Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 273 reviews
on March 8, 2016
I have to agree with the other 1 star reviews. As I sat here eating a few from a freshly opened box after not having had any for quite a while, the taste seemed SOOO bland and the crackers so... ??insubstantial?? ... that I decided to Google:

"premium saltine crackers" changed

and Whew! Evidently I am NOT alone in remembering them as being FAR better than they are today. Part of it seems to just be a reduction in salt, but part of it has to do with the integrity of the cracker under pressure (as when you're spreading something on one), and the "baking/toasting" of them: I remember crisp, slightly darker/tanner "bubbles" on the surface of the old crackers. The new ones seem to try to emulate that feature, but the bubbles are "fake" -- they're simply colorations without the fragile texture.

If the change was made for "health" reasons, they *SHOULD* have offered a new "healthy" variety while retaining the old variety for us extreme-risk-takers who occasionally like to live on the wild side.

- MJM
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
This review is based on the deception of this Amazon ad. Looking at this picture you are led to believe that you are to get 2 four-sleeved 16oz boxes. What I got was only 1 four-sleeved 16oz box. Shame on you Amazon! If I had known that this was a photo of 2 two-sleeved boxes, I wouldn't have purchased this item at all.
on June 23, 2017
Okay now let me tell you about these premium crackers my son is 37 years old want any other cracker do so it's got to be premium they are the best he says and he loves the fact that they are in separate little packages so they won't go stale that was so creative on who's on the Nabisco part because we grew up eating them but I really didn't care for them I very grateful that you had them for him at a cheap price because as you know we live in San Francisco California the most expensive city in the United States of America as of today so please keep them in stock I'm not sure again if they're on my subscription list but if they are not I do intend to put them there because he does love them very much.
on September 19, 2014
Premium are my favorite crackers. They still break. So being on Subscribe and Save these were the only Premium crackers I could get. They came yesterday and much to my surprise they are crispier, stronger, fresher than the usual box. I really enjoy getting home delivery and now that I can get these crackers , and they are good. Just something else I can get right to my door.
on August 16, 2013
When we have some wine, cheese and lunch meat, we want crackers with no salt because the other stuff with our snack is too salty. We have only one grocery store here (Kroger) and they don't sell this brand and I want to stick to a well known brand.
Mail ordering is the only way we can get what we want and not some low quality substitute.
on May 15, 2016
I've been a fan of these crackers from the first bite until a couple of months ago. Lately they have been way under baked and tasteless. What I enjoyed about them before was a nice buttery taste and just the right amount of baking - not burnt, not pasty (current). I find myself searching through the box looking for the yummy ones and feed the birds the others. Maybe I'll see what happens if I re-bake them...

I gotta mention the fact that Nabisco is quite adept at capitalism. the mini saltines first came out while other saltines were on sale locally (northeast), 2 boxes for $4. I won't buy them locally anymore, not at $3.49 per box. I don't like paying $3.16 per box here on Amazon, but they've got them at the lowest price around (when you buy six boxes at a time). if I can't figure out how to improve the taste here at home I won't buy them anymore from anywhere.
on October 15, 2016
Premium Saltine Crackers, (Original Topped with Sea Salt, 8-Ounce Box, Pack of 12)
^^^ Just to keep the Facts straight, when we have multiple flavors & choices.

VERY nice and crispy, plus with a more natural, GREAT low-salt taste. :)
And well appreciated, after all those high-preservative "chemistry experiments" that seem to come with a LOT of long-term storage, "survival food", on Amazon, if you can still call it food? :(

Oh yeah, one of my boxes says, Oct 16 2016 for the expiration date.
Oh well, like Welcome to the Amazon Market Place. . .
Where freight-damage and aging food get a "second chance" and your bucks. :(
on August 30, 2015
I love these almost as much as their minis. Because they are slightly larger, they come a little bit broken. But, no big deal as there are plenty of whole crackers left to spread chocolate-peanut butter on :) I save the crumbs and make meatloaf or meatballs.
on September 15, 2015
These little crackers are a version of oyster crackers. Basically, they are what the box says they are - miniature saltine crackers. They are great for soups and even for just a little snack. The basic difference between these and oyster crackers is the shape. These are flat like saltines and seem a little denser than the other type. I think they are great for even little kids for a snack. No sugar, of course.
on March 6, 2017
The crackers are fabulous.....price is more expensive than two local groceries. A disappointment for me. Love to one click order but have to be price conscious.