Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wide Mouth Cantene
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.26 (16%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BPA free, made using the finest plastics and metals
- Great for use in both outdoor and indoor activities
- Great look and innovative carrying solutions for your liquids
- Wide-Mouth Cantene made of multilayered material for stiffness, strength, and stand-up capability, yet is soft and flexible to be folded or rolled when empty
- Wide opening accepts ice cubes and provides easy access for cleaning, and also accommodates all major water filters
- Guaranteed leakproof system and loop-top cap offer reliability and versatility, and gusseted bottom stands upright
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This Mouth Wide Canteen is made of multilayered material that offers stiffness and strength for stand-up capability, yet is soft and flexible to be folded or rolled. The wide mouth opening accepts ice cubes and provides easy access for cleaning. Also accommodates all major water filters. Guaranteed leakproof system with loop-top cap. Gusseted bottom stands upright.
Item Shape: 48 oz
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*I posted a picture under "images" of the leak*
I did purchase another similar product around the same time Platy Soft Bottle with Closure Cap and this one is still going strong.I would not buy the Nalgene one again, but would buy the Platy soft bottle one again. Hope this helps!
Of the two, I prefer the Platy for drinking and condensed size when empty. I also like that it has a cary loop, but it holds less water. The Nalgene is prefered for public filling and easy cleaning. By public filling I mean from prefiltered supplies via nozzle distribution. When I travel to Africa we purchase and/or filter water for consumption and it's dispensed via pump or gravity nozzle from 5 gallon jugs. Because the openings are small in the Platy, it awkward when sharing a supply with a large group as the opening is only slightly larger than the nozzle - read people don't want your mouth germs on the nozzle. Ha. Even if you wash it in advance, you still draw looks and you can't be sure others have kept it clean as well. For gravity filtration in-camp where my gear is my own, this is great. I pre-filter 2 liters and then hang the clean bag and fill the Platy with the hose. Beautiful. The Nalgene is easy for this as well in-camp, and much better with the nozzle flow as it's got the same wide diameter opening as a standard bottle. Again, washing this out is a breeze and you can even use a dish wand which is helpful.
- small when empty
- good quality
- easy to fill and clean
- stands up ok when filled above half way
- fits well in water bladder sleeve for storage (no straw)
- can be tucked around objects in a bag as it's malleable
- doesn't stand up well when below half volume
- doesn't fit in expandible fabric backpack bottle pockets NEARLY as well as standard, rigid bottles (if at all)
- doesn't get as small as the Platypus version
- I prefer the smaller opening on the Platy for drinking, it's like the opening on a Smart Water bottle, etc. and you can drink it easily on the move without it spilling because the entire thing fits in the mouth easily.
That was back in September. Since then I've used this cantene at work every day. I go to the water cooler in the morning, fill it up to the 48 oz line, and drink it all by the end of the day. I have a glass at my desk that I pour the water into.
It's great because I know I am drinking somewhat close to the 64 oz. recommended amount of water every day. Also, I don't have to get up every hour or so to fill my cup.
I would highly recommend this for camping or just a healthier lifestyle of drinking water more.
My only issues, although very minor, are in the aesthetics. I'd prefer different colors (darker blues, or blacks, even grays). I also don't care for the Typefaces that are used on the bottle. In no way do these things ruin the usability of the bottle, so I don't mind letting them slide.