Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

NUK Mash and Serve Bowl for Making Homemade Baby Food
Style: Mash and Serve Bowl|Change

on July 22, 2013
I bought this initially for making baby food while traveling/on-the-go but as soon as it arrived, we used it right away. I make our baby food at home using the steam/hand blend/freeze method but this allows us to make baby food right there on the spot and it's nice and fresh. Sure one can argue (poorly at that) that a fork and bowl could yield the same results, but dump your fresh food right in, give the small pulverzier a push and about 2 spins later, you have fresh baby food. My little one is six months and she loves eating: bananas, avocado, peaches, nectarines, and melons. For the banana and avocado, mix it with a little breastmilk or formula to get it to the right runny consistency. The thing I like about this bowl for nectarines and peaches, those fruits have a tendency to be stringy and I'm afraid it will choke my little one. This device cuts up the string without making the mush too runny and leaving it a thick consistency (something a fork and bowl will take you quite a while to do). I often defrost a frozen cube of blended fruit right in the bowl and add half a fresh banana and mush them all together. I like that you can feed your baby right out of the bowl and clean up is a breeze. So glad I bought this thing and I can't see us living without it.

Update (11/15/13): My little one is now ten months old. This bowl masher has taken up permanent residency in our diaper bag. She now eats the same table food we eat. We just cut up smaller chunks of veggies and take more veggies/meat/carb in the bowl and mash that up then mix up the cut up foot with the mashed food to create a chunky stew-like consistency. She only has two bottom teeth and two top teeth poking out so she can't quite chew some of the harder cuts of meat, so this thing comes in handy when the meats aren't toddler friendly. It has saved us in packing baby food and BUYING baby food alone. We love this thing!
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 428 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 29, 2012
This was the perfect item to mash up food to give to our 11 month old. We have tried a few other products that didn't come close to this in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and ease of cleaning. Some things I like about this product:

- The pieces are dishwasher safe which makes clean up easy.
- The bowl has a rubber bottom which makes it slip resistant.
- There are grooves in the bowl the provide a nice amount friction for mashing up foods.
- It is sturdy and durable (now is on to the third different child using this).
- It's a one "pot" meal - mash it up and serve right from it.

We have used this for about a month with all kinds of foods: pasta, meats, beans, fruits, veggies, etc. For the cost, I cannot recommend picking up this product enough - you will not be disappointed. It more than easily pays for itself in money saved from buying less jars of baby food!

UPDATE:

- over 6 months later and we have pretty much stopped using this product as our son is old enough (and has enough teeth) to not need most foods mashed up. Although, he does enjoy potatoes and other veggies mashed up still...so it still gets some occasional use.
This has held up through the entire time we used it and it will be ready to go for our next child! I stand by my original review of this product - it was a HUGE help for feeding our son all sorts of table food for many months.

Update #2 - 12/16/14

- baby #2 has officially started solid foods a few weeks ago and we took this right out of the attic. Since our first, we had let someone else borrow this and it still is in perfect condition! Bananas and sweet potatoes are being mashed to perfection already. We look forward to being able use this the entire time with this baby.
66 comments| 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2016
I used to cut the food into small cubes and put them in the blender to make the vegetable for my baby, but that is not a good way because you have to make a larger amount than the baby's needs! not convenient at all. I have to say it is a great decision to buy this for making quick and easy baby food, this great tool helps a lot. I meshed potatoes, carrots, and cabbages in this bowl, that can do the job well and with really clean a methods. the bowl is easy to clean as well.
I have used this for about a month, it is well-made and can make great baby food.
review imagereview image
on June 28, 2016
This mash and serve bowl is pretty great. It has made it extremely easy to mash pretty much anything that is soft enough to feed a baby. I only mash a few bites of food at a time, and it has been incredibly easy to smush things like steamed carrots or bits of chicken. You can twist the "pestle" as you grind, and the lines in the bowl will hold the food in place enough to help tear it apart. The are very shallow, so you don't end up with any chunks. Once you're done, I found that a sideways teaspoon fits perfectly in between the ridges to scrape everything out. The OlaSprout bendable baby spoon also works pretty well. The little bits of food left in the holes of the "pestle" are easily removed with a quick spray in the sink. Or you could throw it in the dishwasher, as it is top rack dishwasher safe (and microwave safe).

The issues are pretty minor. I don't find it worth the effort to pick the food out of the holes in the "pestle", so I end up losing a tiny bit. Because the ridges in the bowl are shallow, it might be difficult to mash a lot of food at once, and is a chore trying to mash fibrous stuff (you have to constantly move the fibers out of the ridges so new food can mash).

Buyer beware, I initially received a used/defective (pitted plastic, a manufacturing issue) bowl without packaging - gross and dishonest on Amazon's part. I contacted them and was able to get a replacement, and so am revising my review to fairly reflect the product.
on April 20, 2017
I don't really use this a lot, but when I have used it, it does the trick. It's great for bananas, blueberries and stuff that you don't really need a food processor for, but as the baby gets older, you can eventually just break stuff into small pieces and don't need to mash it. However, I do like to use it just as bowl for him in general because the handle is nice!!!
on December 23, 2017
I ordered This because my baby started eating bananas. I use the baby bullet but getting it out for just a banana was inconvenience. I so far love this mash bowl. Easy to use and wash great for on the go like restaurants etc. I feed her right from this bowl no need to transfer to another bowl. Then clean warm water and soap let it air dry ready for another use. Highly recommend this item.
on September 4, 2017
Honestly, I wish I had purchased this MUCH earlier. I bought this on kind of a whim, not really sure I would go to the trouble of getting it out or wanting to wash it. I didn't think I would use that often, but it was so handy to help baby experiment with the food we are eating. He's starting to be old enough to be eating table food - If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it 3 months earlier AND would have gotten two! It cleans well, is a good size, and handy he can just eat right out of the bowl when done squishing it up.
on May 13, 2012
The description on Amazon and manufacturer web page does not mention anything about being BPA free. I contacted the manufacturer and confirmed it is actually BPA free. That information is on the packing. Here is some additional information from their customer service: "The food cube tray is actually made from a rubber based material called TPE and I can confirm that this material does pass the UK regulations for food contact."

I tried to mash food using a spoon and it's not as easy as I thought. I like this masher. It's perfect when I only want to prepare one serving of baby food and feed my baby right away. It only takes ~30 seconds to mash one serving of food. Easy to wash, too.
99 comments| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 13, 2018
As a mom of 4, I’ve tried a lot of products and honestly didn’t think I needed something like this but thought eh what the heck I could try this when I’m in a pinch and don’t feel like pulling out the Nutribullet and making a whole batch of baby food. So I tried this yesterday with an avocado and wow. I wish I had bought this sooner! Perfectly designed, easy to use, and mashes food way way better than a fork and elbow grease. Absolutely love this thing and only wish I had this with my first three kids. Highly recommend!
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This masher is better at mashing food into a paste than a fork. In the photo I mashed a piece of banana with the masher and with a fork. I mashed 5 times each for both the fork and the masher and you can clearly see the masher does a superior job. I would recommend this for babies just starting solids. It will make your life a little easier.
review image