Other Sellers on Amazon
NOW Supplements, Certified Organic, Spirulina 1000 mg (Double Strength), Rich in Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A) and B-12 with naturally occurring GLA , 120 Tablets
Enhance your purchase
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Number of Items||1|
About this item
- NOW's Spirulina 1000 mg tablets are certified organic and non-GMO. These tablets are an easy way to get a daily dose of this nutrient rich superfood featuring beta-carotene (Vitamin A) and Vitamin B-12.
- This double strength product has twice the Spirulina (1,000 mg per tablet) as in our regular strength product (500 mg per tablet).
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Genuine Whole Foods, Quality GMP Assured, Vegan/Vegetarian, Soy Free, Sugar Free
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
Product Certification (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
From the manufacturer
NOW Spirulina delivers the natural nutrient profile found in Genuine Whole Food. This double strength product has twice the spirulina (1,000 mg per tablet) as in our regular strength product (500 mg per tablet). Spirulina is rich in beta-carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin B-12, and has naturally occurring protein and GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid), a popular fatty acid with numerous health benefits. In addition, spirulina has naturally occurring minerals, trace elements, cell salts, amino acids and enzymes.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.63 x 2.63 x 4.75 inches; 5.29 Ounces
- Item model number : 2715
- Date First Available : December 16, 2013
- Manufacturer : NOW Sports - Nutrition and Wellness
- ASIN : B00HCBN674
- Country of Origin : USA
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #7,345 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
This natural product may have variations in color and odor. Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle.This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Take 3 tablets daily. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I can honestly say it’s helped with all of that. They go down easy which is a plus and my blood pressure is very normal. I’m off my blood pressure meds. My sinuses have been the best they’ve been in years. I’ve had 3 surgeries in the last 2 years that helped some, but I can’t take allergy meds due to my RLS. This has been a God send. I highly recommend it.
By DaMaia Blue on September 13, 2022
In any case, I'm glad that nearly forty years later I've found a spirulina product that doesn't make me gag in my mouth. I'm not sure if it's the way these pills are pressed into form, or if they are a different compound than the ones I took as a kid, but I can gingerly pop a few of these in my gullet and swallow them with just about any drink at hand, be it lemonade or a protein shake or even some Coke Zero™, although I'm certainly drinking less of that stuff now that they've told their employees to "act less white." Can you believe that garbage? Try and imagine the absolute fallout if a major international corporation told their employees to "act less black" or "act less hispanic." There would be riots and their headquarters or regional offices would likely be burned to the ground. But for some reason it is okay to tell someone to "act less white." That's 2021 in a nutshell: racism is okay as long as it is "woke." Sorry, not sorry, but I won't be buying Coke any longer.
Anyway, I've reordered these spirulina product a couple of times. It's good stuff I guess. I seem to like it.
Side note, the web page is asking me to rate 1-5 stars on these categories:
2. Easy to swallow
What? Sheerness? Just what the heck does that even mean? How is a pill "sheer?"
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Brazil 🇧🇷 on November 11, 2020
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.