- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1Ch 400W 45" Sound Bar with 8” Wireless Subwoofer & Rear Satellite Speakers
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Meet SHOCKWAFE, Nakamichi's reference series sound bar in a return to its original, high end heritage.
- Immerse yourself in superior 7.1 Channel surround realism with exclusive Surround Effects Tweeters, 5 individually sealed speaker chambers and 5 DSP chipsets. With unprecedented acoustic wideness and true-to-life clarity, bring your favorite entertainment alive with DSP EQ modes.
- Get ready to be blown away by 400 Watts of Room-Filling Sound, powered by 11 perfectly tuned speaker drivers that deliver up to 104dB of crystal clear sound, and an 8" Wireless Subwoofer that produces ground shaking bass that will rumble as low as 35Hz.
- Experience Unparalleled Design with an expanded 45" width and all available Cutting Edge Connectivity options, the perfect surround sound complements for Large HDTVs. Connectivity options include: HDMI with 4K Pass Thru IN x 2, TV HDMI (ARC), Analog Audio Input, Optical Input, USB, and Bluetooth.
- Only units purchased from Nakamichi LLC Nov 2017 or later are guaranteed to be equipped with the latest firmware v1.4+, dual IR remote control + hardware enhancements. New features include improved center channel vocals, compatibility with Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital plus (DD+) contents, improved audio resolution when played through Bluetooth, CEC enabled, upmixing of 2.0 content to 5.1, and increased volume on satellite speakers (can be adjusted).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1 Surround Soundbar System
Lifelike 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
-Experience breathtaking 7.1 Channel immersive surround sound in a simple package. Enjoy moving audio with 11 speakers all around you.
-Featuring a 45.5" sound bar with discrete left, right, center + 2 proprietary side firing front surround effects speakers, 2 rear satellites plus an 8" wireless subwoofer.
-Nakamichi Shockwafe's exclusive side firing FRONT SURROUND EFFECTS SPEAKERS produce ultra-wide, true-to-life surround sound that perfectly adapts to you, and your living room.
-400 Watts of power and up to 104dB sound output, engineered to deliver all the explosive energy that high performance home theater entertainment demands.
-Power Distribution: Sound Bar = 200W; Subwoofer = 150W; Rear Speakers = 50W
-Tight, punchy bass as low as 35Hz with 8" wireless subwoofer
-Enjoy Dolby Audio and DTS Digital Surround reference cinema audio technologies.
-5 individually sealed speaker chambers in the sound bar achieve a discrete audio configuration, dramatically expanding the immersiveness of your favorite entertainment.
-Powered by 5 DSP chipsets, Shockwafe upgrades source audio quality, reproducing the most realistic, natural surround sound.
Cutting Edge Connectivity
-Control your soundbar and TV with a single remote with HDMI CEC compatibility.
-Customize your rear, center & subwoofer volume levels with our backlit LCD remote
-2 x HDMI 4k pass thru input; 1 x HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
-1 x Optical; 1 x Coaxial; 1 x Analog input
-Bluetooth enabled, USB for firmware upgrade
-Included accessories: L/R Satellite Speakers Cables (26.2ft each), HDMI Cable (4ft), Optical Cable (4ft), Wall mounting kit.
7.1 Pro DTS:X (2017) Vs 7.1 Pro (2016)
- DTS:X compatibility. Next generation object-based surround. Enhanced immersiveness.
- Quad-Core Cirrus Logic DSP chipset vs Single Core DSP chipset. Top of the line surround sound decoding.
- Upgraded soundbar speaker drivers – Every driver is completely re-engineered for higher performance and clarity.
- Two way rear speaker drivers Vs One-Way rear speaker driver. Better midrange and high frequency surround effects.
- Re-designed more powerful down-firing 8” wireless subwoofer. Better bass output to improve realism.
- HDCP 2.2 advanced connectivity for newer high resolution TVs. Seamless integration to the latest standards.
- HDR advanced connectivity for newer high resolution TVs. Seamless integration to the latest standards.
- 5 Digit LED display on soundbar to show soundbar functionality.
- 1 additional HDMI port (total 3 HDMI inputs) + HDMI ARC to handle more components
- New improved and enhanced 52-key backlit remote
- Bluetooth aptX capability for highest quality audio streaming
- 110-240 dual voltage
Compare with similar items
Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth & DTS Virtual:X Black
VIZIO SB4451-C0 SmartCast 44" 5.1 Sound Bar System
Onkyo SBT-A500 3.1.2 Ch. Dolby Atmos Sound Bar System
Yamaha YSP-5600 Music Cast Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos & DTS, Works with Alexa
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Nakamichi LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Electronics Expo||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 45.5 x 3 in||36.62 x 4.25 x 2.38 in||3 x 44 x 3 in||10.25 x 10.56 x 13.31 in||43.25 x 3.62 x 8.38 in|
|Item Weight||23.85 lbs||6 lbs||10.8 lbs||27 lbs||25.8 lbs|
|Speaker Type||Wireless, In Ceiling, Subwoofers, Surround, Satellite, Soundbar||Surround||Surround||Soundbars||Soundbars|
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Purchased both units to do a sound off. The winner will be in my living room and other for my bedroom. As a big fan of my old Vizio, I opened the box first and noticed much improved design and aesthetics on the newer model. The new HDMI input is a big plus! Then comes the Nakamichi. The design is also quite attractive. I immediately noticed the difference when I placed both units under my 55" Samsung 4K TV. The 5" width difference makes the Vizio less appealing visually. The subwoofer is also quite a bit larger 8" Vs Vizio's 6". The additional HDMI input and 4K pass through complements my new 4K TV. Connections were fairly simple for both units. Took me less than 10 minutes each. The two rear speakers connect directly to the wireless subwoofer in the back of the room, eliminating surround sound wiring nightmares.
Both units were a joy to listen to. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile but I could instantly hear the difference. The Vizio sounds as good as my previous one but the Nakamichi sounds "AMAZING"! Vocals are clear without overpowering by the rich, unified sound at all volumes. I rewatched the Martian using my Blu-ray player and a few episodes of Narcos, Dare Devil and House of Cards on Netflix. For some reason, I could hear a lot more details on the Nakamichi and it felt like the soundstage was much wider with surrounds coming from all directions. At 50% volume, the Nakamichi was much louder than the Vizio's with noticeably better bass. At 70% volume, I can practically feel the tight and deep bass in my chest.
I then tested BT on both units with CDs, Spotify streaming and Sting and Adele live concert Blu-ray disc. Results were similar with the Nakamichi outperforming the Vizio. The sound is balanced whether I am watching a live music concert or an action movie. One thing I really noticed again was the size of the soundstage, it was huge. The additional side speakers provided extremely good extension details on both sides of the room.
I also enjoyed the simple and user friendly remotes on both units. The Nakamichi's form factor is a bit easier to hold and the backlit display functions much better than Vizio's in a dark room.
From a price to performance standpoint, the Nakamichi is hard to beat. I’m really happy with this purchase and highly recommend it.
1. Speaker materials are good since there is no degradation of audio
2. HDMI ARC is the way to go. I have plethora of devices and HDMI ARC is the input source of choice.
3. I updated firmware two times. Second update improved decoding support over optical cable.
1. If my SAMSUNG TV is switched off using a remote, the soundbar also turns off. The CEC control has some issue. It might be nakamichi or it might be Samsung and it was so irritating till I got myself a logitech harmony to automate the sequence. For now, just switch off Nakamichi before switching off the TV.
2. If it were not for logitech harmony, I would not have discovered more "equaliser" options. The nakamichi remote is not future proof. It does not list all equaliser options, which otherwise is available on logitech harmony. It makes sense because the nakamichi sound bar and logitech are both software updatable. Remote is hard-wired.
1. Apple TV via optical (i have a 3-to-1 optical switcher automated via harmony)
2. Roku, Raspberry, Chromecast and Smart TV audio via HDMI ARC
3. PS4 via optical (i have a 3-to-1 optical switcher automated via harmony)