- Product Dimensions: 13 x 11 x 3 inches ; 9.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0047GOONM
- Item model number: on the fly-8
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,822 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #354 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nalgene On The Fly Water Bottle
|Price:||$11.60 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- On the Fly features many upgrades from the On the Go model. Leakproof closure with push button opening. Fits in cup holders.
- Fits in bike cages. One handed operation. BPA Free.
- Approx 9 1/2 inches tall. Dishwasher safe. Compostable EarthFirst bottle shrink sleeve packaging is made from renewable plant resources.
- Cap is made in China the bottle is made in USA. The OTF cap will fit on some other wide mouth bottles. Weight 4.8 oz. (136 grams).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||9.75 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.44 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.44 pounds|
|Sport Type||Sporting Goods|
Nalgene's newest leak-proof loop-top swings open wide to reveal a contoured, high-low drinking spout that's easy to fill at the fountain or sink. One-handed push button for easy open/close; locking bail for ultimate insurance against leaks.
It is the eveloution of the On The Go (OTG) water bottle. The Nalegene On The Fly (OTF) fits in a cup holder and a bike's bottle cage. The BPA-free Tritan material lets you taste what is in your bottle. And now, with the locking bale, the bottle is leakproof.
Nalgene On The Fly
- Leakproof closure
- Fits in cup holders
- Fits in bike cages
- One-handed operation
- BPA free
Top Customer Reviews
- the 1-pint is stout and doesn't fit in some cupholders, the OTF bottle is taller and holds more water
- the 1-pint has white volume markings which are easy to read, but the OTF markings are molded in and much harder to read
- the 1-pint requires two hands to open and close the lid (twist on and off), the OTF bottle needs only one hand but requires a multi-step process (metal ring and plastic button)
- the 1-pint has a single 30mm opening, the OTF bottle has a separate screw-off lid with a 53mm opening (which allows you to easily add ice cubes or clean the interior). The separate lid has a 22mm opening in the spout for drinking.
- the SteriPen interfaces to the 1-pint's 30mm opening on the plastic body, but on the OTF bottle's 22mm opening the interface is to the rubber
- both bottles can be secured to hang from a strap, but the OTF bottle's lid hinge seems more substantial than the 1-pint's flexible cap retainer strap
In the end, I prefer the OTF bottle, but my wife prefers the 1-pint because it is slightly more compact, is less gimmicky, and is somewhat less expensive. She is also concerned that something on the OTF bottle will eventually break. I'll update this review after I gain some "field experience" with both bottles.
UPDATE Aug 13 2014: after traveling to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru with this water bottle, I am convinced I made the right choice:
- The slim bottle is an easy fit in the side pockets of my Pacsafe Luggage Metrosafe 300 Gii Laptop Bag
- one handed opening is easy
- one handed closing is possible, but a lot easier if the bottle is pushed against something solid (such as a tabletop, your knee, stomach, or crook of your other arm)
- I found it easiest and most convenient to drink with the spout cover on one side, in my case, over my right cheek. This orients the long axis of the elliptical spout opening sideways in order to line up with your mouth, and the cover will not flip down as you are drinking
- the small drinking spout worked perfectly with our SteriPen Traveler Retail Pack
- The taller size of this bottle means it did not fit under the faucet of some public sinks. In those cases, my wife's shorter NALGENE Tritan 1-Pint Narrow Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle was needed to transfer water from the faucet to my OTF bottle.
- the wide mouth of this bottle makes it easy to add ice or to clean
I still prefer this OTF bottle to my wife's 1-pint narrow mouth screw top bottle, and am happy with my purchase.
My favorite part is the design. The shape of the cap makes it very easy to carry. The bottle itself feels very natural in your hand. For me, this bottle is the perfect size and shape.
The only issue I have is with the way this cap closes. One issue is that you have to press kind of hard to close it. This isn’t a big deal though, and you actually get used to it pretty quickly. BUT, you must make sure to flip up the metal hook to constrain the cap if you don’t want it to spill. I have dropped the bottle before and the cap opens instantly if the hook isn’t fastened. As long as the hook is on, the cap seems to prevent spills very effectively.
One other thing about this – and it’s not a big deal – is that it doesn’t look like the cap closes all the way. You do hear a *click* sound which is reassuring…but it’s a little unsettling to see this gap in the lid.
But overall, this is the best water bottle I have ever owned. Highly recommended.