- File Size: 1242 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Publication Date: February 7, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01BK3O95M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#29,848 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #165 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- #327 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- #393 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $9.00 (90%)
Nameless (Broken City Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are 3 male rescuers and I find it unsettling how much touching of Allura goes on. It seems creepy. She isn't a 3-year old child so climbing onto a guy's lap for cuddling was over the top. The guy asking her to do so was over the top. For normal life it would be creepy so for someone who has suffered in the channels for so long it seems very unlikely/dangerous/creepy. That felt like a huge step outside character for all of them.
So despite the touching, the slow reveal and the brevity, I enjoyed the overall story line and moved quickly on to Forsaken.
The bad news however: Sadly one of Jessica's flaws is that she has a bad habit of trying to force sexual tension in some of her novels and novellas. Sometimes it works but other times it doesn't. I was able to tolerate a few of them early on in the book. But by the sixty percent mark (over half way), it got to be rather grating. From 'accidentally' grabbing butts, to suddenly grabbing a female who doesn't like to be touched and a whole lot of other ridiculous set ups. I almost gave up on reading the book entirely and had to sometimes put it down for days at a time. At the end of the day these annoying tidbits disrupted the flow of the story and took me out of the book entirely. Not a good sign. Still plan to read on but think I'll take a break and instead of buying anymore of this series when I come back. I'll just sign up and use KU instead.
* Creative apocalypse/paranormal world created
* Well written and fast paced plot
* Offered as a kindleunlimited
* I really liked the heroine in this book -little things about her, for instance how she'd never seen a mirror and had no idea what she looked like - her character just came across as humble and almost innocent despite this horrible world
* It was too short - I get that it was only the first book of the series but this read more like a "serial" rather than a first installment
* The book cover is dreadful
* I didn’t like the idea of a love triangle - 3 men rescue the heroine and they all seem to be smitten with her in some way- I wish the romantic interest had only been portrayed as a possibility between Allura and one of the men.
* I wasn’t a fan of the ending - while it wasn’t a brutal cliffhanger like many Ive come across, it just seems to end at an awkward part - this one didn’t even feel like a HFN, one page you were reading along, then BAM, advertisement for book 2.
All things considered, I was pleased with this read and will definitely check out book 2. I just hope this isn’t one of those series that keeps going and going. I want some closure in the foreseeable future.
The protagonist is led around by others and things happen that are never fully understood. At the end of the book she is being led somewhere else. As far as I can remember, she doesn't make a single significant decision in the entire book. This isn't even the first act of a story.
I don't care if a series of books is planned. The first book should still be a standalone story. Look at Harry Potter or Hunger Games for examples.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian