Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: Pack of 1|Color: Mash|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,982 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,166 reviews
on July 22, 2013
I bought this initially for making baby food while traveling/on-the-go but as soon as it arrived, we used it right away. I make our baby food at home using the steam/hand blend/freeze method but this allows us to make baby food right there on the spot and it's nice and fresh. Sure one can argue (poorly at that) that a fork and bowl could yield the same results, but dump your fresh food right in, give the small pulverzier a push and about 2 spins later, you have fresh baby food. My little one is six months and she loves eating: bananas, avocado, peaches, nectarines, and melons. For the banana and avocado, mix it with a little breastmilk or formula to get it to the right runny consistency. The thing I like about this bowl for nectarines and peaches, those fruits have a tendency to be stringy and I'm afraid it will choke my little one. This device cuts up the string without making the mush too runny and leaving it a thick consistency (something a fork and bowl will take you quite a while to do). I often defrost a frozen cube of blended fruit right in the bowl and add half a fresh banana and mush them all together. I like that you can feed your baby right out of the bowl and clean up is a breeze. So glad I bought this thing and I can't see us living without it.

Update (11/15/13): My little one is now ten months old. This bowl masher has taken up permanent residency in our diaper bag. She now eats the same table food we eat. We just cut up smaller chunks of veggies and take more veggies/meat/carb in the bowl and mash that up then mix up the cut up foot with the mashed food to create a chunky stew-like consistency. She only has two bottom teeth and two top teeth poking out so she can't quite chew some of the harder cuts of meat, so this thing comes in handy when the meats aren't toddler friendly. It has saved us in packing baby food and BUYING baby food alone. We love this thing!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
This was the perfect item to mash up food to give to our 11 month old. We have tried a few other products that didn't come close to this in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and ease of cleaning. Some things I like about this product:

- The pieces are dishwasher safe which makes clean up easy.
- The bowl has a rubber bottom which makes it slip resistant.
- There are grooves in the bowl the provide a nice amount friction for mashing up foods.
- It is sturdy and durable (now is on to the third different child using this).
- It's a one "pot" meal - mash it up and serve right from it.

We have used this for about a month with all kinds of foods: pasta, meats, beans, fruits, veggies, etc. For the cost, I cannot recommend picking up this product enough - you will not be disappointed. It more than easily pays for itself in money saved from buying less jars of baby food!

UPDATE:

- over 6 months later and we have pretty much stopped using this product as our son is old enough (and has enough teeth) to not need most foods mashed up. Although, he does enjoy potatoes and other veggies mashed up still...so it still gets some occasional use.
This has held up through the entire time we used it and it will be ready to go for our next child! I stand by my original review of this product - it was a HUGE help for feeding our son all sorts of table food for many months.

Update #2 - 12/16/14

- baby #2 has officially started solid foods a few weeks ago and we took this right out of the attic. Since our first, we had let someone else borrow this and it still is in perfect condition! Bananas and sweet potatoes are being mashed to perfection already. We look forward to being able use this the entire time with this baby.
66 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2016
I like to make my baby food, but finding time after going back to work was difficult. I remember thinking after my first child I wish I had something I could use to just mash up whatever we were eating for dinner. Enter the Nuk Mash and Serve! It is EXACTLY what I was looking for. With this new baby, I have been able to mash up all our fruits and cooked veggies. I just add a little bit of water or breastmilk when needed to thin out, and so far it has worked perfectly. Plus it's easy to clean! Win win for our family!!!!
on April 26, 2016
I absolutely love this Nuk Mash and Serve bowl! My baby recently turned 6 months so I decided that I would be making my very own baby food for him. This thing is awesome! A lot of things can be easily mashed up (avocado, steamed veggies, mango) and this bowl just makes it so convenient and easy to use/serve my baby. He loves eating and it is so much fun watching him get excited when I start using this to mash up his food. The masher portion is nice and sturdy and works great. The bowl is a good nice size and is sturdy as well. I love that I can literally mash the food in the bowl and then serve him the food in that same bowl! What a great way to save on dishes...plus just the convenience of it is awesome. This is also great to use when out and about. At a restaurant, we can order something that he can partially eat...and I can whip this bowl out and mash it up for him and then feed him right there at the table with us! How cool is that? I highly recommend this bowl for anyone starting solids with their baby or even older toddler than still needs certain foods mashed up. It is the perfect baby shower gift. It is such a great price and I always tell al my friends that they need to purchase this one they start their baby on solids. Overall I give this product 5 stars because it is high quality, works great, and is very affordable.
on January 27, 2017
Xmas gift to Grandma for her new grand baby.

She said she used several times--and then gave up completely because it was, "ridiculous how all the food gets caught and stays in the masher. I spent all my time trying to dig out the food."

She said she now uses it permanently "as an extra cup to water her plants."
on November 30, 2016
review image
on April 20, 2017
I don't really use this a lot, but when I have used it, it does the trick. It's great for bananas, blueberries and stuff that you don't really need a food processor for, but as the baby gets older, you can eventually just break stuff into small pieces and don't need to mash it. However, I do like to use it just as bowl for him in general because the handle is nice!!!
on May 18, 2017
Unnecessary gadget. Much easier to mash food with a regular spoon or a fork. The idea is very novel, but not needed at all. Then you need to clean the holes in the masher and the little grooves in the bowl. It wastes a lot of food in the grooves unless you scrape it out tediously. It would have been better to use with just the masher. The grooves in the bowl isn't needed to mash any better. It is more of a pain than it is worth.
on July 19, 2016
We bought this to start out 6 month old out on food! We used it for the first time with avocados! It worked perfectly! It's also very nice, durable plastic... Dishwasher safe is an added bonus!

Would totally purchase this again!
review image review image
on July 17, 2017
It makes life so much easier than having to mush boiled carrots and potatoes with a spoon or blending them. If you just want to make things easier for your baby to eat without too much ceremony, this is it. I just set it on the table while we're having dinner and much some food "as and when" before I feed it to my 6 month old. The only down side is that it looks like a toy so baby wants to play with it all the time.