Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Size: Pack of 1|Color: Mash|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,006 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,197 reviews
on July 22, 2013
I bought this initially for making baby food while traveling/on-the-go but as soon as it arrived, we used it right away. I make our baby food at home using the steam/hand blend/freeze method but this allows us to make baby food right there on the spot and it's nice and fresh. Sure one can argue (poorly at that) that a fork and bowl could yield the same results, but dump your fresh food right in, give the small pulverzier a push and about 2 spins later, you have fresh baby food. My little one is six months and she loves eating: bananas, avocado, peaches, nectarines, and melons. For the banana and avocado, mix it with a little breastmilk or formula to get it to the right runny consistency. The thing I like about this bowl for nectarines and peaches, those fruits have a tendency to be stringy and I'm afraid it will choke my little one. This device cuts up the string without making the mush too runny and leaving it a thick consistency (something a fork and bowl will take you quite a while to do). I often defrost a frozen cube of blended fruit right in the bowl and add half a fresh banana and mush them all together. I like that you can feed your baby right out of the bowl and clean up is a breeze. So glad I bought this thing and I can't see us living without it.

Update (11/15/13): My little one is now ten months old. This bowl masher has taken up permanent residency in our diaper bag. She now eats the same table food we eat. We just cut up smaller chunks of veggies and take more veggies/meat/carb in the bowl and mash that up then mix up the cut up foot with the mashed food to create a chunky stew-like consistency. She only has two bottom teeth and two top teeth poking out so she can't quite chew some of the harder cuts of meat, so this thing comes in handy when the meats aren't toddler friendly. It has saved us in packing baby food and BUYING baby food alone. We love this thing!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
This was the perfect item to mash up food to give to our 11 month old. We have tried a few other products that didn't come close to this in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and ease of cleaning. Some things I like about this product:

- The pieces are dishwasher safe which makes clean up easy.
- The bowl has a rubber bottom which makes it slip resistant.
- There are grooves in the bowl the provide a nice amount friction for mashing up foods.
- It is sturdy and durable (now is on to the third different child using this).
- It's a one "pot" meal - mash it up and serve right from it.

We have used this for about a month with all kinds of foods: pasta, meats, beans, fruits, veggies, etc. For the cost, I cannot recommend picking up this product enough - you will not be disappointed. It more than easily pays for itself in money saved from buying less jars of baby food!

UPDATE:

- over 6 months later and we have pretty much stopped using this product as our son is old enough (and has enough teeth) to not need most foods mashed up. Although, he does enjoy potatoes and other veggies mashed up still...so it still gets some occasional use.
This has held up through the entire time we used it and it will be ready to go for our next child! I stand by my original review of this product - it was a HUGE help for feeding our son all sorts of table food for many months.

Update #2 - 12/16/14

- baby #2 has officially started solid foods a few weeks ago and we took this right out of the attic. Since our first, we had let someone else borrow this and it still is in perfect condition! Bananas and sweet potatoes are being mashed to perfection already. We look forward to being able use this the entire time with this baby.
66 comments| 341 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2017
I don't really use this a lot, but when I have used it, it does the trick. It's great for bananas, blueberries and stuff that you don't really need a food processor for, but as the baby gets older, you can eventually just break stuff into small pieces and don't need to mash it. However, I do like to use it just as bowl for him in general because the handle is nice!!!
on September 4, 2017
Honestly, I wish I had purchased this MUCH earlier. I bought this on kind of a whim, not really sure I would go to the trouble of getting it out or wanting to wash it. I didn't think I would use that often, but it was so handy to help baby experiment with the food we are eating. He's starting to be old enough to be eating table food - If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it 3 months earlier AND would have gotten two! It cleans well, is a good size, and handy he can just eat right out of the bowl when done squishing it up.
on July 17, 2017
It makes life so much easier than having to mush boiled carrots and potatoes with a spoon or blending them. If you just want to make things easier for your baby to eat without too much ceremony, this is it. I just set it on the table while we're having dinner and much some food "as and when" before I feed it to my 6 month old. The only down side is that it looks like a toy so baby wants to play with it all the time.
on August 9, 2017
Wow. This thing works! I've been trying to use a regular bowl and a spoon to mash the banana for my baby, and it was frustrating since banana kept slipping away from the spoon, and it just wasn't smashed properly. This mash bowl and a masher set makes my life easier. It mashes a whole banana without chunks so easily within 10 seconds. I regret not buying this earlier. What a genius product!
on September 14, 2016
Our baby boy is 8 months and slowly getting into solid food. My wife was contemplating on how to properly mash his food while travelling without doing it ahead of time as to not lose its nutrients and change color(He loves bananas and avocados) After reading a few parenting magazines we saw that some parents used a small masher while travelling for a quick, clean and easy way to serve avocados (as you know if you were to puree ahead of time it changes color and once open you must preserve it cool) So we bought nuk's masher and bowl and put it to the test. On our first trip to SD from LA we took a couple of avo's and bananas and i must say it worked like a charm, it was fresh, quick and pretty clean as you smash directly on the bowl you are feeding the baby. All you have to clean in the end is the smasher and bowl.

If you want to keep things fresh and worry free while travelling i totally recommend this bowl! Oh and i forgot to mention, the bowl has ridges at the bottom to get a good grip and smooth smashing. Hope the review helped!
on July 24, 2016
I bought this for my younger son when he was about 7 months old. I have made all my own food for both kids from the beginning, starting by using a baby bullet to puree, moving on to fork mashing, and then finally just tearing or cutting. With my younger son, I was ready to move beyond the blender earlier, but a fork wasn't getting food to the consistency I needed, so I bought this when it was on a Deal. This tool is a lot different from a fork. You can mash food to a nice chunky consistency for new chewers, and the best thing is how you can really break up the skins of food rather than peeling. With a softer skin, it will grind in the grooves and be easy to eat. For tougher skins, like peaches or some potatoes, the pulp of the food will slip right out of the skin (some cooking may be required depending on the food), and you can just pull it right out and eat it yourself or discard. I rinse and wash most dishes that I use daily right away, so I don't have any problems with food being stuck in the grooves. This masher has been a great little tool, making meals easy to prepare.
on September 29, 2016
Got this for my one-year-old son. He is in that really tenuous stage where he's too big for purees, but doesn't quite have the teeth for chunkier solids. I got this as a way to introduce him to some new foods without messing with his palate too much by introducing a weird texture.

It's nice and deep. The grooves on the bowl combined with the slats on the handle make mashing food really quick and easy. It's also a lot stronger than you might thing, being made of plastic. So far my baby has eaten and enjoyed pot roast, chili (spicy in fact!), rotisserie chicken, and fresh fruits with yogurt. This has saved me a lot of extra time and effort because now I can share what the rest of us eat for dinner as opposed to making him something else, pureeing it in the baby bullet, etc. It also washes well on the top rack of my dishwasher.

I only wish this came in a multi-pack so that I wouldn't have to purchase it solely as an add-on item. I need at least five more of these!
on August 20, 2017
Easy to use and easy to clean! We got this for our 5 month old as we are soon to introduce solids. It's great if you're introducing just one food, like avocados, and want to mash one up quickly. Also helpful for mashing steamed veggies! Then you can just scoop right from the bowl for feeding. If this was review helpful for you, please mark as helpful!