- Amazon customers receive a free month of Dollar Shave Club and a $5 promo code for use at Dollar Shave Club for just $1. Input 5FREESHAVER in the promo code box then download this app or go to https://www.amazon.com/l/16043820011 Enter code 5FREESHAVER at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
NVIDIA SHIELD TV Streaming Media Player
|Price:||$199.99 Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
- A Killer View - Movies, TV shows and games in amazing 4K HDR, explore thousands of apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, HBO, Showtime, Pandora, Spotify, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, Kodi, and more.
- Amazing Games, Played Your Way - Stream AAA PC games with GeForce NOW. Cast your PC games in 4K HDR from your GeForce rig to the living room with GameStream. Exclusive Android games only on SHIELD.
- The World at Your Command - Just say what you want and let Google's voice search find it in seconds. Get search results from over 100 apps, including Netflix, YouTube, HULU, HBO, and more.
- Best for Amazon Prime - Watch Amazon Video in 4K HDR and get access to original shows like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, and much more.
- The Complete Package - SHIELD TV includes the remote and redesigned SHIELD controller with voice search, rumble feedback, and private listening, in a stylish new form factor.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
A Killer View
Movies, TV shows, and games look unbelievably good with best-in-class 4K HDR or high-definition 1080p. Access thousands of apps, including Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, HULU, HBO, ESPN, VUDU, Showtime, Pandora, Spotify, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, Plex, and Kodi, with more joining the lineup all the time.
The World at Your Command
Just say what you want to see and let Google's revolutionary voice search technology find it within seconds. Get the most comprehensive search results of any streaming device with results from over 100 apps, including Netflix, YouTube, HULU, HBO, VUDU, and more.
Amazing Games, Played Your Way
Expand your entertainment with the highest-quality gaming experience of any streaming media player. Enjoy the smoothest streaming in hundreds of PC-quality games with the next generation of GeForce NOW. Play exclusive Android games or cast your PC game library from your GeForce GTX-powered rig to your living room in up to 4K HDR using NVIDIA GameStream.
NVIDIA SHIELD TV is a streaming beast. Get the fastest, smoothest 4K HDR video for limitless entertainment. Watch movies or shows, enjoy music, or play thousands of games. And control every experience with your voice using Google's revolutionary search technology. It's everything you want in one game-changing device that's 3X faster than competitors.
Top Customer Reviews
Whats' in the box?
NVIDIA SHIELD TV
Charging Cable (for controller)
What's not in the box?
HDMI cable - This is rather annoying, but most people will have another one laying around somewhere.
Initial build quality impressions: 4/5
Unit does not have a very substantial feeling to it, feels rather lightweight and a little flimsy. Both the remote and gamepad have a good feel in my hands and I enjoy holding them. For what it is the build quality is adequate though, just don’t drop it.
Getting started: 4.5/5
Upon starting the unit you will need to setup the unit with your Google account. This can be either done using the controller or using your android smartphone / tablet. The latter, did not work for me. I received an error that something went wrong and the setup aborted on my phone. No big deal, the on screen setup is rather painless. After the setup the device will download a rather large (1.07GB) software package and then ask to restart. Upon restart the SHIELD will take you to it's main app screen.
The main interface is very clean and very fast. Apps are laid out in the traditional tile orientation with menus being very easy to navigate.
HDR Test: 4/5
One of the major reasons I purchased this is the HDR support that it offers over other boxes. So, first thing I did was sign into my Amazon Prime Instant Video account and fire up an episode of "Mozart in the Jungle". As soon as the video launched the TV switched over to HDR settings and I was good to go.
Amazon: HDR is working.Read more ›
Feels much faster and responsive than my Roku, and better than my Apple TV as that only does 1080p.
Sadly, no Google Home/Assistant support with handsfree mic yet - that apparently comes later this year, even though Nvidia has been touting it as if it's already supported. For now, you have to press a button on the remote or the controller to talk to the system. That works very well.
An annoying thing initially - accidentally touching the vertical touch area for volume control on the remote would pop up a message saying volume is controlled with the amp. I solved it in Settings by enabling CEC Audio. Now the little Shield remote also seamlessly controls the amplifier volume, and no annoying popups on the TV when that area is accidentally touched - easy to do.
The interface is fast. Launching apps, browsing content in them, playing is almost instantaneous. It supports Dolby ATMOS in Vudu. My Shield is connected to my Denon amplifier which supports ATMOS.
I have not explored the gaming aspects at all.
Improvement requests to NVIDIA:
1. It currently upscales everything to 4K. I wish it'd give an option to send content at the content's original resolution and refresh rate to the TV, and let the TV upscale it.
2. Support the TWC (now Spectrum) app for live TV.
3. Add 4K support for Hulu. My XBOX One S already does, which I use for 4K blu-rays and 4K content on Hulu.
4.Read more ›
- UI is very fluid and fast. Best of any I've used.
- Has multitasking like on xbox one. (Double tap the home button)
- Universal searching is awesome! - Finally, a way to find a movie or show across all services including PLEX. On my Roku, I'd have to go into each app separately to see if a movie I was looking for was listed. (While Roku did have a universal search feature, it didn't work well and would only search apps they wanted you to use (Netflix excluded).
- Supports using as a plex server!
- External hard drive support.
- Upload content to it remotely over your network (See comments below about setup issues)
- Volume control on the remote!!!!! (No other media device has this that I know of.)
- TONS of manual options to customize everything!
- Supports Kodi and Exodus!!!
- No headphone jack on the remote. There is one on the controller but I'd prefer it be on the remote as well.
- The VOICE search is terrible as compared to the voice search on the roku and amazon fire remotes. With those, you press and hold the search button on the remote and immediately it's listening and then searches as soon as you stop holding he button.
On this remote there's a relatively long delay when you press the search button until when it starts listening. Also, it's less intuitive. It listens even after you've stopped pressing the button and you have to press the button again to make it stop listening, but when you factor in a possible delay in processing the button press things get confused. Was that last sentense confusing? Well the voice search is just as confusing. It took a little bit of training for me to get it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has already been a great upgrade to my previous streaming box. I have tried the FireTV, which was really very good, and a few other knock off products in an effort to get a... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by EMS
This is by far the best streaming device that I've used. I've only had it for about a week, but I'm very, VERY happy with it. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Everything about it screams FAST!!! Just press on the remote and instantly you find yourself on the Home page. Apps like YouTube and Tablo open up in a split second. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by Charlie Brown Head
First off, I love the Shield and everything it is capable of doing. Setup process went fairly easy, the only hiccup was the Shield asking me if I'd like to connect my phone to... Read morePublished 8 hours ago by StPrattrick317
The Nvidia Shield is an awesome Android gaming console and a great media player too I've used almost every media player out there. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Rivers
- Good texture when holding the remote and gamepad.
- Fast and efficient when turning it on and off. Read more
I'm not typically a complainer. But I have bought 5 of the original Nvidia Shields and they are great devices; I travel with one. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Dray's AwesomeTech
When it arrived, things seemed mostly good. During the setup process, it prompted me to update the controller firmware. I accepted, but the update failed. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Shawn Morrison
Hands down the best streaming device that's available. The new remote was a nice upgrade from the chunky version that's on the original model. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Shawn