Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
$6.00 - $175.15
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Nalgene's bestselling water bottle for more than 20 years
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester with superior impact resistance; dishwasher safe on top rack
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit); wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters; marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in the USA and guaranteed for the life of the product
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Our most popular bottle, made with Tritan material which is 100 percent free of BPA, a chemical that has been found to disrupt natural hormones. This fresh take on the classic Nalgene is made without dangerous chemicals and will never leach a plastic taste into your water.
Available in a variety of colors to help brighten up anybody's gear. The large opening on our wide-mouth bottles easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing a breeze. The attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily.
This is the bottle that established Nalgene as a household name, and remains the company's bestseller. Hikers and other outdoor types have used Nalgene bottles for over 20 years, which is why most backpacks have a side pocket designed to accommodate a Nalgene. Its design, though simple, boasts more than 50 years of manufacturing fine-tuning that's resulted in a remarkably durable, leakproof bottle that's guaranteed for life.
Measurement markers printed on the side of the bottle help you track your fluid intake, and are also handy when mixing beverages in the bottle. Available in a variety of colors, the bottle has a large opening which easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing easy. An attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily, while offering a handy finger hold when on the move.
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester
- Dishwasher safe on the top rack
- Superior impact resistance
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Convenient loop-top design means you'll never lose the lid
- Wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters
- Marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in USA
Anatomy of a Nalgene Bottle
- Threads: Nalgene bottles and caps feature continuous, straight shouldered semi-buttress threads for increased contact area on the surface. This allows for greater tightening force without stripping threads.
- Cap: Durable caps are designed and built to perfectly mate with their respective containers. There's no separate liner to wear, crease, fall out, or leak, and the seal ring is molded directly into each cap.
- FDA Compliant, BPA-free Materials: Nalgene bottles are molded from 100% virgin resin with nothing but FDA compliant colors added. Finished products are tested according to the requirements of the USFDA for food and beverage contact.
- Heavy-duty Walls: Uniformly durable walls are thicker and more resistant to failure than many similar looking, but lower quality bottles.
- Bottom: Inner corners of each bottle's bottom are curved for easy cleaning, and a plastic resin code is molded into the bottle for eventual recycling after years of sturdy service.
Nalgene is one of those brands many consider synonymous with its product category, much like Rollerblades or Q-Tips. The company creates ubiquitous BPA-free colored water bottles, geared toward providing a simple personal hydration solution that respects the environment. Nalgene offers a full product line of reusable containers of all kinds, made from a wide range of materials.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
PROS (in order of importance)
1. The opening is wide, which makes cleaning easy. I use scrubs that are designed to help you wash baby bottles, and they work beautifully on my new Nalgene. (My old one -- a tall, stainless steel one with a tiny opening -- was impossible to wash, and I thought I saw something growing at the bottom but couldn't see clearly enough to be sure. You can bet that I tossed it out immediately)
2. It's HUGE. I've always been really conscious about staying hydrated, so I'm all about its capacity (32 ounces). Also, I've become a gym rat, so I needed a bottle that could hold a hefty amount of liquid.
2a. It comes with an indicator that tells you how much (both in milliliters and fluid ounces) you have inside the bottle at any given time. I don't pay this particular attention because I just fill this bottle up to its capacity and drink the water, but I suppose it can be helpful for those who are really careful about their portions or those who want to use it to get their proportions for lemonade or energy powders right.
3. It's SO durable. (I love it, I love it, I love it.) I'm really clumsy, and I tend to drop things. But my new bottle has been a champ when it comes to rolling with the punches.
4. You can customize yours by color. I got mine in Trout Green, which I love (though why would you call it such an unappealing name?). It's not really green at all -- it's more like a teal, maybe? I'm obsessed with it.
5. It's easy to open. Again, I'm a gym rat now, and this is important to me.
6. You can get the "Nalgene Easy Sipper" if you're a klutz like me. This helps to restrict how much water you can spill on yourself in one go, haha.
1. Admittedly, it's a bit bulky and won't fit in most (if any) cup holders. I usually just toss it into the passenger seat. Also, you're better off holding this rather than trying to stuff it in a bag, especially since it can move around in your tote bag or backpack and jut out against your body. BUT if you're like me, you can also just take some paracord and make an easy wrist strap for yourself (which you can then hook onto your tote bag with a carabineer).
2. There's disagreement over whether or not the plastic used to make a Nalgene can be harmful if left in the sun. But my countermeasure is to not leave it in the sun, DUH. I mean, this is kind of common sense for all of the things that people drink, right? (I mean, who's trying to drink chunky, sun-warmed milk or sun-baked water? I'll leave my bottle under the shade or cover it with a jacket, thanks.)
I carry this bottle with me every day, whether I'm at home or out. I am almost OCD about drinking 64 ounces of water every day so this bottle is how I track it. (I have a health reason for making sure I drink that amount). I can't go wrong with this product in any color. They get dropped, sat on, rolled down rocky banks, left in hot cars, filled with an occasional adult beverage, bitten by a bobcat (that really happened), dropped off the hood of a moving truck, even stood in for a foam roller when I had an intense charlie horse during halftime of a game I was playing in. However, my stupid friend just HAD to know this for a fact, and trust me it's a fact... these are not bulletproof. Don't ask. It involved a few hours in the local ER to remove what was left of the bottle from his dumb@$$ shins.