- File Size: 1830 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Publication Date: February 7, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01BK3O95M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #32,505 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Nameless: A Reverse Harem Series (Broken City Book 1) Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are 3 male rescuers and I find it unsettling how much touching of Allura goes on. It seems creepy. She isn't a 3-year old child so climbing onto a guy's lap for cuddling was over the top. The guy asking her to do so was over the top. For normal life it would be creepy so for someone who has suffered in the channels for so long it seems very unlikely/dangerous/creepy. That felt like a huge step outside character for all of them.
So despite the touching, the slow reveal and the brevity, I enjoyed the overall story line and moved quickly on to Forsaken.
The bad news however: Sadly one of Jessica's flaws is that she has a bad habit of trying to force sexual tension in some of her novels and novellas. Sometimes it works but other times it doesn't. I was able to tolerate a few of them early on in the book. But by the sixty percent mark (over half way), it got to be rather grating. From 'accidentally' grabbing butts, to suddenly grabbing a female who doesn't like to be touched and a whole lot of other ridiculous set ups. I almost gave up on reading the book entirely and had to sometimes put it down for days at a time. At the end of the day these annoying tidbits disrupted the flow of the story and took me out of the book entirely. Not a good sign. Still plan to read on but think I'll take a break and instead of buying anymore of this series when I come back. I'll just sign up and use KU instead.
The ending was a tad abrupt too, but otherwise a quick page turner. Already bought book 2.
* Creative apocalypse/paranormal world created
* Well written and fast paced plot
* Offered as a kindleunlimited
* I really liked the heroine in this book -little things about her, for instance how she'd never seen a mirror and had no idea what she looked like - her character just came across as humble and almost innocent despite this horrible world
* It was too short - I get that it was only the first book of the series but this read more like a "serial" rather than a first installment
* The book cover is dreadful
* I didn’t like the idea of a love triangle - 3 men rescue the heroine and they all seem to be smitten with her in some way- I wish the romantic interest had only been portrayed as a possibility between Allura and one of the men.
* I wasn’t a fan of the ending - while it wasn’t a brutal cliffhanger like many Ive come across, it just seems to end at an awkward part - this one didn’t even feel like a HFN, one page you were reading along, then BAM, advertisement for book 2.
All things considered, I was pleased with this read and will definitely check out book 2. I just hope this isn’t one of those series that keeps going and going. I want some closure in the foreseeable future.
Most recent customer reviews
From bring prisoner to finding outbyour a hybrid.Read more