Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,426 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,595 reviews
on February 17, 2016
This eyeshadow base helps my eyeshadow to be very vibrant and true to the color you see in the pan. If you apply too much it does tend to crease but if you are careful and apply a thin amount it will work very well. My eyeshadow lasts all day when I use this. I use my finger or a synthetic brush to apply. I still do use a primer with this since it's not really a primer and I get really great results.
the photo I am including isn't really the best but hopefully you can see the difference in the concentration of color on the right side of my hand. I would recommend this.especially for the bright vibrant colors.
review image
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2017
MAGIC!

I've been frustrated by disappearing eyeliner for I don't know how long. I put this stuff on, and my eyeliner stays. Wearing goggles, I've found that it's still there after swimming, and it stands up to a little splashing with the kids.
Everything washes right off with my CereVe cleanser.

In the past I've occasionally had bouts with stress-induced eczema. Keeping in mind that I haven't been under any undo stress lately
I've had no reaction to this product whatsoever.

Buy with confidence.
Enthusiast: Makeupon September 13, 2017
Works great! I put this on over my primer under my shadow and my shadows last all day. The nyx milk jumbo pencil works a bit better and I use that when I want to wear a cheaper shadow all day. But this base is fantastic you only need a little so the little jar will last a while. Works almost as good as milk jumbo pencil, cheaper and will last longer So I'll definetly purchase again and I highly recommend it.
on September 11, 2017
The best base I've used. I like the skin tone one however if you don't blend it in very well and have pale skin like I do it can be a little noticeable. Also the formula is really good, I like not having to use a brush with it. It works well if you just use your finger and a little goes a long way. I ordered the pearl one because it was a little less expensive so we'll see if it holds up to the skin tone one.
on February 22, 2015
I was looking for an eye shadow base that works and is reasonably priced. I tried many brands. If they work they tend to be extremely pricey for the average budget. Sometimes they were pricey and didn't even work well which was a double whammy. After reading an article on shadow base brands I decided to try NYX Eye Shadow Base High Definition. What did I have to lose considering it is inexpensive? I was concerned when I first applied it to my eyelids because it was really smooth and creamy and that is usually a sign that it won't work well. I was pleasantly surprised though. My eyeshadow didn't crease by the end of the day. I had to reapply some contour color shadow much later in the day to go out but that could just be because I wear it darker to go out at night. All in all I am pleased with how it holds my shadow on for the price.
on April 13, 2017
If I were to write a list of my Top Beauty Products ever used, this would be on it. You dont need to use a lot AT ALL to get great performance out of this. Just light dabs with your pinky finger into the pot, onto your eyelid = all eyeshadow colors pop noticeably well. Not oily, and doesnt crease (I have sort of hood eyelids and always have a problem with creasing - this product reduces this issue for me quite a bit). GREAT GREAT STUFF. Totally worth it.
Enthusiast: Makeupon September 5, 2017
I really like the "Pearl". Great for sparkly shadows, and its very creamy, and slightly tacky to keep product in place. Its not as opaque as the elf one, but I really like it! If you want something more opaque, get the ELF one, but so far I really like this, and you CANNOT beat the price!! Great product!!
on August 6, 2017
This is NOT a primer. Even if you use a great primer under this base, your eye shadow will crease. I tried it time and time again and eventually just threw it away. What's the point of wearing a base of its just going to ruin your eye shadow in a matter of an hour (even with a nice solid primer). Don't waste your money.
on May 22, 2016
I have very oily skin and eyelids, and I've tried many different brands of primer. I am pleasantly surprised at how well this works for me. The first few times I tried it, I applied a very teeny amount to make a light layer, and was not completely satisfied with the result. Midway through the day I already had build-up in the creases of my eyelids. I kept at it, and tried applying a more liberal amount of primer, and that seemed to work well and last the whole day. Your results will probably depend on the amount of eye make-up you wear on top of it. I'm a very light make-up wearer, I don't add tons of product on my eyes, just a bit of shadow and liner. I'm sure each person's skin is also a bit different, but if you have oilier eyelids, I'd give this brand a shot. I also feel the amount you receive (.25 oz.) is a great deal compared to some other brands.
on May 23, 2016
I hadn't ever used this NYX Primer before and while I like it well enough, I doubt I'll purchase again. I prefer a primer that is less ... slick, for lack of better terminology? I'm not much of a cosmetic expert and am really just learning my way around, so most products I buy are trying to determine what works best for me. Prior to this primer I had used Julep's eye primer and then Urban Decay. Both of those were more of a solid dryer feeling primer and I preferred that. I have hooded lids and many shadows crease easily on me, this NYX primer didn't seem to work as well at keeping creasing from occurring or my shadow lasting as long. It could be me, or my technique, but I do think it was likely also the product. I love almost all of my other NYX cosmetics, but there's bound to be some misses, and this was one of them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.