- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Sid & Nancy The Criterion Collection
Special Edition, Criterion Collection
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
With the lacerating love story Sid & Nancy, Alex Cox reimagines the crash-and-burn affair between punk s most notorious self-destructive poster children: Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious and his girlfriend, Nancy Spungen brought to visceral life by brilliant performances from Gary Oldman and Chloe Webb. Cox turns his anarchic filmmaking style on the explosive energy of the London punk scene and the degenerate streets of seventies New York, making for an eviscerating depiction of excess and addiction. Through the lens of cinematographer Roger Deakins, the imagery goes from swooning to grimy, and the film s bleakness is balanced with surreal humor and genuine tenderness, making for an affecting, music-fueled vision of doomed love.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED TWO-DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New 4K digital restoration
- Alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack
- Two audio commentaries: one from 1994 featuring cowriter Abbe Wool, actors Gary Oldman and Chloe Webb, cultural historian Greil Marcus, filmmakers Julien Temple and Lech Kowalski, and musician Eliot Kidd; the other from 2001 featuring cowriter-director Alex Cox and actor Andrew Schofield
- England s Glory, a 1987 documentary on the making of Sid & Nancy
- Infamous 1976 Bill Grundy interview with the Sex Pistols on British television
- Rare telephone interview from 1978 with Sid Vicious
- Interviews with Vicious and Nancy Spungen from the 1980 documentary D.O.A.: A Right of Passage
- Archival interviews and footage
- PLUS: An essay by author Jon Savage and a 1986 piece compiled by Cox about Vicious, Spungen, and the making of the film
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Though, I give it a 4/5 stars because I thought she could've been prettier and more enticing to look at. (I'm a jerk for saying that, I know.) I loved most of the romance scenes with the two of them. Its sincere and puts a smile to your face. The end of the movie depressed me, but was done brilliantly.
For sure, this is worth buying and watching. I'm glad I found this out of randomly looking for music/indie movies, and will keep it in my Favorites collection. Thanks Gary Oldman, for proving your one of the best actors in the business. :)
Sid & Nancy also introduced us to Gary Oldman, who sang all the songs in the movie and now has gone onto bigger things (whether that's good I don't know).
The extra features on this DVD are really exciting. Phone interviews with Sid Vicious, a great video interview with the real Sid & Nancy, the infamous Bill Grundy interview, a making of documantary, and commentary by all the stars of the film.
I must have seen this every day going to high school on videotape, now that that tape is all worn out, I have the DVD to see it 100 more times!
Vicious, or drug related movies, this is a movie for you. Gary Oldman is so young, and hot in this movie. I just had to get that one in there. The soundtrack is awsome, Joe Strummer's "Love Kills" is just a killer song.