Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
|Price:||$5.99 - $145.29|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Nalgene's bestselling water bottle for more than 20 years
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester with superior impact resistance; dishwasher safe on top rack
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit); wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters; marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in the USA and guaranteed for the life of the product
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Our most popular bottle, made with Tritan material which is 100 percent free of BPA, a chemical that has been found to disrupt natural hormones. This fresh take on the classic Nalgene is made without dangerous chemicals and will never leach a plastic taste into your water.
Available in a variety of colors to help brighten up anybody's gear. The large opening on our wide-mouth bottles easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing a breeze. The attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily.
This is the bottle that established Nalgene as a household name, and remains the company's bestseller. Hikers and other outdoor types have used Nalgene bottles for over 20 years, which is why most backpacks have a side pocket designed to accommodate a Nalgene. Its design, though simple, boasts more than 50 years of manufacturing fine-tuning that's resulted in a remarkably durable, leakproof bottle that's guaranteed for life.
Measurement markers printed on the side of the bottle help you track your fluid intake, and are also handy when mixing beverages in the bottle. Available in a variety of colors, the bottle has a large opening which easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing easy. An attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily, while offering a handy finger hold when on the move.
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester
- Dishwasher safe on the top rack
- Superior impact resistance
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Convenient loop-top design means you'll never lose the lid
- Wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters
- Marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in USA
Anatomy of a Nalgene Bottle
- Threads: Nalgene bottles and caps feature continuous, straight shouldered semi-buttress threads for increased contact area on the surface. This allows for greater tightening force without stripping threads.
- Cap: Durable caps are designed and built to perfectly mate with their respective containers. There's no separate liner to wear, crease, fall out, or leak, and the seal ring is molded directly into each cap.
- FDA Compliant, BPA-free Materials: Nalgene bottles are molded from 100% virgin resin with nothing but FDA compliant colors added. Finished products are tested according to the requirements of the USFDA for food and beverage contact.
- Heavy-duty Walls: Uniformly durable walls are thicker and more resistant to failure than many similar looking, but lower quality bottles.
- Bottom: Inner corners of each bottle's bottom are curved for easy cleaning, and a plastic resin code is molded into the bottle for eventual recycling after years of sturdy service.
Nalgene is one of those brands many consider synonymous with its product category, much like Rollerblades or Q-Tips. The company creates ubiquitous BPA-free colored water bottles, geared toward providing a simple personal hydration solution that respects the environment. Nalgene offers a full product line of reusable containers of all kinds, made from a wide range of materials.
Top Customer Reviews
When it comes to bottles, here is what I look for:
- Large mouth: To allow the water in an out quickly which can also double as a container for food or other substance if needed and makes it easier to clean.
- Water purification compatibility: I carry a Katadyn water purification system and this bottle screws directly onto the bottom of the filter. This may seem minor but is actually somewhat important because if your bottle doesn't attach (or if all you carry is a hydration bladder) it is difficult to bend down by a lake or river and pump water into an unattached container as the filters requires two hands to operate. This is particularly true if you're standing on slipper rocks or ice.
- Screw on top: I don't like opening gadgets like buttons and levers. These are too easy to accidental open and wet gear is no fun at any time of the year, but can be a real problem in the winter.
- Volume measurements along the side: This makes it easy to add the right mix of purification tablets, powder drink mix, etc and gives you a gauge of how much fluid you are drinking.
- No straw - this is a germ magnet and is difficult to clean. One of the last things you want in back country is a stomach virus
- BPA free
This bottle meets all of these requirements and for this reason it is the ONLY bottle I carry on searches.
BTW, I also carry a bladder in my pack for additional liquid, but a separate bottle is essential from my perspective. I highly recommend that you do not try to fill a bladder directly from a filter. It is much more difficult and can result in a contaminated water supply. Also bottles with open mouths are more suited for other uses other than drinking (washing hands, cleaning food, flushing out abrasions, etc.)
I hope this helps,