NOCS NS2-101US NS2 Air Monitors V2 Bookshelf Speaker (Black)
- Nocs NS2 Air Monitors are a set of Active speakers with AirPlay technology, allowing you to stream music wirelessly from your Mac, PC, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad
- Hand-built rubber coated MDF cabinets, Kevlar reinforced woofers and silk dome tweeters deliver powerful sound and great durability.
- 3-Inch Kevlar with dual magnets, 3/4-inch silk dome tweeters and Class D amplifier with 32 bit DSP
- Auxiliary input lets you can connect and play music from other devices that don't utilize AirPlay
- Active speakers with AirPlay technology, allowing you to stream music wirelessly from your Mac, PC, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
NS2 Air Monitors v2
Materials and design
Designed in Stockholm, Sweden with a contemporary, minimalistic mindset, the NS2 Air Monitors are one part exceptional speaker and one part beautiful interior design element. No matter where you put them, the NS2 Air Monitors are guaranteed to look great. Moreover, the NS2 comes in seven different colors, each drawn from a contemporary, timeless pallet, allowing you to select the NS2 that best suits your personal style and preferred environment.
Many wireless speakers sound good – but the NS2 Air Monitors take sound to another level by combining premium components with unparalleled ingenuity. Powerful and precise, the NS2 captures every instrument, every nuance, and delivers your music the way it was meant to be heard. A rich bass, pristine mid tones and flawless, revealing highs work in harmony to light up any room with tones that only the NS2 can deliver.
With the NS2 Air Monitors, you have three different options for streaming your music: Bluetooth, Spotify and AirPlay. Each technology provides its own unique benefits, but the one constant across all three is that the sound quality is spectacular.
Enjoy music in your home anytime and any room, courtesy of these three world-renowned streaming services.
Hear it everywhere at once.
Say you have one set of speakers in your bedroom, one in the office, and one in the living room. For the ultimate sonic panorama, you can stream your tunes to more than one room simultaneously, so you'll never lose the beat, no matter where you are in the house. Just choose Multiple Speakers from the AirPlay menu in iTunes. AirPlay works over Wi-Fi so you can stream music directly from your home network. So cut the cord and go Airplay!
Cut the cord
No more settling for poor audio from built-in laptop speakers and dock systems. No more cables crisscrossing your home or office. The NS2 is a high-quality hi-fi solution in a robust package, rendering lesser systems obsolete.
AirPlay, Bluetooth and Spotify Connect allow you to wirelessly stream music throughout your house and enjoy it anywhere, anytime. And since Apple Lossless is the conduit between the streaming source and the NS2, your music will sound pristine, just as the artist intended. A deep, accurate bass accompanied by well-balanced mids and reveling highs gives the NS2 a rich, natural sound that you’ll never get tired of.
- Active speakers with wireless technology, stream music from your Mac, PC, iOS, Android and WP8 device
- Award winning sound, with deep and accurate bass matched with well balanced mid tones and reveling highs
- Hand-built rubber coated MDF cabinets
- 3-inch Kevlar woofers with dual magnets, 3/4-inch silk dome tweeters and Class D amplifier with 32 bit DSP
- Auxiliary input lets you connect and play music from other devices that don't utilize the wireless technology
The Nocs NS2 Air Monitors are a set of Active speakers with AirPlay technology, allowing you to stream music wirelessly from your Mac, PC, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Turn your device into the ultimate music experience and enjoy the powerful sound from the NS2.
Top Customer Reviews
Back to the setup again, I have no clue if these were ever on the right firmware or not, I tried to update it like 20 times and it never told me if I was successful or not.
Upon figuring out they are based here in Chicago, I almost decided to email and ask for them to let me show them what I meant and if they had any different way of tuning or updating them...but I will instead return them and try the Sonos Play:1's & a sub.
My speakers had input switching problems, and the AUX input would stop working after a period of inactivity, making it necessary to execute a seemingly random and tedious input switching and setup process until they would finally start outputting what was being sent to the AUX input.
Their customer support was the worst I've experienced (believe it!). Their response time is between 1 week and never, and averages about 2 1/2 weeks to get a response to anything. There is no phone number available for support. Their support team has not seemed to have any training in support - they invalidate my claims that the speakers don't work right, and will outright not respond to reply emails detailing answers to their technical response questions. --?? They will lose context of the previous emails in the chain, making it necessary to start over on various points for each email. It has been 5 weeks since I've last asked them to reconsider. I my last plea to reconsider restated everything including the technical issue, the email history, and the refund confirmation, (because they lose email context). I don't think I will see the speakers or my money again.
1. Wi-Fi connection effects Bluetooth performance. If the speaker loses connection to your Wi-Fi network it goes through a reconnect process that will stop Bluetooth playback. I've got the most recent airport extreme so my Wi-Fi is pretty good, but in the city there's always going to be occasional interference. I just don't think that should have anything to do with Bluetooth connectivity so I took it off my Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth streaming became very reliable.
2. The speaker cannot handle more than one Bluetooth connection. If one device is connected, you must disconnect FROM THE CONNECTED DEVICE before being able to connect a different one. If you try to connect while a device is already connected, you will get a connection failure error. My UE Boom doesn't have this issue. I can alternate between my iPad and iPhone without issue.
3. The speaker must be on a Wi-Fi network in order to enter standby power mode. Because of issue 1. I reset the speaker and did not connect it to my network. I was able to get rocksolid Bluetooth performance this way. However, I am unable to wake the speaker up from standby mode with my phone. I suspect this is because if the speaker isn't properly setup, it never goes into standby paper mode.
4. Proprietary speaker connection. The speaker cable that connects the powered speaker to the unpowered speaker is proprietary. The long cable is too short to go between two nightstands on either side of a king size bed without being pulled completely taught.
I think much of this could be easily fixed and I'm hoping for a firearm update that does. If that happens I'll happily update my review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered Yellow and got Red.Read more
Wanting to hear music, pianos & violins, in my bedroom I took a chance on the NOC NS2 v2 Air Monitors.Read more