geared more towards the older kids, like maybe 8-10 ish.
on November 19, 2016
I love this book and my I read it to my kids once a week, they definitely understand the message, even at an early age.This book also opens the door to further discuss their growing bodies .A great book to have and its never too early to start reading it to them.
on June 15, 2016
purchased 2 copies of this {along with the Super Duper Safety School} - one for grand-daughter {born 2016_01.01} and great-grand-daughter, 3 1/2 yrs old. the great-grand-daughter loves both books - and has them read to her daily ..... enjoying, also, the question/answer time afterwards - of "what would you {she} do if........"
on May 15, 2016
This book made the point of personal body space and parts to my 3yr old in a clear and simple manner. It explains you don't have to let people touch you if you don't want and only certain people are can see your private parts (mom/dad when bathing and Dr when something is wrong). Definitely recommend it. Prevention starts with education.
on May 26, 2016
My body, my rules. I bought this with the safety school rules book and it followed right in line with what the first book taught. Really helped enforce what it ok touching (hugs, high fives, etc) to what is not ok. And to always tell an adult! Also talked more about "tricky people" and how to spot them! Totally worth it!