|Item Weight||273 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||43 x 11 x 19 inches|
|Item model number||24221|
|Material||Iron & Cast Iron|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Lathe, Motor, Stand, Live Center, Spur Center, Manual, Fastenings, Toolrest, Faceplate|
|Warranty Description||5 Years Limited|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $154.69 shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
NOVA 1624 II 16 x 24" 8 Speed Wood Lathe, Black (SKU 24221)
|Price:||$1,079.99 ($0.77 / Piece) & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The immensely popular Nova 1624 Lathe is back, updated with a fresh look and black color with all the thoughtful award winning features you know, love and expect from Nova.
- Bowl turning capacity: 400mm/16″ onboard. 740mm/29″ outboard. (Using optional outrigger accessory)
- Between centers: Standard 600mm/24″. Extendable to as long as you want in 510mm/20″ increments, using optional bed extension accessory.
- HP: 1.5HP (115V)
- Speed range: 215 – 3600 rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1 1/4″ 8TPI RH (USA, Canada, Australasia & UK), M33 x 3.5 RH (Europe excluding UK)
Excellent Entry Level Lathe from Nova
Excellent entry level lathe that has enough versatility and power to give many years of turning. 8 speed range – features a low speed of 215 rpm essential for serious and safe large piece and bowl turning work. Steel and cast iron stand included as standard equipment. Full swivel head functionality and solid cast iron components complete the package. Available in 11/4″8TPI thread. Includes 1.5HP AC motor, belt, stand, 2MT live center, 2MT spur/drive center, 3″ faceplate, 12′ toolrest, manual and fastenings. Note: This unit replaces the older Nova 1624 Lathe. All old 1624 accessories and parts are interchangeable
- Quality materials - Solid cast iron throughout
- Precision manufacturing - on state of the art CNC machines
- Strong 2 Morse taper spindles
- Great speed range
- Nova smart accessories - Common between models
- Fully 360° Swivel head
- 5 Year Warranty on parts and components
- 2-Year Warranty on Motor
- Powerful 1.5HP Motor, delivers continuous power. Provides 50% more power than comparable lathes on the market, to allow for much larger projects.
- Fantastic 8 speed range from 215 – 3600 RPM (USA/Canada) & 178-3000 rpm (rest of world) low speed perfect for bowl turning.
- 360° Swivel head – position work where you want it, makes your turning more comfortable and saves you workshop space.
2MT Hollow Tailstock
- The 1624 is the only lathe on the market in this price bracket with this much versatility.
- Reversible motor – Great for finishing and left handed turners.
- Adjustable vibration dampening stand – Feet individually adjustable to suit floor level, included with lathe.
Quality materials - Solid cast iron throughout
- Stationary lathe capabilities in a compact workspace. Incredible power in a compact working space, great for those who need all the workshop space they can get! The 360° swivel head and articulated Outrigger Accessory means that even when turning large bowls (29”) you are still turning in the same compact area.
- Strong 2MT spindles.
Large Range of Accessories
Shown: SKU 55223 Outrigger Accessory in Black.
- Nova smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models. Money invested in accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your Nova lathe.
- Extendable Beds – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item).
This model provides the same features as the previous model. Offers a solid 1.5HP AC motor, 16" swing capacity (expandable to 29" capacity outboard with optional Outrigger accessory) and 24" between centers. Expandable in 20" increments with optional bed extension accessory.
Excellent entry level lathe that has enough versatility and power to give many years of turning. 8 speed range, from a low 215 rpm through to a high of 3600 rpm. Steel and cast iron stand included as standard equipment. Full swivel head functionality and solid cast iron components complete the package. Available in 11/4"8TPI thread. Includes 1.5HP AC motor, belt, stand, 2MT live center, 2MT spur/drive center, 3" faceplate, 12' toolrest, manual and fastenings. Note: This unit replaces the older NOVA 1624 Lathe. All old accessories and parts are interchangeable. Backed by a full replacement 2-year warranty on all parts, and a further 3-year limited warranty on all parts excluding motor, electronics, consumables, for a total of 5-Years limited warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The parts all seem to be very high quality. Everything locks down easily and with precision. Have not had a moment in which I regretted this purchase.
I did go ahead and upgrade to the DVR motor after a couple weeks and would recommend for anyone else to do the same when they are ready. That is not a critical statement about the motor that comes with the lathe. I just really like to be able to control speed on the fly without having to go through belt changes.