- File Size: 2009 KB
- Print Length: 223 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: October 8, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M0RQEP8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#103,498 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #133 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- #359 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- #434 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
Nameless (The Memoirs of Jane E, Friendless Orphan Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I received a complimentary copy from InterVarsity Press via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Jane is now in the employ of Mr. Thorne, working as a homeschooler to his ward, Kirki. While the futuristic element is still at play, this part of the tale focuses more on the relationship between Jane and Mr. Thorne. The electricity between them is so palpable, sparks should be coming off the pages. But, as with all classic fictional romances, there is much that is keeping them apart.
Cupp has an amazing gift for prose. It takes a lot of guts to reimagine a classic that people love as much as Jane Eyre, but she has pulled it off with style and grace. I’m already looking forward to the third installment!
In Nameless, Jane_E is now employed as a live-in tutor for her employer’s young ward, and works there several weeks before meeting her employer. Once she does, though, sparks begin to fly! As Jane_E is convinced of her own ugliness, awkwardness and unworthiness, she questions Thorne’s motives and doubts his sincerity. Inevitably, romance ensues–but then the mysterious source of strange household events is revealed, and this threatens Jane_E’s integrity as well as her relationship with Thorne.
I found this installment of the story even more suspenseful than the first part. Highly recommended!
(This review is based on an ARC provided by the author. I received no compensation for sharing my opinion.)
The retelling is innovative enough to be fresh but follows Jane Eyre closely enough for me to imagine Jane E roaming the halls of Thornfield rather than Emhain Macha. It's a beautiful marriage (a singular marriage!) of the two tales.
I can't wait to read the final installment in the series and see where the author's creativity takes this familiar story.
(I received a complimentary copy from the author with whom I am a member of the Catholic Writers Guild. My review and opinions are my own.)
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian