|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
NZXT H230 Silent Chassis, White CA-H230I-W1
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clean, classic design and minimal hassle.
- Silent mid tower with 7 motherboard expansion slots.
- 2x USB 3.0, audio external connectors.
- Noise absorbing internal padding.
- Tool-free 5.25'' latch design.
- Removable HDD cage.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Computer Case, Gunmetal with Black Trim (CA-PH410-G1)
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case, White (CA-S340W-W1)
Nzxt S340VR Elite Computer Case, Matte White (CA-S340W-W2)
CORSAIR CARBIDE 330R Mid-Tower Case - Titanium Edition
NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case (White)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Device Type||Cases||Cases||Cases||Components Other||Cases||Cases|
|Item Dimensions||18.11 x 7.67 x 17.71 in||20.95 x 8.47 x 20.2 in||18.66 x 7.99 x 17 in||17 x 8 x 18.7 in||19.4 x 8.3 x 19.1 in||21.8 x 11.2 x 22 in|
|Item Weight||15.9 lbs||19.85 lbs||15.5 lbs||18 lbs||15 lbs||21.6 lbs|
Continuing the legacy of the H series, the H230 brings the same sound crushing abilities as its predecessors into a smaller, affordable package for all. Complete with a tool-free 5.25" latch design, removable HDD cage, seven expansion slots and USB 3.0 connectivity, the H230 brings all of the essentials together for hassle-free computing with a minimalistic edge. computing with a minimalistic edge.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- pretty! My college age daughter was quite impressed, said it looked really cool ... this is coming from a Macbook Pro user!
- spacious, with a removable middle drive bay
- lots of hard drive bays
- several extra place to mount fans (I moved the included rear fan to the front with the other included fan, and installed a higher airflow fan in the rear)
- easy to use large thumb screws
- lightweight while still fairly solid build
- many tie down points for cable management
- screens over all of the fan intakes
- Somewhat of a PRO - airflow is decent. Don't expect to achieve watercooled temp levels with this case, but mine is running at about 36 cel at rest (haven't stress tested it).
- drive caddies are quite flimsy and don't always stay in
- the clip in top 5 1/4" bay to keep the DVD-R doesn't stay locked down (:not an issue once the side is back on)
- not a "silent" case at all, although some of the design elements very likely help to reduce noise
- I found the side doors to be a pain in the butt to put back on; they have a lot of flex, and I feel like I need three hands to keep everything aligned
- possible CON - the power buttons are on top in the front. I have accidentally turned my system off twice, once while just unplugging the headphones. Still, they look nice and the double USB 3.0 ports are handy.
I would recommend this case, especially if you are looking for a white case without breaking your paycheck.
Update: After having this case for a couple months I have to say it's totally worth the price. I've seen a couple of reviews that mention it's not as quiet as they'd like, but I can only assume that those reviewers have some heavy duty cooling going on because I'm still not hearing a thing. It's pretty close to completely silent.
Great room for cable management, I have 5 hard drives in mine and it runs great.
+Plenty of room for cable management behind motherboard rack.
+Spongy layer inside of case does dampen sound, though not to the extent you might expect.
+Stock fans are quiet and efficient at moving air around the case.
-Not much room for water cooling solutions.
-The sponge on the back plate make it a tight fit to put back on after cable management.
For a mid sized silent case for a reasonable price, this is your case. With a little extra effort you can do some very good cable management, and though it's a tight fit, the side plates do not bow once they are back on. It is important to have realistic expectations so don't expect this case to make that noisy HDD any more silent, and if you have a stock fan on your CPU or a high RPM after market fans those wont be much more silent either. It looks good, it meets all reasonable expectations for the price, and was delivered quickly after ordering.
In terms of silence, this case definitely delivers. My build has a total of 9 fans: 4 120mm Case fans, twin 80mm fans mounted on my CPU heatsink, and 3 fans on my GPU. With all of these fans, the case stays quiet. However, I would recommend adding additional case fans - I added two Cooler Master 120m Sickleflow on both the front and bottom vents. Prior to adding the two additional case fans, my temperatures were often higher than what would be desirable. It wouldn't be uncommon for a whoosh of hot air to come rushing out of the case after removing one of the side panels. However, since having added the additional case fans, my temperatures have been great with idle around 28-30C, and never above 55C under load, even during gaming/multitasking.
-Adding case fans would be a great decision to get the most out of this case. There's no reason to replace the stock fans, I would just recommend adding a second intake fan in the front (this is vital) and a fan to the bottom (if it fits with your PSU).
-I have heard that the Hyper 212 Cooler Master is a tight fit, and presses against the sound insulation foam. I went with the Hyper D92, and it fits with plenty of clearance.
The case is solid, sturdy, and well designed. Nothing about the case feels flimsy, and everything is well finished. Would certainly recommend it.