Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
About the product
- Enjoy infinite entertainment on a single device, including movies and shows in 4K Ultra HD or 1080p, your favorite songs at the touch of a button, and a new generation of great games.
- Access favorite apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Sling TV (includes ESPN), Disney, Showtime, CBS All Access, Pandora, NBA, and Kodi (XBMC) - powered by Android TV.
- Experience the most advanced gaming of any streaming media player. Play next-gen Android games only available on SHIELD or stream popular PC games from the cloud with GeForce NOW.
- Chromecast is built-in, so you can cast from your Android or iOS phone to the big screen. Plus, Google voice search and commands make it easy to find something good within seconds.
- Get unbeatable performance - 3x faster than Apple TV, 4x faster than Fire TV, and 10x faster than Roku 4. It includes 16 GB of storage (expandable up to 128 GB), the SHIELD controller, the SHIELD remote, and an HDMI cable.
- Enjoy infinite entertainment on a single, easy-to-use device, including movies and shows in 4K-now with HDR, the next big thing in TV technology. Plus, access your favorite songs at the touch of a button, and a new generation of great games.
- Get the best experience in Netflix and YouTube with support for 4K HDR in Netflix, 4K 60fps in YouTube, and universal voice search and private listening in both. Plus, access thousands more apps, including favorites like CBC News, Spotify, MLB.TV, Plex, Twitch, Crackle, and Kodi (XBMC) - all powered by Android TV.
- Just say what you want to see and let Google's revolutionary voice search technology find it within seconds. Then get the most comprehensive search results of any streaming device with results from over 60 apps, including Netflix, YouTube, HULU, HBO, VUDU, and more. And Chromecast is built-in, so you can cast from your Android or iOS phone to the big screen.
- Expand your entertainment with the most advanced gaming of any streaming media player. Play next-gen Android games only available on SHIELD or stream popular PC games from the cloud with GeForce NOW.
- Experience unbeatable performance that delivers the best streaming media experience-3X faster than Apple TV, 4X faster than Fire TV, and 10X faster than Roku 4. SHIELD features 16 GB of storage (expandable up to 128 GB), the SHIELD controller, and an HDMI cable
- Easy-to-use remote for NVIDIA SHIELD
- Microphone for Google voice commands
- Stereo headphone jack for private audio
- Volume control and Bluetooth connectivity
- Rechargeable battery with USB charging cable
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Rule the Living Room.
Transform your TV experience with NVIDIA SHIELD. The hottest movies and shows in brilliant 4K. Your favorite songs at the touch of a button. And a new generation of great games.
Note: Free remote, a $49.99 value, when you buy SHIELD Android TV
Features at a Glance
- NVIDIA Tegra X1 processor
- 256-core NVIDIA graphics
- 64-bit CPU
- 3 GB RAM
- Android TV, Google Cast Ready
- HDMI 2.0, 4K Ultra HD with 10-bit color
- 16 GB storage
- MicroSD card slot for additional storage
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Two USB 3.0, micro-USB
- SHIELD controller included
Let Google’s advanced voice commands do the work for you. Get personalized recommendations. Even cast a show or pictures to your TV from your PC, Android, or iOS device with built-in Google Cast.*
*Casting optimized for selected services only. Streaming quality for other content might vary. Supported operating systems and devices: Android 2.3 and higher, iOS 7 and higher, Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 10.7 and higher and Chrome OS (version 38 or higher).
TV Shows and Movies in 4K
TV Shows and Movies in 4K
Watch in 4K Ultra HD from apps like Netflix*, YouTube, KODI (XBMC), and PLEX. Enjoy 10-bit color and rich Dolby 7.1 surround sound**. And plug your headphones into your SHIELD controller or remote for private listening.
*Netflix Ultra HD limitations apply. Visit nflx.it/4K
** 7.1 and 5.1 pass-through
Built to Perform
The advanced NVIDIA Tegra X1 processor delivers up to 25 times the performance of popular streaming devices*. Plus, with 16 GB of storage, a MicroSD slot, and USB 3.0 ports for expandable storage, you now have the speed, power, and storage to rule the living room the way you want.
*Compared to Roku 3 (GFXBench T-Rex benchmark)
More Ways to Game
Stream PC Games from the Cloud
GeForce NOW lets you stream a library of new and classic PC games at up to 1080p* resolution at 60 FPS from NVIDIA gaming supercomputers in the cloud. Enjoy a collection of 50 classic titles or buy newly released games from our online store and play them immediately—all for just $7.99 per month. Sign-up for our free three-month trial today!
*See www.geforcenow.com for more details.
Play SHIELD Games on the Big Screen
SHIELD is the best way to enjoy premium Android games—from family favorites and indie hits to the most advanced Android TV games with rich gameplay and intense multiplayer action.
A World of Entertainment and Games
Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would recommend this box to anyone. Buy it now.
I am a little disappointed with Nvidia Shield TV software. Dropping from 5 stars to 3 stars. Google play store is crippled on this unit! There are very few apps in there. I can side load many apps but it is a lot of work... Its launcher is also not customize'able. Many apps do not show up automatically in its default launcher !! I need to install another launcher but I can't find anyone I like... And the small remote controller is missing the "menu" button. Many apps needs that menu button. It is not acceptable to me. Some people get Amazon fire TV remote as replacement but that does not have voice search !! How come I need to spend additional money ? Why don't I just get Amazon Fire TV box ? But new Fire TV box does not allow allow USB storage, it is a show stopper. With other low cost Android TV boxes, I can use right mouse button as "back" or "return" button, but can't do that on Shield TV box... Not nice. I see some people totally replace Shield TV OS with another OS, like a full version 5.1 Android, this may be a good idea. Some games are huge, 1+GB. 16GB only leaves 11GB with OS and build-in apps. I filled up all storage after installing a few games and apps.... Not good ! Now I know why people get the 500GB version... Hardware of Nvidia Shield TV is the best, but its software get a failed grade. And please add "menu" button back to the small remote controller....
To get to full Android experience, one may need to replace its OS, get xbox wireless game controller, amazon fire tv remote, and spend many time to customize the new OS. It seems to be a shame that I can't use the game controller and remote of Shield TV... I also wonder if I should just give up on upgrading to Nvidia Shield TV Pro and get xBox 500gb or PS 500gb which are almost the same price with excellent hardware and much better games. To my knowledge, they can also be used as media servers. So why should I spend so much time on Shield TV ? Or should I wait for much more price drop on Shield TV to justify my time spend on it ??