Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Nairobi Heat (Melville International Crime)
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 4, 2018
Intense plot. The dichotomy of being Black in America is touched on from an African perspective. The dualality of being Black in the US and being Black American in Africa is the jewel of this novel. Isn't that a mystery all in itself? As a black man in America, I've always wondered if we would be accepted in Africa. This novel touches on the Rwanda Genecide. This scares me. I ponder. If Black people in America moved to africa, would we be accepted or would we be killed? As for the mystery, the whodunit, the resolve was a bit too easy. The guy basically told on himself to the police. Too convenient. It was a great read. I like what I learned about Africa. I look forward to more from this author.
on October 28, 2016
This novel is brilliant. Well written with an economic writing style that keeps the reader locked in from the start, this book is also inspiring--many thanks to the author for expressing this perspective through characters everyone will love. I appreciate the exposure of the complexities & beauty of Pan Africanism and identity. Nairobi Heat is exciting, unique, instant vintage.
on July 6, 2016
A great thriller with a fantastic believable plot. Great character development. The twists and turns are riveting. Could not put it down because I wanted to find out what was next.
on May 3, 2016
story was a good thriller but somewhat overly complicated plot. i wish it slowed down enough to get more character development. fast read so worth the effort but i wish it were edited back to get more into the moral dilemmas posed.
on April 22, 2015
The second part of the book is much better than the beginning. I kept getting lost and had to review what I had already read.
on April 18, 2015
I loved the rapid pace. I didn't care for all the violence, though it suited the story. Well written mostly but could have used editing for details that sometimes not clear.
on December 7, 2014
Interesting characters and vivid descriptions.
on May 17, 2014
Totally without merit and dull. All rehashed nonsense. This is not the "thriller" you savor for a good afternoon read.
on May 12, 2014
He is not the best of writers. I like his father writing better. But it's nice to read of Nairobi. The plot with the genocidech in Rwanda is i bit difficult to catch in the end. Need a better plot
on October 12, 2013
I purchased this because my daughter lived in Africa for 2 years and I was interested in something from an east African author. It is a quick read and a pretty good story. Not spectacular but okay.