Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 183 reviews
on December 14, 2015
"CAN'T BREAK, WON'T BEND! GUARANTEE" It's in the title of the product. It clearly says it would not break or bend. Well the first time I used these, the tips bent right off. So not only did it bend, it also broke. Very disappointed.
review image review image
on October 3, 2016
This is the first review I have ever done. The company that sold me this, sent me an email requesting a review and I was satisfied with my purchase and decided to share my story. I had a new stereo professionally installed in my car, but it started to have a problem. I contacted the company in china and they told me to return it for repair. I paid a lot of money to have it installed and didn't want to pay more to have it removed and then installed again. I thought maybe I could take it out myself and pay close attention to how it was connected so I could reinstall it myself. I had no clue how to remove it, so I searched for an instruction video on YouTube. Luckily I found a video of some guy that showed in great detail how to remove all the trim step by step from my 2012 Chevy Cruze and remove the radio. (you can find a video for almost anything on YouTube lol) At the beginning of the video he said the first think you need is a good set of tools for the job. He held up a package - The Nyberglass Auto Trim Removal Kit. He said there are lots of different kits available, but this is the one he uses. I took his advice to get the kit, but I read the reviews first on Amazon. The price was a couple dollars more than some other kits, but this set looked like it would be worth a couple extra dollars. I received it in a timely manner and was very satisfied with the quality of the material. I followed the instructional video from the guy on YouTube and successfully removed the trim and the stereo. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The tools did the job perfectly. I saved a lot of money by doing it myself. I would definitely recommend this product.
on April 11, 2015
There's a reason we have ratings. Sometimes you come across tools that exceed your expectations and to top it off the company wants to hear the bad with the good becuase they want to make it better. Enter NYBERGLAS TOOLS. Simply put - They get it.

Tough, Strong, Easy to Use and they do not mark up plastic trim. Was very surprised and pleased with just how strong these are. They will make ease work of trim panels. Grip is secure and all of the ends are tough. Need to be slightly aware of just how tough they are.

If there was anything I'd like to see to make this set the "best of the best" it would be;

(1) Add an even more so slightly thinner blade with a slightly less wide (3/8") tip but increase the width to about 1 inch after (about) 3/4 of an inch after the tip end. Some dash applications are extremely tight to get inside and they mar too darn easily. Rubber coat the tools?

(2) The handle on the blade with the hole in it is uncomfortable to hold. But the other end is used a lot. Make the hole larger or get rid of it . If there is a need for the hole then make it a separate tool. Some of us are not only vertically challenged but we also got hands like baseball gloves. With that piece it's hard to apply steady and sure pressure to some plastic trim pieces.

(3) Make this set with secure grip rubber handles. Means breaking this set into two sets or one larger single set but alas you will end up with the best set on the planet. A true "Master Set" if you will.
on December 21, 2013
I recently purchased the Nyberglas Auto Trim Removal tool kit. I'm not in the professional business where I’d be using these tools on a daily basis, but I’m a very active hobbyist with varied interests in cars, motorcycles, carpentry, fabricating and even computers. I have already used the tools in a recent interior car door panel removal. It worked far superior to the old screw driver or garden tool that I used in the past to do removals that sometimes worked and usually led to breaking parts along the way. I’ve also used the tools to remove laptop bezels w/o scratching the adjoining assemblies. I’m finding more uses for this product every day including a safe removal of a tape that was used on a motorcycle tank to hold an emblem. Nice product, THANKS!
on July 8, 2015
I took on the task to replace the auxiliary port for the radio in my 2008 Honda Civic and was scared I would ruin my console. After watching how to do it on several YouTube videos I saw these guys gauging the console with everything from a putty knife to pliers. Knowing there had to be a better tool! I found the Nyberglas auto trim kit and took a shot. The kit is very affordable and the shipping was super quick. The tools themselves are labeled clearly for quick reference and made the scary task of dismantling everything very easy. There was no damage to the console and the project was a success. Probably saved me $100+ not having to go to the dealer. The tools are sturdy with enough give to do the job. It also came with a free guide on how to use the tools. This purchase has made me more confident to attempt more auto interior work myself which says a lot for a girl that is not into cars! The only thing I wish is that it came with a carrying case that rolled up for easy storage, otherwise great purchase!!
on December 20, 2013
Wow! Great set of tools for my needs. The variety of sizes and shapes has made these tools great for puling most of my interior apart. I have removed all of my interior panels including door panels to install sound deadening materials. I have pulled my plastic dash apart including the instrument panel cluster to install wiring. These tools have met my needs and are much easier on the interior finishes than similar metal tools.
on May 25, 2015
This is the set you want -- solid and a good assortment of ends for various needs to accommodate various jobs. What is funny is now that I have a set, I know that I need them, as they have worked so much better than a screwdriver etc. on many tasks I never thought about. Straight forward jobs like gently prying out a small pop-in rocker switch, bezel on a car stereo, to non-standard tasks like using one of the forked ends to move some wires snagged on a metal frame in the dash. I keep finding new ways to use them that are much better than not having them.

Good quality and sturdy, but will not replace a metal pry rod, screw driver or like if that is really the right tool -- but you already have those :)
on June 4, 2014
I have only been able to use these to a limited extent so my review (for me) is a little early. First impression is that they seem to be strong and versatile tools. The company has emailed me a couple of times to give instructions on how these can be used. The job that I originally ordered these for was done by the time that I received these, but I had another small job that I used them on to test/play with them and they seemed to be nice and sturdy. For the reviewers that said they broke on them, I wonder if they used them as if they were made of steel. I'm pretty sure I could break these if I tried. But it could have been a manufacturing defect. Anyway, right now I'm hoping to have a job come up that I need to use these so that I can put them through a real test. I put 4 stars because for me 5 stars is for perfect with history. I have only owned them for about a month.
on April 19, 2015
Hey, the tools worked for me. Tools were stiff enough to work and flexible enough to prevent damage. Finish was nice. Took the stock radio out of a 2002 Nissan Maxima with out any damage twice, once to see about repairing it and the second to replace it with and updated JVC unit. Only used 1 of the smaller tools so maybe I could have gotten by with less expensive purchase but something else might come up where I will use others, you never know. Packaged securely, must cut open with strong scissors or box cutter so I would say the packaging could be a little easier to open. It would be nice to put the tools back in the pack and snap it shut for storage, but instead the plastic goes in the land fill.
on January 12, 2015
Bought this set to help with an aftermarket Bluetooth enabled stereo installation in an older Nissan Rogue, and as an addition to my toolbox, in general. Very pleased.

They are a little thicker than I expected (as others have noted), but they also have good tapers on the ends that compensate well. I had no trouble getting under the required dash panels, and the non-metal construction allowed me to do so without marring the adjacent panels.

I'm not an expert, but they appear to be a fiberglass/plastic type construction, and not cheap plastic, alone. Easily beefy enough for my dash panel removals, and likely sturdy enough for most car interior panel removal needs. I believe I made a good choice. I would buy again.