Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

DO NOT pre-order games - including Resident Evil 6 - from Amazon.com

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2012, 7:17:47 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 25, 2012, 11:43:33 PM PDT
I've been buying games from Amazon for about 8 years now and I have nothing to complaint about. If there was ever an issue, Amazon took care of me right away, as I can see they did with you by giving you a refund for shipping. If you don't want to buy from Amazon, so be it, more for the rest of us.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012, 6:55:00 AM PDT
Civil says:
Well said good sir

Posted on Sep 27, 2012, 10:37:52 PM PDT
dumb, why didn't you just download wow? they have been getting better with delivery but it depends how close you live to their warehouses.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012, 7:15:02 PM PDT
Mike Sanders says:
My copy of Borderlands 2 arrived at around noon on September 18th, once it ships it's the responsibility of UPS or Fedex or whoever you have deliver it.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012, 7:39:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2012, 7:40:37 PM PDT
Xander says:
If amazon doesnt ship today, Friday, I dont see how they will make October 2nd release shipping with Two day air. If they ship on October 1st, it'd need Next Day air to get there for release day. Now I know some people are lucky enough to live near one of their warehouses, but not everyone does.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012, 2:53:10 PM PDT
AiyuNeko says:
Why is a person whining about WoW and assuming the same thing will happen with RE6? That's like getting pissed off that a store opened at 9:01am instead of 9am as they stated and that ALL chain stores will not open at 9am because of one incident. Stupid assumptions you have.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012, 12:44:20 PM PDT
S. Menter says:
i did the pre-order for RE 6 about a month ago with the shiny "want it by October 2nd? chose one day shipping at checkeout" and I did so. now I just checked UPS, and according to their tracking website, it didn't even ship out until this morning. it just said "Order Processed" and listed 2 day air. correct me if i'm wrong here, but isn't 2 day air the used for the people choosing 2 day delivery? if it doesn't come in by 7 tonight, i'm going to call Amazon and get my shipping charges refunded, because that's bullshit. I work hard for my money, and i should get the service I damn well pay for.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012, 2:05:59 PM PDT
You should call Amazon and yes, you should get the shipping charges refunded. But I think UPS is more to blame here than Amazon. I've had problems with Fedex doing the same. Amazon creates the shipping order, but the carrier fails to pick it up or process it acordingly.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012, 9:00:03 PM PDT
Sam says:
It's easy to blame FedEx or UPS. The problem is they cannot pick up and ship the packages at any time. They do have a cutoff time so the flights can be made. Amazon knows the drill. For some reason they are filling the orders later in the day. Back during the summer, my games would process in the morning, now they are shipping after 1800 CST. My RE 6 hasn't even shipped yet. Oh well, beats going to Wal-Mart

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 9:23:19 AM PDT
I pre-ordered with release day shipping. Item went shipping soon late Sunday night with a delivery date of 10/3. By Monday afternoon the shipping updated to 10/2 and I received it on 10/2.

The scenario I described happens like clockwork EVERY TIME I order a game from Amazon and request release day shipping.

I'm sure there are variances for different locales and destinations, but it's been pretty consistent for me for the last 3 years.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 7:19:18 PM PDT
Unit543 says:
wheres my pitchfork for this OP.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 11:15:15 PM PDT
lightswitch says:
Never had any problem with release day deliveries (Other than me forgetting that it's release day and getting surprised)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 5:48:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012, 5:48:41 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
I've had numerous instances of release-date delivery arriving a day late from Amazon. (Not because of the carrier -- because Amazon didn't ship on schedule.) And the reps were always completely oblivious, offering very little in the way of helpful information.

Lately, it's not even an option (unless you want to pay a bunch more $$) so I don't know how bad the problem still is. Also lots of damaged stuff coming from Amazon, including, most recently, heavy damage to my Borderlands Ultimate Loot Chest (which can't be replaced - $160 down the drain).

Those of you reporting "never" having a problem, consider yourself lucky. Amazon is *not* problem free, by a wide margin.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about