Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
$5.00 - $506.18
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Nalgene's bestselling water bottle for more than 20 years
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester with superior impact resistance; dishwasher safe on top rack
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit); wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters; marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in the USA and guaranteed for the life of the product
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Our most popular bottle, made with Tritan material which is 100 percent free of BPA, a chemical that has been found to disrupt natural hormones. This fresh take on the classic Nalgene is made without dangerous chemicals and will never leach a plastic taste into your water.
Available in a variety of colors to help brighten up anybody's gear. The large opening on our wide-mouth bottles easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing a breeze. The attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily.
This is the bottle that established Nalgene as a household name, and remains the company's bestseller. Hikers and other outdoor types have used Nalgene bottles for over 20 years, which is why most backpacks have a side pocket designed to accommodate a Nalgene. Its design, though simple, boasts more than 50 years of manufacturing fine-tuning that's resulted in a remarkably durable, leakproof bottle that's guaranteed for life.
Measurement markers printed on the side of the bottle help you track your fluid intake, and are also handy when mixing beverages in the bottle. Available in a variety of colors, the bottle has a large opening which easily accommodates ice cubes, fits most water purifiers and filters, and makes hand washing easy. An attached loop-top never gets lost and screws on and off easily, while offering a handy finger hold when on the move.
- Made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan co-polyester
- Dishwasher safe on the top rack
- Superior impact resistance
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Convenient loop-top design means you'll never lose the lid
- Wide mouth makes cleaning and adding ice cubes easy
- Opening accommodates most water filters
- Marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
- Made in USA
Anatomy of a Nalgene Bottle
- Threads: Nalgene bottles and caps feature continuous, straight shouldered semi-buttress threads for increased contact area on the surface. This allows for greater tightening force without stripping threads.
- Cap: Durable caps are designed and built to perfectly mate with their respective containers. There's no separate liner to wear, crease, fall out, or leak, and the seal ring is molded directly into each cap.
- FDA Compliant, BPA-free Materials: Nalgene bottles are molded from 100% virgin resin with nothing but FDA compliant colors added. Finished products are tested according to the requirements of the USFDA for food and beverage contact.
- Heavy-duty Walls: Uniformly durable walls are thicker and more resistant to failure than many similar looking, but lower quality bottles.
- Bottom: Inner corners of each bottle's bottom are curved for easy cleaning, and a plastic resin code is molded into the bottle for eventual recycling after years of sturdy service.
Nalgene is one of those brands many consider synonymous with its product category, much like Rollerblades or Q-Tips. The company creates ubiquitous BPA-free colored water bottles, geared toward providing a simple personal hydration solution that respects the environment. Nalgene offers a full product line of reusable containers of all kinds, made from a wide range of materials.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
(1) Must be easy to clean
(2) Must readily hold ice
(3) Easy to drink from
(5) Holds between 20 and 40 fluid ounces
(6) Easy to keep track of/spot
These criteria are listed in order of importance, and I’ve selected these due to downfalls of previous bottles. Past water bottles I’ve tried are often difficult or impossible to clean, and I particularly dislike the metal ones with mouthpieces the size of a nickel. How am I supposed to clean that without a special brush? Small mouthpieces also bar the use of cubed ice, which I particularly enjoy on long road trips. Some bottles hold ice readily—think Camelback nipple bottles—but I find these difficult to drink from and even harder to clean.
The rest of my criteria are not as important to me as those listed previously, yet are still desirable in the hunt for a premium water-storage device. I like durable bottles that wont dent and lose their ability to stand upright—think Klean Kanteen. Additionally, I like water bottles that hold just the right amount of water, and are easy to keep track of.
After using my Nalgene bottles for over a year I have found they meet all of my criteria. To put my use of these bottles in perspective I use them every day—literally. I use the Nalgene at work, at school, on camping trips, at the gym, and on road trips.
I have found the Nalgene to be very easy to clean due to its wide mouthpiece, which also makes it very easy to fill with water and ice. The Nalgene is also very easy to drink from, though this is where my one and only complaint comes in. If you like to drink water with ice, it is difficult to drink the last ~10 fluid ounces of water without having the ice and water spill on your face. I did this many, many times before eventually buying the Nalgene Splashguard (which runs around 2-4$).
Although I simply adore the mouth guard in concert with the Nalgene bottle it functions perfectly well without it. I will also note that I own the “narrow mouth” Nalgene water bottle, and find it to work perfectly well. This bottle is easier to drink from, yet can limit the use of ice in your water bottle.
As previously mentioned, the last three criteria are less important than others, but I feel the wide mouth Nalgene meets all of these perfectly well. These are incredibly durable bottles. Mine have performed numerous feats of super water bottle strength, but I'll just share two.
While at a local climbing gym my Nalgene was knocked from the second story balcony. The bottle fell nearly thirty feet to a concrete surface below and stayed perfectly intact. I had heard of the strength of Nalgene bottles in the past, but this really sold me on the durability of the product. A metal water bottle would likely have been dented beyond use, and a glass water bottle would likely have lead to a closed gym floor—though come to think of it most gyms disallow glass water bottles anyway.
Just recently I was in Yosemite National Park and I drove away from a falls lookout with my bottle on the roof. My friends and I discovered my mistake when my Nalgene water bottle hit the ground in front of us going roughly 10 miles per hour. Although a few of my stickers are worse for wear, the Nalgene has survived to fight another day.
My last comments pertain to the size and “trackability” of the Nalgene water bottle. These bottles can be purchased in 32 and 16 fluid ounce sizes, and I find the 32 ounce size suits all of my needs. While it may not fit in your average cup holder, I find no issue with fitting it in my car’s door panel. When I'm at work or school I either toss it in my bag or clip it to my pack with a carabiner. Lastly, the wide variety of colors allows one to differentiate their bottle from other peoples’ bottles while adding flare to your every day carry.
As you can see my Nalgene has amassed a variety of stickers over the past year or two, and it has become quite personalized. I bring these bottles everywhere, and have yet to find an adventure they can’t handle. I truly don’t think a better bottle exists.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The great thing about this bottle is that it gives you a lot of volume, but without being wide, you can still stick it in your...Read more