Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 13, 2011
Santa brought this game for our 10 year-old son this Christmas. He loves Pac-Man and wanted his own game to play at home. He was really excited to get this title. He enjoys playing the Pac-Man game, as well as several of the other games included on the game card. I am disappointed in the interface, however. Once you start any of the arcade games, the instructions, scores, and other text are cut off at the bottom, making them difficult to read. It is also difficult to use the button controls with one hand to play the game. He tried resting the DS unit on a table, freeing both hands to work the controls to the left of the screen, but his hands kept touching the lower screen and pausing the game. It would be helpful if the stylus were able to control game movements, or if there were a "virtual" keypad on the lower screen for controlling movement on the top screen. I downloaded a Pac-Man game to my phone, and he enjoys playing that version better since it does allow both stylus and virtual keypad control.
on March 14, 2016
I had this game for the Xbox years ago, but the disk had an accident and ended up shattering just a few years ago. It is a blast from the past! Teaching my 4 year old to play is really funny. He definitely isn't used to the old 2 bit games. Haha!
on October 22, 2009
Each of my two grandsons have a Nitendo DS game device. I purchased this game for them. It is a little difficult for the 5 year old but the 10 year old loves it.
on May 9, 2011
Brought me back to my frivolous youth spent in the arcades spending too many quarters on pacman, Galaga and Galaxian. It's a little harder to play on the small scree of DS, but all the fun is still there. I thoroughly enjoy the game without having to spend all those quarters!
on April 24, 2016
These games are just like the arcade classics. Only difference is you get to play them on the DS instead of on an arcade machine. Really have enjoyed playing these old classics on my DS. So, buy this game!!
on October 30, 2016
Amazing collection of classics! There's even a library with sounds from the games, and a library that tell's you all about each game. Just like the originals except now I have them on the go! I recommend this to anyone who's a fan of these classics.
on March 20, 2011
I bought this game for the same reason everyone else does. Im from the Pac-Man generation ( In my 40's ) and I cant tell you how many of my quarters was gobbled up by this game in my youth. I bought it for PacMan and Galaga. The other games I could care less about especially Dig-dug 2 ( Crap). In their defense, I must say they are exact replicas of their arcade counterparts. The game is fine except a game like Pacman requires a joystick and not a pad controller. You cannot execute the pacman smoothly without a joystick which is why I think this game will fare better on the 3DS since it will come with a round joystick. Believe me, my arcade high score on the Pacster was over 240k so I do know how to play it best. Galaga works fine with the D-pad. The other games I cannot comment on since I really do not play them but I dont see a problem either. Its really a personal judgement call since this game cost less than the amount of quarters I put in one week in the arcade version of Pacman lol. Im sure once I try it on the 3DS I will be able to give it 5 stars but for now on the regular ds it leaves you wanting something better.
on October 18, 2015
Pretty good PAC-MAN game for the DS. To play single-player go into Arcade not VS.
However, I sure wish there was MS.Pac-Man as well as I get bored with the same board layout and fruit not moving.
on December 30, 2009
I love this game. I got it for my son who likes pac man and i have taken it over and i am constantly taking his DS and playing Gallega which is also on it. I used to play Gallega when i was a kid in the old arcades. The graphics are really good and you can adjust how many spaceships you get until you get better. My son and i play all the time. it's a lot of fun and a great price for a DS game.
If you bought Namco museum game for the PS2 then you already know what to expect, if you haven't bought this game yet but or a fan of the newer games this one isn't for you. This has pretty much most of the games we remember playing in the 80's at the arcade or pizza parlors and now that it's on a more portable and accessible platform it makes playing these games just as fun now as back then. The basic games are Pac-man,Dig-Dug and Galaga though there are some others these games are probably the ones you'll spend most of your time playing though. Again if you're expecting graphics like Uncharted or Gears of war then obviously you didn't read the information or didn't bother, most of the games are pretty much going to look like games from the 8bit Nintendo days no surprise though but if you give it a try you might just be a little shocked at how much fun you get from these longtime classic games.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.