Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,680 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,758 reviews
on April 20, 2016
I have just hit season two and I am so bummed that David Caruso is out by the 4th episode. I loved him in that part......thought we found another great series to watch, and I know that it was all over money for David, but I am still disappointed. This is a good show, many good actors so I will either have to quit crying about David and continue watching or say that's it. I will watch a few more episodes ........who knows ??? Thanks Amazon for having this on Prime........you guys rock !!!
on June 25, 2016
Would have been great to have seen last few episodes but when I didn't give review quick enuff they suddenly removed from prime view and wanted me to pay!!!The show really was breakthrough at the time ! Still way relavant with a lot of truth with a big dose of compassion ....!
on July 30, 2015
I'm a first-timer for this show. I missed it the first time around and am so glad to be able to watch something different during summer reruns. Great show! Love the intrigue that is going on and the genuineness of the characters. They are so flawed that you believe this is real life happening!

Amazon please do not delete this from your Prime lineup until I have watched every episode!!!
on May 22, 2016
NYPD Blue, to my mind, presented a realistic view of police work in the Big Apple. It does not present the police as never doing the wrong thing, nor does it present them as being corrupt.
It shows the day to day life in a detective squad on the job, and in each dective's personal life. As such it presents a true balance of a big city police department.
Having, at this point, watched most of the first season, I will be sure to watch the following seasons.
on May 29, 2017
This series. Incredible. I watched it on TV during first run and was elated to watch it via Prime back in 2015. I was up for another series run and see it's no longer Prime included. That's diasappointing.
on June 10, 2016
I missed this series as was an expat for years, I discovered it on Amazo by chance and think it is sort of an UPDATED KOJAK with personal family relationships woven in, not overdone.IKojak just action little personal things, and HILL STREET BLUES too tied to that period of time, sort of depressing now.

Notice that Kojak was lower Manhattan too, but Precinct 13 and this one is out of Precinct 15, nice touch. I am Just in 2nd season, got years to go unless get bored. Could they keep up the series from season 3 to 13?

I will find out by continuing or maybe sneak ahead to see how they age. Checked life of Dennis Franz and now an old man and quiet, worn out, but was his top role, so he cin his actingl life and now can retire comfortable where ever.
on August 9, 2016
Excellent cop series that survived a number of potentially disastrous cast changes over the course of its run.

It's worth noting that the show in its first season is quite different from the show it became. The lead character, Detective Johnny Kelly (David Caruso) gives off a very different vibe than later characters who held his position, like Bobby Simone (Jimmy Smits), Danny Sorenson (Ricky Schroeder), or John Clark (John-Paul Gosselaar) , and Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) is more of a supporting character than the lead he became as the show went on.

But the cases are great, and it's nice watching the spark of romances that will later develop into strong, loving marriages.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2016
I enjoyed the show, but I do not understand why it went from being free included with my prime, to $2 per episode out of the blue! Not a good move by AMazon as I will go back to watching Netflix now..
on January 25, 2016
I never got to see this show as my husband had so many other things to do, except watching TV. I still cannot believe I watched all 12 seasons so quickly. I am looking forward to see many more programs. I've had my ROKU for almost a year and learned about Amazon prime video. I was offered a 30 day free trial and at the end of thirty days I was willing to purchase Amazon Prime to watch many programs for free. Some have a required payment but I am willing to pay if it is a good movie. I had recently canceled my TV Subscriber because the monthly bills are more than I can afford as a Senior Citizen. Roku and streaming providers make things cheaper
on July 9, 2015
This was about as good as TV got. Great acting, Chrarcters with human flaws. Good story lines. You got to know the characters and see that they were all to human. This wasn't your hero can do no wrong series. Real people real stories that reflected the times accurately. IT did not get any btter than this