Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 22, 2013
I bought this initially for making baby food while traveling/on-the-go but as soon as it arrived, we used it right away. I make our baby food at home using the steam/hand blend/freeze method but this allows us to make baby food right there on the spot and it's nice and fresh. Sure one can argue (poorly at that) that a fork and bowl could yield the same results, but dump your fresh food right in, give the small pulverzier a push and about 2 spins later, you have fresh baby food. My little one is six months and she loves eating: bananas, avocado, peaches, nectarines, and melons. For the banana and avocado, mix it with a little breastmilk or formula to get it to the right runny consistency. The thing I like about this bowl for nectarines and peaches, those fruits have a tendency to be stringy and I'm afraid it will choke my little one. This device cuts up the string without making the mush too runny and leaving it a thick consistency (something a fork and bowl will take you quite a while to do). I often defrost a frozen cube of blended fruit right in the bowl and add half a fresh banana and mush them all together. I like that you can feed your baby right out of the bowl and clean up is a breeze. So glad I bought this thing and I can't see us living without it.

Update (11/15/13): My little one is now ten months old. This bowl masher has taken up permanent residency in our diaper bag. She now eats the same table food we eat. We just cut up smaller chunks of veggies and take more veggies/meat/carb in the bowl and mash that up then mix up the cut up foot with the mashed food to create a chunky stew-like consistency. She only has two bottom teeth and two top teeth poking out so she can't quite chew some of the harder cuts of meat, so this thing comes in handy when the meats aren't toddler friendly. It has saved us in packing baby food and BUYING baby food alone. We love this thing!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
This was the perfect item to mash up food to give to our 11 month old. We have tried a few other products that didn't come close to this in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and ease of cleaning. Some things I like about this product:

- The pieces are dishwasher safe which makes clean up easy.
- The bowl has a rubber bottom which makes it slip resistant.
- There are grooves in the bowl the provide a nice amount friction for mashing up foods.
- It is sturdy and durable (now is on to the third different child using this).
- It's a one "pot" meal - mash it up and serve right from it.

We have used this for about a month with all kinds of foods: pasta, meats, beans, fruits, veggies, etc. For the cost, I cannot recommend picking up this product enough - you will not be disappointed. It more than easily pays for itself in money saved from buying less jars of baby food!

UPDATE:

- over 6 months later and we have pretty much stopped using this product as our son is old enough (and has enough teeth) to not need most foods mashed up. Although, he does enjoy potatoes and other veggies mashed up still...so it still gets some occasional use.
This has held up through the entire time we used it and it will be ready to go for our next child! I stand by my original review of this product - it was a HUGE help for feeding our son all sorts of table food for many months.

Update #2 - 12/16/14

- baby #2 has officially started solid foods a few weeks ago and we took this right out of the attic. Since our first, we had let someone else borrow this and it still is in perfect condition! Bananas and sweet potatoes are being mashed to perfection already. We look forward to being able use this the entire time with this baby.
66 comments| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2017
I don't really use this a lot, but when I have used it, it does the trick. It's great for bananas, blueberries and stuff that you don't really need a food processor for, but as the baby gets older, you can eventually just break stuff into small pieces and don't need to mash it. However, I do like to use it just as bowl for him in general because the handle is nice!!!
on September 4, 2017
Honestly, I wish I had purchased this MUCH earlier. I bought this on kind of a whim, not really sure I would go to the trouble of getting it out or wanting to wash it. I didn't think I would use that often, but it was so handy to help baby experiment with the food we are eating. He's starting to be old enough to be eating table food - If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it 3 months earlier AND would have gotten two! It cleans well, is a good size, and handy he can just eat right out of the bowl when done squishing it up.
on August 9, 2017
Wow. This thing works! I've been trying to use a regular bowl and a spoon to mash the banana for my baby, and it was frustrating since banana kept slipping away from the spoon, and it just wasn't smashed properly. This mash bowl and a masher set makes my life easier. It mashes a whole banana without chunks so easily within 10 seconds. I regret not buying this earlier. What a genius product!
on March 15, 2017
This was the best food related baby product I've purchased.It is easy to take with you when you are out to mash up a banana or something else in the in this phase of introducing different foods to the baby. It is used together with baby bib, is a perfect combination. Let the baby's clothes to keep clean, dry,Very high quality (slightly thick and warm) and highly recommended! Product Links :https://www.amazon.com/ZANETA-Absorbent-Drooling-Teething-Adjustable/dp/B06XB63514/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1489561689&sr=1-1&keywords=Baby+Bandana+Bibs
on September 14, 2016
Our baby boy is 8 months and slowly getting into solid food. My wife was contemplating on how to properly mash his food while travelling without doing it ahead of time as to not lose its nutrients and change color(He loves bananas and avocados) After reading a few parenting magazines we saw that some parents used a small masher while travelling for a quick, clean and easy way to serve avocados (as you know if you were to puree ahead of time it changes color and once open you must preserve it cool) So we bought nuk's masher and bowl and put it to the test. On our first trip to SD from LA we took a couple of avo's and bananas and i must say it worked like a charm, it was fresh, quick and pretty clean as you smash directly on the bowl you are feeding the baby. All you have to clean in the end is the smasher and bowl.

If you want to keep things fresh and worry free while travelling i totally recommend this bowl! Oh and i forgot to mention, the bowl has ridges at the bottom to get a good grip and smooth smashing. Hope the review helped!
on September 29, 2016
Got this for my one-year-old son. He is in that really tenuous stage where he's too big for purees, but doesn't quite have the teeth for chunkier solids. I got this as a way to introduce him to some new foods without messing with his palate too much by introducing a weird texture.

It's nice and deep. The grooves on the bowl combined with the slats on the handle make mashing food really quick and easy. It's also a lot stronger than you might thing, being made of plastic. So far my baby has eaten and enjoyed pot roast, chili (spicy in fact!), rotisserie chicken, and fresh fruits with yogurt. This has saved me a lot of extra time and effort because now I can share what the rest of us eat for dinner as opposed to making him something else, pureeing it in the baby bullet, etc. It also washes well on the top rack of my dishwasher.

I only wish this came in a multi-pack so that I wouldn't have to purchase it solely as an add-on item. I need at least five more of these!
on October 20, 2017
This has been a great solution for making homemade baby food. Only a few mashes and things are a good consistency. My only gripe about this tool is that the masher holes are small and can have food stuck in them. I've found that the best way to clean is to soak the masher in the bowl as soon as you've finished using it. The soak seems to keep food from sticking in those little crevices and makes it easier to clean.
on May 16, 2014
Overwhelmed with choices of electric food grinder and the prospect of daily washing 5-10 parts including sharp blades, I first turned to this Mash and Serve Bowl and now have no need for a baby food maker. This works well mashing soft things like bananas and avocados. I microwave strawberries to soften them before mashing them. Sure a fork and bowl work too, but doesn't this look like more fun? This bowl is faster than just a fork and the masher is just the right shape for the bowl. The texture on the bowl helps too.

This bowl is more for mashing same-day, not for storing large quantities of food. That's better left to the blender or food processor.