Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on May 18, 2014
I am 5'6" and I always wear flats. I bought these in one size down from Lee Rider, Wrangler, Coldwater Creek, and a few other brands I have. At one size down, they fit like Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in the same size as NYDJ since one sizes down one size with Gloria's as well. These fit like snug, soft sweatpants and they are tight. I have no idea how they do it but that's what's real. They are extremely flattering. I am overweight, out of shape and have had babies in my youth. I'm now 66. I have to tell you these make one's figure look about as amazing as it did in the good old days. If you are young and need a flattering pair of jean's go for them. Don't let being young stop you from these wonderful pants. My daughter in her 20s wear them and is the one that insisted I try them. She wears a skinny leg and I like these straight legs or bootcuts. I get a Petite so I don't have to hem them, since I wear flats at all times. They graze the top of my foot but don't cover the back of my heel. If you are my height and wear heels the regular has a lot of length for heels. If you're an actual petite and wear flats you may need to hem them unless you're a tall petite. What I think I like the best is they are snug but I don't have to hike up the leg a bit to get extra flexibility to climb into the Jeep or sit down. The stretch makes them like you're wearing your favorite sweats. The stretch is very flexible but immediately returns to shape and they do not bag at all. The fabric and stretch are excellent quality and they conceal and smooth all the cottage cheese aka cellulite on one's thighs and it does not show through at all, even though these are very snug. They do not bind one's natural body parts when one sits. The waist is at the actual waist and when one bends over, one's underwear and skin remains covered. The waist does not bind whatsoever and my waist is most definitely not small. I'd have muffin top in most jeans and there is none of that with these, and it's due to the artful cut and design. If your figure is imperfect, take the plunge and try these jeans. You'll be very happy with them.
on February 3, 2010
I'm 5'10 with a 33" inseam, a straight up-and-down body, slim hips and legs. It's hard to find jeans that fit. I'm also 60 years old, so I'm not interested in low-rise or fighting off a "muffin top." This jean has a nice slim leg without being too skinny. The hips don't bag out at the sides and the legs taper nicely. And they're long enough! The fabric has a lovely stretch with a great memory -- very black, suitable for biz casual. The rise is moderate, just at the navel. They're the best-fitting jeans I own. If you're between sizes, order one size down. If you like tight jeans, definitely order one size down.
44 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
I just don't get the sizing! I purchased my normal size of pants (I always wear the same size!) Tried them on, I pretty much had to jiggle my way into them. They buttoned fine, but the zipper just would NOT go up! I was determined, and ended up with a giant blister on my finger. I finally gave up and exchanged them for the next size up. By the way, Amazon returns are AMAZING! They ship your replacement item BEFORE they get the exchanged one! AWESOME!!! Hopefully the larger size works better. It did take a big hit to my ego, as I've been losing weight and going a size up kind of blows :(

REVIEW UPDATE:

Okay, I've had it. I bought the next size up, AND THEY WERE SMALLER THAN THE SIZE I RETURNED!!!!!!
on November 15, 2012
I love the way the fabric feels. I think. I first ordered my true size of 8. You know, Levi, Wrangler, etc., sizes. They were too large. So I just received my second pair and they also are too large ! I'm returning these, and ordering a size 4. Who are they kidding ? Just a warning ladies... if you want them to fit like your real size jeans, go for the smaller size. Talk about vanity sizing, dang !
Just got my third pair (size 4). They are VERY comfortable. I wore them Thanksgiving day, ate well, and didn't have to unzip my britches ! I wear a size 8 and have a size 4, so keep it in mind. Third time was charm !
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2015
I ordered these jeans based on the fabric content description, AND the q and a about the fabric make up (re: percentage of cotton) According to both, these were supposed to be the 98 percent cotton NYDJ jeans, but they are 80/20. Don't order them expecting the nice, thick cotton fabric. This is itchy polyester/cotton blend.

I am so disappointed in NYDJ for discontinuing most of their 98 percent and 99 percent cotton jeans. The poly blend is nothing like the old high-quality denim.
on December 29, 2016
This is the second time I've ordered this jean in two weeks time and the same issue--the zipper is not sewn in properly and will come apart in the first wearing. NYDJ have usually been great but they are either going down in quality or someone has slipped Amazon a bad shipment. Sad.
on January 11, 2013
I had to return the first size I bought and opt for the next smaller size. I always seem to be between sizes so it's trial and error when I first try a brand I am not familiar with.

I have not worn them yet for an extended amount of time, so I can't comment on whether or not they will strecth out, but so far, I like them a lot.
on January 17, 2013
I own several pairs of these NYDJ jeans, and I love them all! I ordered this pair of straight leg's to add to my collection, and noted that they are supposed to be 98% Cotton and 2% Lycra.
The jeans that arrived however, are 96% Cotton and 4% Lycra. I don't mind, because they fit great and are true to size, but I just wanted to mention it in the event that makes a difference to anyone. I'm 5'9" and like to wear heels, and these are plenty long. All in all, I would buy them again!
on April 23, 2014
After 4 months of occasional wear and care according to tag instructions, the elastic under both front pockets began to loosen. The jeans now pooch out about one inch at these points. I have never had this problem with NYDJ before. Too late to return. I won't buy this brand again.
on October 27, 2012
I'm in my 60s and love these black jeans! Ordered a size 10 - my normal. These aren't super tight but are snug. However, the inseam length is only 31 1/2 - not 33 that other people mentioned. I'm 5' 6" and would prefer the 33's because jeans always shrink in the length. I want them to last for years, not just one season. I have two other pairs of NYDJs and love them. Thank you for a wonderful product. Wished they were half priced all the time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.