& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- An internship gives Nancy a crash course in Mayan culture. But when the artifacts go missing and the only clue is a mysterious scarlet handprint, she's on the case.
- Unearth the clues and learn about Mayan culture -- tie the two together and see if you can solve the mystery
- Wander through the museum to learn as much you can, then visit unique places like the D.C. subway and the Mexican Consulate
- Test your thinking skills by solving the challenging quizzes and passing each level
- Unravel a long-lost secret and recover the priceless ancient artifacts as the world-famous teen detective!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There is more area and people to cover than the previous games. A positive note, it is ONE disc. That is GOOOOOD. I recall one of the Nancy Drew games having two discs and I had to a lot of switching ... OFTEN. A negative note, this is not a game you can stop playing a week and then get back into. There is a lot of note taking, impressions of personalities to remember, etc. After 5 or more days, you forget small (but vital) things.
Yes, I recommend it highly, but not for age 10. I also recommend, if the player is around age 12, to send in the card for the game secrets/manual.... Otherwise, your gamer may end up stuck in a spot or two and is UNABLE to continue on without some vital clue. The manual can be used to help over those rough spots.
One more thing, check the system requirements before purchasing. I have heard that some people are trying to play the game on a machine without the requirements listed. (Amazon lists these requirements near the price.) If you don't have the lowest requirements, forget it. It will freeze often.... (IT'S FREE). Then you can go to the chat board where you choose which of the games you are playing, all 6 are listed, and ask questions, leave tips, etc. It won't be long before your post is answered either! Seems as though many people are always there.
First, let me say that, as someone who is seriously considering a master's degree in museum studies, this game was an absolute delight! The museum is filled with nooks and crannies to explore: the curator's office, the exhibition hall, a three-storey Maya temple, gardens, shipping and receiving and the lab, filled with neat gadgets such as an analyzer, foam packing machine, ham radio and more, all of which help Nancy on her quest.
"Secret of the Scarlet Hand" simply offers more locations than previous games, more characters/suspects, and a much deeper storyline. Nancy travels to different locations by subway, with a static image overlay as the various station lights light up on the metro map. Graphics are, as always, beautiful. The Maya artifacts are photo realistic, extremely detailed and vibrant. Music and ambient sounds are more pronounced than in previous ND games. The score features haunting panpipes, rainforest birdcalls, and flamenco, along with more ominous mood music-although some reviewers though the music was too repetitive, I found that the soundtrack greatly enhanced the gaming experience.
This is definitely the most educational of the Nancy Drew games.Read more ›
1. Secrets Can Kill - I give it (**) - The graphics weren't the greatest and the killer turned out to be someone that didn't even appear until the end of the game. I also didn't like having to switch from one CD to another.
2. Stay Tuned for Danger - (***) the graphics still needed improvement but puzzles were better.
3. Message in a Haunted Mansion - (****) The graphis still weren't the best but the puzzles and other clues made it interesting.
4. Treasure in the Royal Tower - (*****) - This is one of my favorite games in the ND series. I liked the puzzles and learning about Marie Antoinette. Very Fun Game to play.
5. The Final Scene (***) - This games was alright but I didn't like just staying at the theater because there were only so many rooms to explore.
6. Secret of the Scarlet Hand - (*****) This is one of my favorite games in the ND series because I got to learn all about Mayan culture and King Pacal.
7. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake - (****) I really liked the characters in this game. I also liked that I got to learn about forest life, different types of poision ivy and lime disease. A very fun game.
8. The Haunted Carousel - (****) - This was a good game but not as interesting (educational) as other games were. The robot was rather annoying.
9. Danger on Deception Island (*****) - I really liked this game because it teache you about whales and how to go clam picking. I really liked the stoy plot as well. The only puzzle I did not like was the matching game because you'd turn over a card but then the match might be on screen 1 or screen 2 or screen 3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Something was wrong with 4 of the discs. I couldn't install, play, or open any of the files for the game.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
My mother loves Nancy Drew games and we have been searching for this one for a while. It was a great price and works perfectly.Published 13 months ago by nika
Love all of the Nancy Drew series - well done and really makes you thinkPublished 14 months ago by Dorothy J. Martch
I have to admit, I am biased here. I love this game with a love that is both ridiculous and inexplicable. I'm not sure why this one in particular caught my imagination. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Jennifer H. Lee