Have one to sell?
Nach innen: Toward the Inside Import
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
A tendency to focus on internal processes has emerged in the music of the last few decades. This disc features compositions on that theme by Mark Andre, Kaija Saariaho and Ian Willcock. Andre was seeking existential sonic situations on his path toward the inside (or nach innen, to quote the written-out title of his piece ni ). Like Andre, Saariaho has also delved into the internal nature of sound. Her rich variety of spectral harmonies tells an old story in a new way: a violin concerto that portrays the legend of the grail. Willcock s piece visits the discoverer of the unconscious, Sigmund Freud, on his deathbed. Freud s glimpses of the inside showed that sometimes there is more to be found there than the truth.
1. Grave, for ensemble
2. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 1
3. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 2
4. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 3
5. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 4
6. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 5
7. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 6
8. ni, for 14 instruments: No. 7
9. Graal théâtre, for violin & orchestra: Delicato
10. Graal théâtre, for violin & orchestra: Impetuoso
There are no customer reviews yet.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: Nach innen: Toward the Inside