Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 5, 2015
Good, but I prefer the House Shichimi Togarashi. Maybe it's just the bottle I got, but it seems a bit less rich, less lively than the House brand equivalent. S&B's mix seems lighter on the citrus and seaweed, heavier on the peppercorns (crunch!) and red chili. Both brands are acceptable and will satisfy your cravings for a good Seven Spice blend but for me, the S&B comes in second to House.

Don't get me wrong-- this stuff is good. If I ever couldn't get House, I'd buy this without hesitation.
on June 24, 2017
I saw a cooking show where different restaurants were visited ( possibly diners, drive-ins, and dives). I saw a chef pull this out and include this spice in a dish he was preparing. I didn't recognize the label, so I paused the screen and studied the label. I compared it to different spice labels that ifoind not eh internet and determined that this is what he was using. I think that it is fun to try new spice mixes. Has a nice chili heat that arrives after the initial consumption. Good for adults, probably too spicy for kids if shaken on food salt and pepper style. I have not tried to mix into recipes to dilute because it is not inexpensive. Fairly distinct flavor profile. I think that it would be fun on popcorn as well. I imagine that someone from Japan would recognize and miss the flavors.
Bon Apetit.
on May 10, 2017
It did finally arrive and I forgot about leaving a review. This quite literally came from Japan. And here I thought China took forever... Nope!
It's an okay spice. I don't like the overall flavor on its own but then, I am probably not using it as it is truly intended - what that purpose is, I have no clue. I do mix it in with my rubs that I create and it will balance itself within those flavor profiles nicely.
on September 17, 2017
This stuff is amazing. I had it at a sushi restaurant and loved it on rice and squid salad. I tried to find it at my local Asian market to no avail, so I ordered direct from Japan via this listing. These bottles are small, but a little goes a long way with this. You can use this in addition to or in place of a furikake blend. I've also find it goes well on chicken and vegetables. Very versatile and delicious.
on December 13, 2017
I don't have a huge tolerance for spicy hot peppers, but I am CRAZY for this stuff! Just a little bit blows the top of my head off! Try it, you'll like it!
on November 27, 2017
It is nice to try a new spice mix that is so different from any I've tried before. I put this on scrambled eggs, avacado toast and raw bell pepper slices, jasmine rice, stewed chicken, breaded fried pork chops (so far), and we enjoy it. I will be buying a few more for gifts.
on May 31, 2014
I put this on top of my Chinese Soup after I dish it up in the bowl --- sometimes even a dash or two on top of regular homemade chicken and rice soup. I've also put it on top of steamed veges. Use sparingly. Just set it on the table for others to use.

It's made of various chilis so you don't need much, and the blend is a unique taste. Definitely more Asian (not Mexican chili taste). I usually try to make most things myself, but this taste is so unique and you need so little per serving, I'll just buy this. Very good flavor addition.
on September 20, 2012
First, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot peppers. This seasoning is a perfect blend of peppers & other spices. it adds just the right amount of heat. I add it to many of my dishes and it always enhances it. Especially, if my dish turned out a little sweeter than I wanted it. This spice evens it out. Of course, the more you use the hotter it is. Go light, taste & sprinkle more if needed. You can always add but you can't take it out once it's in there. My whole family likes it.
on October 12, 2017
The blend of flavors are nice and flavorful, but it takes quite a few shakes to make the flavor apparent. Maybe I received a weak bottle, but it wasn't really worth the 5 week delivery from Japan. Decent stuff, though.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 17, 2018
Delicious spice mix and great purchase if you have not tried it before (next time will have to buy larger size because it's so good you will go through this fast). It wasn't very spicy for my taste but others may find it to have a bit of heat.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse